• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis Cup of FF...Hooplanigans v Rivals Rejects

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just prefer the flow of a snake draft. I don't mind waiting to pick. If it is an online draft, it allows me to take a smoke break, or if I have to work (which I hate to do a draft while I am working), I can have a co-worker or regular customer watch over it and give them a couple targets when my pick is close if I get called away. In an auction draft that is impossible. If it is a live draft (which I love), it allows me to walk around and fuck with people who are on the clock, or (in my main league), work on a trade with someone and whatnot. I also find it much easier to keep track of everyone else's teams and needs.

I will admit that I have never done a live auction draft, but I see that being a cluster fuck with the wrong people. I wouldn't trust some people to keep track of their cap on their own and I would imagine someone would have to keep track of every team's cap (and I sure as hell ain't volunteering for that job) and would hate to get halfway through and find out that some team has 5 empty spots and no money left. I feel like there is too much room for error with that unless you have someone not in the draft who controls all of that.

And I am not saying that I do not enjoy an auction draft, or that I would never do a live one. It is a completely different strategy and I get why some people may prefer it. I guess I am just old school and know how to handle the ebbs and flows of a snake draft. I actually think that I have a pretty good strategy when it comes to auctions. And I have never missed the playoffs in an auction league, so that enforces that. But if I had to choose, I would choose a snake. Fantasy football is not won in the first couple rounds. Championships are won in the later rounds and due to in season management, which includes waiver wire moves, trades, and starting and sitting the right players at the right time. That, and there is a pretty good amount of luck that goes into it.

I also think it's a little fucked up for you to come out and say that I am weak because I don't agree that auctions are better. It's really just a matter of preference, in my opinion. Kind of like some people prefer blondes to brunettes or redheads. People are different and that's OK.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For NFL players or FF owners?
Rumor is the owner of The Ghost Monkeys has been using PED's :bolt:

giphy.gif

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is the owner of The Ghost Monkeys has been using PED's :bolt:

giphy.gif
I think we may have to investigate this. I say we confiscate anything we find and make sure it is disposed of properly...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could both put on a hoodie and burn the evidence :whistle:
You say tomato, I say to-mah-to. You say burn the evidence, I say dispose of properly...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can rainbrow my posts @Stake ive been playing fantay wayyy too long. I know auctions. I just dont like them, just like u dont like snake drafts, to each their own

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can explain why I like pizza better than garlic fingers. I can also explain why my daughter prefers garlic fingers. Since any explanation involves personal opinion, it seems self explanatory to me.

I'm interested in an auction. I enjoy snakes. Definitely not for money. If there are vetoes of trades, I'm way out.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s note the difference between snake draft and auction.

Snake is a passive activity. You are assigned a position in an order of selection. From that position you shall not deviate. You will sit there and wait for your turn to come around. If you are at the beginning or end of the order...you will wait... and wait some more for your turn to act. Meanwhile you sit there and watch...watch as players you might have liked are removed from your list and nothing you can do about it. If you are at the end of the line you have no chance at the 10 players in the draft. At the beginning and you miss out on a large chunk of really good players. So every 30 min or whatever you get to make a decision and act. Then wait some more.

Auction is an active endeavor.

Everyone has the same budget and an equal chance to obtain the team they want to build. Its a brawl...a war that can turn to chaos leaving the unprepared reeling. The banter is alive. The bidding is unexpected and immanently fair. You can be involved in every single player and what is paid for him. Have a hand in every decision.

I ask...how could anyone enjoy a snake draft more than auction? Its my belief there are only 2 reactions to this question. 1...you’ve never participated in an auction. 2. You can’t handle the pressure of the moment that is an auction.
You're belief couldn't be further from reality. Done plenty of auctions..hated em all. There was no "pressure", let alone enough to not handle. Once you accept the pure and simple fact that leagues are not won in the first round, or with a 30-40$ player, but rather the values you find in the later rounds, or in your case, the $5 and under guys, the " pressure" is non existent. I would strongly argue that having desired targets and a desired team build in mind, only to watch the teams in front of you snipe your guys and ruin your hopes of building your team is exponentionally more "pressure", as you have to adjust everything on the fly.

