• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dear Ohio State

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting matters: that bunch who were the leaders of the OSU team were mainly the big recruits that Meyer pulled in the last two recruiting cycles. Getting not just one or two, but bunches of that kind of talent pays off. Just ask Alabama.

Coaching also matters: No one can say the Urban Meyer is not a really good coach. Love him or hate him, he knows what he's doing.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING: Phil Knight to donate 94.3 million into OHSU cloning project to start cloning Marcus Mariota.

Just pay him half that to come back.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talks of Mariota returning,

His people are telling him where he'll go in the draft and he doesn't like what he's hearing. Him and the Titans are big, big losers after last night. :bawling: I guess now we get the badass DE I've been dreaming of.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Established pipelines. The old successful schools have pipelines into the high schools that produce those brutes and they protect them like they were gold mines (which they are). They have run coaching clinics for years in their recruiting areas and pampered the high school coaches with experiences, praise and advice.

All the big time programs have "go to" high schools and areas that are hotbeds for them in recruiting. Oregon is not a hotbed for high school football so you have to go into California, Texas and other places to supplement your roster and it's a tough sell getting these kids in mass over the Texas, Oklahoma, and USC type programs.

Auburn primarily recruits in Alabama, Georgia and Florida which makes up 80% of our roster and most of them are within a 3 to 4 hour drive radius. It makes a huge difference.

Well said, it helps to have a program in a state that has excellent HS football programs. This is why what Nebraska did in the 90's is so amazing. They just broke into those pipelines and cherry picked the kids they wanted to build a dynasty. On the other hand its hard to work those pipelines long term.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, it helps to have a program in a state that has excellent HS football programs. This is why what Nebraska did in the 90's is so amazing. They just broke into those pipelines and cherry picked the kids they wanted to build a dynasty. On the other hand its hard to work those pipelines long term.

They are in the poly pipeline they do need to expand

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING: Phil Knight to donate 94.3 million into OHSU cloning project to start cloning Marcus Mariota.

Phil needs to start spending that money on big as fuck DL. You can clone 100 Mariota's and Oregon isn't winning the NC if they do not get big up front in the trenches. The way Elliott ran over that D-lineman with ease was embarrassing.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the same thing can't say I'm too happy about that. Talk was that he's going to possibly take a few courses like dancing. Like leinhart did his final year at SC

Leinart was taking courses in the Horizontal Bop. :happy:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His people are telling him where he'll go in the draft and he doesn't like what he's hearing. Him and the Titans are big, big losers after last night. :bawling: I guess now we get the badass DE I've been dreaming of.

Saw on Twitter there was not a Bucs scout at the game.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I am surprised that OD showed up. Congrats on manning up. Next time leave the beans out of it. :lol:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftr, your team caused 1 TO. The Buckeyes handed them the ball the other 3. It easily could have been a 5-6 score game. Nice season nonetheless.

THIS ^^^^^ Oregon's D didn't cause anything. tOSU hurt themselves. The score should easily have been 56-20. Even when it was 21-20 it just didn't seem like it should be that close. Oregon was manhandled. Cowherd said that tOSU has over 60 5 and 4 star athletes on its roster and compared to Oregon having under 30.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome to see OD come man up here and take his lumps. Not shocked he had to say his team is the best in college football while doing so. :L

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on the win and your national championship. I mean not to take anything away from your accomplishments as I truly feel you beat the best team in college football last night. C Jones is a tank, Ezekiel thst RB is a freak of nature. Your season was impressive. Congrats on win.

What I say here I do not mean to take anything away from your teams win. What this is is a complete bullsbit against wtf is Helfrich doing and some of the selfishness of our players who decide to smoke dope before the biggest game of their career. It's not taking the fucking points on 4th and goal. It's not dialing up plays to score off 4 g damn turnovers....

It's not putting the game in your best player ever to come through Oregon history. Instead we decide to put the ball into a RB hand thst looked soft for most the game, yes freeman I'm looking at you. Or Tyner who is about a durable as Mrs. Buttersworths frail bones.

It's not being able to defend ONE FUCKING play that the buckeyes ran over and over.

We cause 4 spitting turnovers and we lose?!??!?

How????

This is much more of a disappointment than that auburn loss. We came into this game as the better team, this was ours and we looked like complete horse pie. Unprepared. Out coached. Out played.

Congrats ohio state

thank you, and congrats on the Ducks good season. a couple of points though.

Of the 4 turnovers, the ducks only caused 1. the other three were gifts from OSU.

and about coming into the game as the better team, actually you weren't. OSU came into the game as the better team, but weren't given any deserved respect by the sports media.

I think everyone had been filling your players heads for 10 days that the Natty was their's, and the game was a formality.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Urban Meyer, he is easy to dislike, but I can't bring myself to dislike Cardalle Jones. Like the kid, amazing 3-0 record for the teams he's beaten.