• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DAVID IRVING

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving can go fuck himself. He wont be playing for anybody anytime soon. Just think of the millions he has squandered. He has the talent to be a top 5 lineman and just cant stay on the field. The retard is now suspended indefinately

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid is as stupid does...

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There. He got even with everybody. He quit football. That'll show ya. Pass the snort.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have a problem with Irving’s position on the use of opiates in the league and how pot could be a viable alternative. Pain killers has been the league’s dirty little secret a lot longer than I have been a fan (over 50 years and counting).

My problem with him is how he positioned himself last off-season as trying to be a good father and setting his daughter up financially for life by playing football... and now becoming this “self sacrificing” voice of reason.

Bullshit. I’ll guarantee he plays again. Somewhere...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have a problem with Irving’s position on the use of opiates in the league and how pot could be a viable alternative. Pain killers has been the league’s dirty little secret a lot longer than I have been a fan (over 50 years and counting).

My problem with him is how he positioned himself last off-season as trying to be a good father and setting his daughter up financially for life by playing football... and now becoming this “self sacrificing” voice of reason.

Bullshit. I’ll guarantee he plays again. Somewhere...

I think his NFL career is over. Maybe he plays in the CFL, XFL or AAF.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont partake in weed, but I am a believer it should not only be fine in the NFL, it should be used instead of opiates for painkillers. Opiates should be for the more major reasons. last resorts kinda thing. Not used like Candy while weed is condemned as some ultimate evil.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont partake in weed, but I am a believer it should not only be fine in the NFL, it should be used instead of opiates for painkillers. Opiates should be for the more major reasons. last resorts kinda thing. Not used like Candy while weed is condemned as some ultimate evil.

Ad of right now if the NFL started prescribing marijuana for pain management the Cowboys could not do so. Right now the only legal marijuana in Texas is by prescription for epilepsy.

I'm anti marijuana but I do think it will federally legal soon.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ad of right now if the NFL started prescribing marijuana for pain management the Cowboys could not do so. Right now the only legal marijuana in Texas is by prescription for epilepsy.

I'm anti marijuana but I do think it will federally legal soon.
I dont use any drugs (not counting alcohol LOL) but I also understand they are in use in the NFL.
Also understand they are against the rules. But logic should dictate that is a much better alternative than opiates.

So while I agree people are dumbasses for giving up million dollar careers over this.
As a league I can see much important things to fix that is legal in the NFL than going after weed smokers.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont use any drugs (not counting alcohol LOL) but I also understand they are in use in the NFL.
Also understand they are against the rules. But logic should dictate that is a much better alternative than opiates.

So while I agree people are dumbasses for giving up million dollar careers over this.
As a league I can see much important things to fix that is legal in the NFL than going after weed smokers.

I won't argue what is better, just saying if all teams cant prescribe it none should be allowed to do so. Now if you want to say the NFL should stop testing for it I will agree.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue what is better, just saying if all teams cant prescribe it none should be allowed to do so. Now if you want to say the NFL should stop testing for it I will agree.
well I guess until it became federal that would be the answer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I couldn't care less from a moral perspective if these guys smoke pot, but that isn't the point. As of this second it is not something you can do as an NFL player. That's the end of the story. I like drinking but if my entire field had a rule that I would be suspended and then fired for drinking and I was getting paid $10M per year there and one percent of that in another field; I wouldn't drink. End of story.

If Irving or the NFLPA want to work on the rule, then they should do so. But that isn't the way to do it. He comes off like a petulant child and perpetuates the idea that he is just an idiot. :2cents:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I wanted to support Irving I just can't anymore. He needs to be dropped like a bad transmission

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's getting the last laugh now?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving, Gregory, Josh Brent and Greg Hardy could have been a great DL. Maybe they will play together in the Texas penal league.

Former Cowboys DT Josh Brent was arrested on charges of public intoxication and resisting arrest Sunday in Coppell, Texas.
Police arrived for a welfare check on Brent after he was seen talking to himself in the grass outside a Wendy's. Brent became uncooperative when police tried to handcuff him and was ultimately tased in the restaurant parking lot. Substance abuse has been a struggle for Brent, who served a 180-day jail sentence after killing his former Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown in a drunk driving accident in 2012. Brent was put on probation for 10 years following that arrest and could be looking at another prison sentence after Sunday's slip-up.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving, Gregory, Josh Brent and Greg Hardy could have been a great DL. Maybe they will play together in the Texas penal league.

Former Cowboys DT Josh Brent was arrested on charges of public intoxication and resisting arrest Sunday in Coppell, Texas.
Police arrived for a welfare check on Brent after he was seen talking to himself in the grass outside a Wendy's. Brent became uncooperative when police tried to handcuff him and was ultimately tased in the restaurant parking lot. Substance abuse has been a struggle for Brent, who served a 180-day jail sentence after killing his former Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown in a drunk driving accident in 2012. Brent was put on probation for 10 years following that arrest and could be looking at another prison sentence after Sunday's slip-up.

Sad what these guys do with the ability to earn millions of dollars and yet they choose to screw it up.