• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DCFFL Mock Discussion

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at the very least I'm telling you you may want to give more careful consideration to ensuring your verbiage properly conveys the tone you wish.

:hug:

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pick was almost too easy.

Pittsburgh's ILB situation (and defense overall, really) tanked when Shazier was broken in half. He did too many things for them on defense to overcome losing, in particular bringing pressure from the middle and his ability to act as an eraser in coverage.

Vander Esch isn't quite the athlete that Shazier is (few are). And there's some bit of risk with him only producing for what amounted to one year at Boise St, but that was mostly due to injury. The bottom line is that he's fundamentally sound, takes his first steps toward the play, is a good tackler, can blitz and best of all isn't a scrub in coverage. Something to be said about a guy transforming himself from an 8-man HS football team walk-on to a Conference DMVP (Even if it is Mountain West) inside three years too.

The guy the Steelers picked up from the Bears that is penciled in opposite Williams as a starter right now is strictly a warm body/run-stopper and Matakevich is....well, Matakevich. It should not be hard for Vander Esch to crack their starting lineup fairly quickly.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think taking Lamar Jackson in rd1 means Blake Bortles is 100% gone. None of this competing stuff. It would mean Bortles has 1 year to get to the Super Bowl or else.

I'm not sure the Jaguars are going that route in real life. I think Kessler is going to challenge Bortles and they'll leave it at that but Lamar Jackson in general is an intriguing player for almost any team.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pick was almost too easy.

Pittsburgh's ILB situation (and defense overall, really) tanked when Shazier was broken in half. He did too many things for them on defense to overcome losing, in particular bringing pressure from the middle and his ability to act as an eraser in coverage.

Vander Esch isn't quite the athlete that Shazier is (few are). And there's some bit of risk with him only producing for what amounted to one year at Boise St, but that was mostly due to injury. The bottom line is that he's fundamentally sound, takes his first steps toward the play, is a good tackler, can blitz and best of all isn't a scrub in coverage. Something to be said about a guy transforming himself from an 8-man HS football team walk-on to a Conference DMVP (Even if it is Mountain West) inside three years too.

The guy the Steelers picked up from the Bears that is penciled in opposite Williams as a starter right now is strictly a warm body/run-stopper and Matakevich is....well, Matakevich. It should not be hard for Vander Esch to crack their starting lineup fairly quickly.

They do need a QB eventually but I do like the pick a lot. Makes sense for them.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think taking Lamar Jackson in rd1 means Blake Bortles is 100% gone. None of this competing stuff. It would mean Bortles has 1 year to get to the Super Bowl or else.

I'm not sure the Jaguars are going that route in real life. I think Kessler is going to challenge Bortles and they'll leave it at that but Lamar Jackson in general is an intriguing player for almost any team.

Hope my Redskins really don’t take him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Kessler isn't starting material, IMO. Browns took a 6th round QB in round 3. Made no sense to me and now they have traded both he and Kizer away, signed another QB and will draft yet again another QB... One of these days they will hit it big. ;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope my Redskins really don’t take him.
I think 'Redskins' and 'Vita Vea' are one of the more likely picks to happen in the whole draft.

I can't imagine the Redskins picking a QB. Teams dont replace Alex Smith for at least a couple of years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Redskins drafting a QB, but not in round 1.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Kessler isn't starting material, IMO. Browns took a 6th round QB in round 3. Made no sense to me and now they have traded both he and Kizer away, signed another QB and will draft yet again another QB... One of these days they will hit it big. ;)
What I don't get is the Kizer draft pick. He obviously needed to wait at least a year on the bench before playing. His decision making was so poor in year 1, though, that he probably should've dropped to like rd5 last year. Kizer was always a project QB, though.

Kessler I think is just below Bortles so with a little improvement he could keep him honest. The Browns are so dysfuntional that they might have a Jeff Fisher effect on QBs so thats why I'm giving Kessler and his 7.1 YPA in 8 starts some chance against Bortles.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 'Redskins' and 'Vita Vea' are one of the more likely picks to happen in the whole draft.

I can't imagine the Redskins picking a QB. Teams dont replace Alex Smith for at least a couple of years.

I can see the Redskins drafting a QB, but not in round 1.

Agree and agree.

I see Skins taking Vea or Payne. Remember Payne played with Jonathan Allen at Bama and both Payne and Vea are so close in talent that maybe Payne has a edge cuz of chemistry. Who knows Skins could take a LS.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree on Kizer. I know the Browns need a QB every year, but there is a reason for that. I don't feel they ever draft the QB that makes the most sense for them.

Manziel, Kizer, Kessler, Weeden none of them made sense to me for them to draft. Kessler would have been fine rd 5-7 as a backup, but when you spend a 3rd on him followed by drafting a QB the following year that doesn't really fit (because they needed him to start right away and he wasn't ready)

Kizer is in a much better situation now for him to develop.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nearly took Hernandez for the Bengals. Just couldn't pass on McGlinchey who has a top 10 national grade right now.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Williams seems like a good value in rd2. I feel like he is the type of player someone is going to reach a bit on in real life.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt Williams was overrated, but agree he is going to go higher come real draft.