• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis Cup of FF...Hooplanigans v Rivals Rejects

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this could be fun. Each side has 8 teams. Auction draft. Each team drafts as in any normal league. We play each team from the other Division twice. At the end of the season...the division with the most wins takes the money. Each team puts up say $100 and each team of the winning division wins in that case $200. Double or nothing.

Trades will go thru unless a simole maj of the league votes it down. Any 8-8 vote is a null trade. We should be able to help our teamates/each other while denying lopsided irregular trades.

Two commissioners one from each Division.

Lets do it...I can pull together 8...I think.

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...no interest at all?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we will be able to do this for any kind of money. Also, not many guys here are into the auction style drafts.

I also don't like being able to veto trades. I would say no trading between your own "teams" would solve any issues there.

Needs tweaking, but I think it has potential.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're going to have a hard time getting people to pay $100.00 at least from this side. I did a league this year and all I could get was 8 and my league was only $75.00.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're going to have a hard time getting people to pay $100.00 at least from this side. I did a league this year and all I could get was 8 and my league was only $75.00.
I think he meant $100 split 8 ways. But yeah, still difficult.

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welll shit. Why havent you people over here found auction drafts? It is by far the most fun and fair method...no debate. Money...that can be debated

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welll shit. Why havent you people over here found auction drafts? It is by far the most fun and fair method...no debate. Money...that can be debated
I'm not saying that people don't do them. They are just not as popular with this crew.

And just to clarify, are you talking about 2 separate, 8 man drafts or 1 big, 16 man draft?

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that people don't do them. They are just not as popular with this crew.

And just to clarify, are you talking about 2 separate, 8 man drafts or 1 big, 16 man draft?
One 16 team draft. Ill never do another snake draft in my life. They are boring and randomly unfair.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely agree!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One 16 team draft. Ill never do another snake draft in my life. They are boring and randomly unfair.
The problem with an auction draft in a format like this is that you could get the teammates working together. It could happen in a draft style as well, but it is not as likely. Just a thought.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that auction drafts give everybody a fair shot at every player, but I've won leagues where I was anywhere from 1-16 in snake drafts as well. It's not about your draft position, it's about who you draft with your draft position.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally think auction, and FAAB for that matter, are the single most ridiculous way to play FF. Obviously I'm out :) :suds:

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s note the difference between snake draft and auction.

Snake is a passive activity. You are assigned a position in an order of selection. From that position you shall not deviate. You will sit there and wait for your turn to come around. If you are at the beginning or end of the order...you will wait... and wait some more for your turn to act. Meanwhile you sit there and watch...watch as players you might have liked are removed from your list and nothing you can do about it. If you are at the end of the line you have no chance at the 10 players in the draft. At the beginning and you miss out on a large chunk of really good players. So every 30 min or whatever you get to make a decision and act. Then wait some more.

Auction is an active endeavor.

Everyone has the same budget and an equal chance to obtain the team they want to build. Its a brawl...a war that can turn to chaos leaving the unprepared reeling. The banter is alive. The bidding is unexpected and immanently fair. You can be involved in every single player and what is paid for him. Have a hand in every decision.

I ask...how could anyone enjoy a snake draft more than auction? Its my belief there are only 2 reactions to this question. 1...you’ve never participated in an auction. 2. You can’t handle the pressure of the moment that is an auction.

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that auction drafts give everybody a fair shot at every player, but I've won leagues where I was anywhere from 1-16 in snake drafts as well. It's not about your draft position, it's about who you draft with your draft position.
Yes...I have to, but the Auction is much more interesting and enjoyable. FUN

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with an auction draft in a format like this is that you could get the teammates working together. It could happen in a draft style as well, but it is not as likely. Just a thought.

Isnt that what makes this divisional team atmosphere different. Its all for one and one for all! Each division should work together.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s note the difference between snake draft and auction.

Snake is a passive activity. You are assigned a position in an order of selection. From that position you shall not deviate. You will sit there and wait for your turn to come around. If you are at the beginning or end of the order...you will wait... and wait some more for your turn to act. Meanwhile you sit there and watch...watch as players you might have liked are removed from your list and nothing you can do about it. If you are at the end of the line you have no chance at the 10 players in the draft. At the beginning and you miss out on a large chunk of really good players. So every 30 min or whatever you get to make a decision and act. Then wait some more.

Auction is an active endeavor.

Everyone has the same budget and an equal chance to obtain the team they want to build. Its a brawl...a war that can turn to chaos leaving the unprepared reeling. The banter is alive. The bidding is unexpected and immanently fair. You can be involved in every single player and what is paid for him. Have a hand in every decision.

I ask...how could anyone enjoy a snake draft more than auction? Its my belief there are only 2 reactions to this question. 1...you’ve never participated in an auction. 2. You can’t handle the pressure of the moment that is an auction.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows how it all works. It's just that some people prefer a snake style draft over an auction. I have done both. I prefer a snake draft. And I am pretty sure everyone I have been in an auction draft with can tell you that I can handle the pressure of the moment.

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure everyone knows how it all works. It's just that some people prefer a snake style draft over an auction. I have done both. I prefer a snake draft. And I am pretty sure everyone I have been in an auction draft with can tell you that I can handle the pressure of the moment.
What about a Snake draft do you prefer? I've pointed out why I like the Auction (not every reason as my trade secrets can't be shared).

What about a Snake draft is preferable to those who prefer it?