• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense is Back

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I know its one game but I feel like the D is back and it is going to look scary when Smith and Willis comes back. We have J. smith, Dorsey(who looks good), A. Smith, Willis, and the combo of Brooks and Lemon(who I think we be a stud). I wish we had another stud DE on the other side of Smith because then J. Smith wouldn't get doubled team all the time

1 problem: Secondary is still week. Reid is the only one that looks good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
188 yards is all they let up. 7 yards only in the 3rd Q. That's with missing a lot of key pieces.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our defense could catch that game would've been way worse.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I know its one game but I feel like the D is back and it is going to look scary when Smith and Willis comes back. We have J. smith, Dorsey(who looks good), A. Smith, Willis, and the combo of Brooks and Lemon(who I think we be a stud). I wish we had another stud DE on the other side of Smith because then J. Smith wouldn't get doubled team all the time

Dude, I honestly never worried about the defense. They shut teams down but were wore out because the offense was so bad. We were missing Aldon and Willis last night and still stuffed them. Our front 4 put heat on Bradford all game long. They aren't great but anybody comparing them to Jax is out of their mind.

The defense is fine. As long as the O runs the ball and plays ball control, the D will be successful. The secondary is a work in progress.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I thought they gave a very good effort; especially the front 7. They got a consistent pass rush and shut down the run. Teams that do that will win a lot of games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes control the clock and give the D rest and we will be fine. The only problem I have with the D is they ran out of gas last year in the playoffs and superbowl. They lost us the superbowl. Some how we have to keep them fresh.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense played as they're suppose to play vs a bottom team...

they play like this vs Houston, then our claim for one of the best defenses in the league is restored...

but the quality of the Rams, for me, keeps my expectations grounded...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Calamity. Lets See what they do against Houston. No way this team should lose to them with 10 days to get ready for them.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the committment to the run game which extended drives help in resting the defense.... which is key...

besides... Lemonade was pretty good going up against that OL as was skuta... but Bowman was a true beast last night...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes control the clock and give the D rest and we will be fine. The only problem I have with the D is they ran out of gas last year in the playoffs and superbowl. They lost us the superbowl. Some how we have to keep them fresh.

DOn't forget they were playing with players who were seriously hampered by injury like the Smith brothers. Still, they did enough to win. Kapernick and the coaching staff fell apart on the last series and that killed them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense played as they're suppose to play vs a bottom team...

they play like this vs Houston, then our claim for one of the best defenses in the league is restored...

but the quality of the Rams, for me, keeps my expectations grounded...

^ This

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The back end still worries me. That said, the D wasn't the problem in our losing streak.

I hadn't put it all together until yesterday when a buddy asked what was up with the Niners, but against the Hawks they had two terrible breakdowns on each of the first two TD drives. On the first, Wilson did his escape the pocket, heave a 51-yarder to Baldwin thing. Then we would have had them facing 3rd and 18 from the 19, I think, when Brooks did the facemask. On the second TD, there was the 40-yard PI call on Brown followed by the very dubious roughness penalty on Aldon. Those plays led to 14 points instead of 6. And the wheels kind of fell off late. We still lose the game, but it's not the blowout it appeared to be.

Against the Colts, the D played well most of the game. The biggest problem was the inability to get off the field in the third and fourth quarters. But in both the losses the D was on the field for 36+ minutes.

Kendal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman and Brooks played great. The inside blitzes with Bowman were fantastic. I know that the Rams have a bad O-line, but the 9ers have got to more of those kinds of things. I think that with Aldon Smith maybe the niners coaches get bland with their blitz packages because Aldon is so good they figure they will just send him every time. They need to mix it up better when Aldon comes back, blitz Brooks, Bowman, Willis, and Lemonier more often. I thought Tramaine Brock had a good game as well.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aso's replacement looked better than Aso too. Forget his name though

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree I don't like how Brock played. He almost gave up an open TD but Bradford stinks and missed him. Brock really nly made 1 nice play with the Tip that gave us a INT. I do agree secondary is weak. I thought brown was going to step up this year. He took a step back. To be fair he is always going up with the other Teams #1 most of the time. I think he is losing money this year by the way he is playing.

The only time we should pass a lot is if teams dare us and stack the box. Stay with last years plan....Run Run and run some more and do some play actions to open up the passing plays. we need to work on our 3 and outs. Way too many. I think we lead the league in 3 and outs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree I don't like how Brock played. He almost gave up an open TD but Bradford stinks and missed him. Brock really nly made 1 nice play with the Tip that gave us a INT. I do agree secondary is weak. I thought brown was going to step up this year. He took a step back. To be fair he is always going up with the other Teams #1 most of the time. I think he is losing money this year by the way he is playing.

The only time we should pass a lot is if teams dare us and stack the box. Stay with last years plan....Run Run and run some more and do some play actions to open up the passing plays. we need to work on our 3 and outs. Way too many. I think we lead the league in 3 and outs.

I don't recall Brock giving up many receptions. Was he in coverage on the early on where the CB and Reid got beaten deep? I missed who the CB was on that one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes reid was playing Middle and Brock was suppose to play corner and he went and played Zone by the sideline. Now maybe it was reid's fault but after the play u can see either reid or Whitner pointing at Brock.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree I don't like how Brock played. He almost gave up an open TD but Bradford stinks and missed him.

That looked more like him and Pettis weren't on the same page. The route looked flat, and it looked like Bradford was expecting him to break towards the corner, which he should have done because it makes it a much easier throw/play. Brock still didn't cover very well, but I don't think that was Bradfords fault.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
liked the fact they shut down the run. they didn't just slow down the run, they shut it down. Dorsey also had a good game, and that's not counting the sack.