What an elitist, egotistical assumption.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to flush out the reasons why some prefer a snake. I just do is not a reason. I say it's because you are weak...
You've got it backwards. Auctions and FAAB are for the weak..the weak who need to have a fair shot at every player and cannot strategize a way to win without that fair shot. Strong players figure out a way to get that player a round earlier in the draft, or a week before he's the big waiver pick up, strong players compete and win without needing "an even playing field"...how's that for a reason

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we got some response! Had to tweak some panties to get something. Bottom line...snake is boring and auction is not. We are in this for fun and auction is just more fun. Looks like the Davis cup here is DOA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m interested once you guys figure out what kind of draft and the money.

I vote for auction

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it's a little fucked up for you to come out and say that I am weak because I don't agree that auctions are better. It's really just a matter of preference, in my opinion. Kind of like some people prefer blondes to brunettes or redheads. People are different and that's OK.

Haha, classic internet forum method for getting a response. It worked!

Anyway, auctions are for pussies whom can't decide between two equivalent players and have to buy both instead of choosing one.:clap:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auctions and FAAB are for the weak

Nonsense

Auctions give everyone a shot at deciding who's on their team, way more strategy than just picking whoever is left when it's your turn.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense

Auctions give everyone a shot at deciding who's on their team, way more strategy than just picking whoever is left when it's your turn.
I agree, auction is nonsense, thank you. And what strategy do you really NEED when EVERYONE is an option..answer? Zero, Nada, zilch. All you gotta do is want the guy your after more than the next guy and he's yours. Oh yeah, the "budget".. Big whoop. When you can fill your roster at the end with $1 players, even without any $$ left in the budget, as long as no one bids against you, the "budget" is a farce. Not strategic in the slightest, only a matter of willpower and maybe desire

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, auction is nonsense, thank you. And what strategy do you really NEED when EVERYONE is an option..answer? Zero, Nada, zilch. All you gotta do is want the guy your after more than the next guy and he's yours. Oh yeah, the "budget".. Big whoop. When you can fill your roster at the end with $1 players, even without any $$ left in the budget, as long as no one bids against you, the "budget" is a farce. Not strategic in the slightest, only a matter of willpower and maybe desire

Okay if you don't understand we don't have to talk about it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay if you don't understand we don't have to talk about it.

Oh I understand perfectly, but agree, we definitely do not have to. Was perfectly fine not to until what's his name called everyone weak, or until you called my opinion nonsense, and then insulted my capacity of understanding a simple principal, but sure, let's just let you walk away with an air of superiority, cuz I just must not get it. Get over yourself and just understand not everyone likes the same things, and we don't need to understand why we disagree, and it doesn't have to be that you must be more intelligent, or whatever. Had everyone just accepted that opinions vary, that would've been the end of it all. Let it go and stop insulting people, they'll likely stop insulting and arguing with you... Smh

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense

I am an auction preferer too... WELL SAID MILK!!!

But I don't think on-line auctions work... Part of an auction IMO is getting in someone's face and Bait them to bid against you... sometimes helps you raise the prices for players you don't want... sometimes it scares people out...

It is like how on-line poker, you cant really bluff...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand perfectly, but agree, we definitely do not have to. Was perfectly fine not to until what's his name called everyone weak, or until you called my opinion nonsense, and then insulted my capacity of understanding a simple principal, but sure, let's just let you walk away with an air of superiority, cuz I just must not get it. Get over yourself and just understand not everyone likes the same things, and we don't need to understand why we disagree, and it doesn't have to be that you must be more intelligent, or whatever. Had everyone just accepted that opinions vary, that would've been the end of it all. Let it go and stop insulting people, they'll likely stop insulting and arguing with you... Smh

lolzzz you said auctions are for the weak, I responded by saying that was nonsense. If you truly believe picking whoever is left has more strategy that deciding who you want I don't know what else to say. I never insulted anyone I simply responded to you saying auctions are for the weak when the opposite is true...

In my 24 years of fantasy football I have found people who don't like auctions typically don't like them because they are afraid, they don't want to end up with a garbage team and look stupid, snake drafts are much safer.