• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day after retrospect

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to tell if he has the clutch gene. I know Griffin appears to have it. He has led the team down the field for scores in the final minutes several times in his short career. But Sunday Kirk threw a perfect pass on the right sideline on 3rd down, just a fantastic play by the defender. That pass is completed and maybe we have a different final drive. Too early to judge Cousins in crunch time.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to tell if he has the clutch gene. I know Griffin appears to have it. He has led the team down the field for scores in the final minutes several times in his short career. But Sunday Kirk threw a perfect pass on the right sideline on 3rd down, just a fantastic play by the defender. That pass is completed and maybe we have a different final drive. Too early to judge Cousins in crunch time.

The pass was a good pass and the defense was very good, but the read was wrong. Couldn't tell who the receiver was (Paul, I think) was open over the middle. Kirk was decisive, but almost too much so. Philly adjusted to those outs and were playing them aggressively with their CBs, leaving the middle and the LBs isolated. There was your mismatch.

Agree it is too early to tell about KC in the clutch. We've seen both from him. Final winning drives and failed winning drives.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass was a good pass and the defense was very good, but the read was wrong. Couldn't tell who the receiver was (Paul, I think) was open over the middle. Kirk was decisive, but almost too much so. Philly adjusted to those outs and were playing them aggressively with their CBs, leaving the middle and the LBs isolated. There was your mismatch.

Agree it is too early to tell about KC in the clutch. We've seen both from him. Final winning drives and failed winning drives.

So now I am defending Cousins and you are finding faults, complete role reversals from the previous 2 weeks. Too funny.

We really don't know if the read was incorrect. This could have been his first read on the play design, a sidelines pattern kind of makes sense. Again the guy was open when he threw it, the ball was there and it was just a fantastic play made. by the defender.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not really a role reversal, we just like to defend our quarterbacks

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now I am defending Cousins and you are finding faults, complete role reversals from the previous 2 weeks. Too funny.

We really don't know if the read was incorrect. This could have been his first read on the play design, a sidelines pattern kind of makes sense. Again the guy was open when he threw it, the ball was there and it was just a fantastic play made. by the defender.

Im an equal opportunity critic!

That's actually the point. When I was critical of RG3, its not that I was a hater, I just saw faults that I felt were discussion worthy. The same holds true with Cousins. I'm a fan of both and hope both play lights out. But they both have holes in their games/psyches that need to be addressed. Oh, BTW, this is not uncommon for young QBs. The real question is do they recognize their weaknesses and are willing to work on them? That may be where these two diverge......

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't look at wins/losses for a QB.

You can only look at points scored...nothing else matters.

If you score 30 points on offense, it's not the offenses fault you lost...unless they had 3 or 4 turnovers and left short fields for the other team.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't look at wins/losses for a QB.

You can only look at points scored...nothing else matters.

If you score 30 points on offense, it's not the offenses fault you lost...unless they had 3 or 4 turnovers and left short fields for the other team.

That's absurd. Of course wins or losses comes into play when you are determining QB play.

Perfect example, Marino...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absurd. Of course wins or losses comes into play when you are determining QB play.

Perfect example, Marino...

Can the QB control the defense and STs? Obviously not.

What do they control? The offense.

If the QB scores 30PPG with only 12 turnovers but the team only wins 3 games...there is no fault on the QB...NONE.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should put up 30 points tonight. Seattle and Ari different story. Both very good defenses. If we somehow put up 28-30 points on those teams its Kirks team for the year. Everyone forgets that this is only his 5 start in the NFL. He should not be judged by wins or losses. He should be judged by production. The real test are the Sea and Ari games. If he wins and produces those games you start fielding trade offers for RG3 right after the Ari game is completed.