• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

De'Aaron Fox - A left-handed Chris Paul?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think that as well as this guy has played, he had not yet reached the drinking age (on Thursday, to be specific). Sacramento is a terribly run organization, but Fox is looking to be the type of player that could cover up a team's liabilities. And he's showing an ability to make guys around him better, as Buddy Hield and WCS are having career years in large part because of the presence of Fox at the point.

The Kings don't have a first rounder this year, and now the question becomes whether or not this front office can put the right pieces around these guys in FA, along with this year's #2 pick, Marvin Bagley. Sacramento should be competitive for years to come, the only question being "How competitive?".

And to think, as good as LeBron and Lonzo Ball have looked together, just imagine how LeBron and Fox could have done. :heh:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a hot take and prisoner of the moment take, but Fox could end up being the best player in his draft class.

Think he's taken a HUGE leap forward this year. It's also helped the offense that he's running is really suited to his strengths. Time will tell, but defensively he's a stud already. I think he has more growing to do on the offensive end, but he's really dynamic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think that as well as this guy has played, he had not yet reached the drinking age (on Thursday, to be specific). Sacramento is a terribly run organization, but Fox is looking to be the type of player that could cover up a team's liabilities. And he's showing an ability to make guys around him better, as Buddy Hield and WCS are having career years in large part because of the presence of Fox at the point.

The Kings don't have a first rounder this year, and now the question becomes whether or not this front office can put the right pieces around these guys in FA, along with this year's #2 pick, Marvin Bagley. Sacramento should be competitive for years to come, the only question being "How competitive?".

And to think, as good as LeBron and Lonzo Ball have looked together, just imagine how LeBron and Fox could have done. :heh:
thanks goodness the Lakers took Ball over Fox.....Fox destroyed Ball in the tourney too....Fox would be a great fit with Bron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a hot take and prisoner of the moment take, but Fox could end up being the best player in his draft class.

Think he's taken a HUGE leap forward this year. It's also helped the offense that he's running is really suited to his strengths. Time will tell, but defensively he's a stud already. I think he has more growing to do on the offensive end, but he's really dynamic.
ive been on fox for a long time. I really liked him in that draft.

what I said in August of 2017::

ROY:
1. De'Aron Fox- just seems like a great kid with a great work ethic and all the tools- love how he smoked Ball in the tourney.
2. Dennis Smith- will have plenty of opportunity- I think he was a steal where he was taken.
3. Ben Simmons- most talented rookie eligible player by a fair margin

another August of 2017:

Fox was GRAND LARCENY at #5. Markannen was the PERFECT fit at #7

From April:

then it kind of gets squashed up in there. Josh Jackson is def a guy who's stock has fallen. Markenen is def. a guy who's stock has risen and looks like a helluva player. Lonzo would still go very high. DSJ would still go very high--- Fox has and will be my sleeper guy in that draft. I loved him in the tourney- he has a ton of talent and just needs to physically and emotionally mature. He has a lot mof maturing to do--hes LISTED at 175 lbs....but i love his game and his athleticism.....hes a guy i would definitely not give up on until hes had a few years in the league.

how does it go @DJ ?

oh yah

#timevindicates

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid definitely loves the game and you can see that every time he steps on the floor. I've only been to about half of the kings home games this year but there is definitely a lot of love for Fox. His BB IQ is off the charts and has been getting better as the year goes on. Will be interesting if in a few years if he will want to stay or chase a ring.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive been on fox for a long time. I really liked him in that draft.

what I said in August of 2017::

ROY:
1. De'Aron Fox- just seems like a great kid with a great work ethic and all the tools- love how he smoked Ball in the tourney.
2. Dennis Smith- will have plenty of opportunity- I think he was a steal where he was taken.
3. Ben Simmons- most talented rookie eligible player by a fair margin

another August of 2017:

Fox was GRAND LARCENY at #5. Markannen was the PERFECT fit at #7

From April:

then it kind of gets squashed up in there. Josh Jackson is def a guy who's stock has fallen. Markenen is def. a guy who's stock has risen and looks like a helluva player. Lonzo would still go very high. DSJ would still go very high--- Fox has and will be my sleeper guy in that draft. I loved him in the tourney- he has a ton of talent and just needs to physically and emotionally mature. He has a lot mof maturing to do--hes LISTED at 175 lbs....but i love his game and his athleticism.....hes a guy i would definitely not give up on until hes had a few years in the league.

how does it go @DJ ?

oh yah

#timevindicates

What could have been...Fox, Kuzma, Ingram and Lebron.

Lonzo
upload_2018-12-18_13-48-5.png

Fox
upload_2018-12-18_13-48-40.png

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would have been really scary is if they gave Indiana what they wanted for PG--- Ingram.

PG has played freaking lights out.

imagine:

PG: Fox
SG: PG
SF: Bron
PF: Kuzma
C: Warm Body

That would make me nervous.
Be honest, when you think of warm bodies you think of a sweaty, alley ooping JaVale McGee

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prisoner of the moment? :scratch:

Fox is the best under-21 player in the league today, and there's little to dispute that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prisoner of the moment? :scratch:

Fox is the best under-21 player in the league today, and there's little to dispute that.

Yes, prisoner of the moment. Fox has had a great run this year but all it takes is 2 rough weeks and we're back tracking our statements pretty hastily.

Last year, myself included, we were all talking about Donovan Mitchell being the next big thing. That talk has fallen off considerably. Same with Tatum. Doesn't mean they're any less talented than we thought, only that hype help build up their status.

Also players under 21 is a pretty small list. Hell Fox himself turns 21 in two days. It pretty much eliminates anyone from the 2016 NBA draft. Ben Simmons and Jaylen Brown are both 22. So you're talking about the last two draft classes alone. That's a small list. Under 25 would be a better way to gauge this. KAT is pretty much only 2 years older than Fox.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39

might be time for you to make a revised under 25 list. Lot of quality guys you'd have to include on there like KAT, Booker, Porzingas, Simmons, Embiid, Jokic, Tatum, Brown, Mitchell, etc.

BTW: Devin Booker is only a year older than Fox.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39

might be time for you to make a revised under 25 list. Lot of quality guys you'd have to include on there like KAT, Booker, Porzingas, Simmons, Embiid, Jokic, Tatum, Brown, Mitchell, etc.

BTW: Devin Booker is only a year older than Fox.

And his team is God-awful...

Yes, Fox birthday is in two days, and if you actually read my post you'd know that I've acknowledged that, still doesn't take away from the fact that he's an elite young player for his age.

Speaking to the topic actually at hand - How does his career project in comparison with that of Chris Paul in the long-term?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his team is God-awful...

Yes, Fox birthday is in two days, and if you actually read my post you'd know that I've acknowledged that, still doesn't take away from the fact that he's an elite young player for his age.

Speaking to the topic actually at hand - How does his career project in comparison with that of Chris Paul in the long-term?

Why the face palm? You're the one who put the age restraint there to try to solidify your argument. I wasn't even attacking you. Shit re-read my post if need be. I was just merely pointing out pointing that specific age range isn't a good indicator of his future projections. It's just an incredibly narrow field. If you wanted a better gauge, you could broaden the list, even by 2 years and have a much better idea of where his potential lies.

We really have no idea of how his career projects because he's not even completed his second year in the league. If you're just comparing strictly off numbers then sure. But then again Lonzo had very similar numbers to Jason Kidd his first year in the league.

I actually think he's much more similar to a young Tony Parker.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the face palm? You're the one who put the age restraint there to try to solidify your argument. I wasn't even attacking you. Shit re-read my post if need be. I was just merely pointing out pointing that specific age range isn't a good indicator of his future projections. It's just an incredibly narrow field. If you wanted a better gauge, you could broaden the list, even by 2 years and have a much better idea of where his potential lies.

We really have no idea of how his career projects because he's not even completed his second year in the league. If you're just comparing strictly off numbers then sure. But then again Lonzo had very similar numbers to Jason Kidd his first year in the league.

I actually think he's much more similar to a young Tony Parker.

LOL Don't even play "I didn't attack" card. I've seen you attack me in threads when it was completely unprovoked, and some of those times I didn't even respond to your attacks.

I'll get to that one later but my time is constrained right now...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Don't even play "I didn't attack" card. I've seen you attack me in threads when it was completely unprovoked, and some of those times I didn't even respond to your attacks.

I'll get to that one later but my time is constrained right now...

LOL, so damn insecure that you can't view a post individually. I mean shit me and @WiggyRuss get into in constantly, but even he knows that I'm not attacking him on every individual post. We actually have civilized debate, as long as neither the Warriors or Cavs are involved in discussions, lol.

I said it was my hot take and a prison of the moment take that I thought he could end up being the best player in his draft class (which was loaded) and you disagreed and said he was the best under 21 player.

I responded saying that it was a prisoner of the moment because he's at his peak right now and two bad weeks could change that opinion. I referred to Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum to support my reasoning.

THEN, I addressed your under 21 comment. I just said it's a pretty small list and hard to judge. If it was opened up a few years, then you'd have some players who could be considered comparable.

There was absolutely NOTHING in my post that attacked you. LOL, stop thinking you're special. All I did was address what you asked of me. You're the one who derailed it and asked me to essentially explain my reasoning. If you could actually think for one second, my initial post completely fucking agreed with you, moron.

See that was me attacking you calling you a moron. See how that works?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39

I can see where some confusion has taken place. Re-read my initial post. I was saying that it was MY hot take and ME being prisoner of the moment thinking De'Aaron Fox could be the best player in his draft class. This had NO reference to you at all.

I was actually agreeing with you. But you chose to see it as me attacking you. Funny how that works.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, so damn insecure that you can't view a post individually. I mean shit me and @WiggyRuss get into in constantly, but even he knows that I'm not attacking him on every individual post. We actually have civilized debate, as long as neither the Warriors or Cavs are involved in discussions, lol.

I said it was my hot take and a prison of the moment take that I thought he could end up being the best player in his draft class (which was loaded) and you disagreed and said he was the best under 21 player.

I responded saying that it was a prisoner of the moment because he's at his peak right now and two bad weeks could change that opinion. I referred to Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum to support my reasoning.

THEN, I addressed your under 21 comment. I just said it's a pretty small list and hard to judge. If it was opened up a few years, then you'd have some players who could be considered comparable.

There was absolutely NOTHING in my post that attacked you. LOL, stop thinking you're special. All I did was address what you asked of me. You're the one who derailed it and asked me to essentially explain my reasoning. If you could actually think for one second, my initial post completely fucking agreed with you, moron.

See that was me attacking you calling you a moron. See how that works?

Wow, you sure spent a lot of time typing this.

I work in a nursing home, dude. I am typing this from my phone. I'll get to some things when I get to them...