• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Amerson getting no respect yet.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than from us who watch him, and have seen him develop into our best corner, very few fans from other teams seem to know he even exists. I am confident that will change soon.

Here is an example of a mock draft from Walter Football updated on 9/17/2014 (Two days ago).
"David Amerson hasn't shown much either." Well, walter football you might be eating those words soon.

2015 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who saw D. Hall fall for and nearly get burned on that double move against Jacksonville will note that there is reason to stay away from Amerson. Not that he (Amerson), is a world beater on that side, but because there are easier plays to be had against Hall.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who saw D. Hall fall for and nearly get burned on that double move against Jacksonville will note that there is reason to stay away from Amerson. Not that he (Amerson), is a world beater on that side, but because there are easier plays to be had against Hall.

So if very few balls are being thrown at DA and when they are, he is breaking them up or making the play, that does not show anything? He looks to me as if he is taking the next step and maturing right before our eyes. He has length, good instincts, and very good hands. Add to that, he is big (our biggest defensive back with Nacho man), fast and he can tackle. At some point he is going to start getting noticed here. In my humble opinion.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if very few balls are being thrown at DA and when they are, he is breaking them up or making the play, that does not show anything? He looks to me as if he is taking the next step and maturing right before our eyes. He has length, good instincts, and very good hands. Add to that, he is big (our biggest defensive back with Nacho man), fast and he can tackle. At some point he is going to start getting noticed here. In my humble opinion.

:agree:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No dude that is precisely not what I'm saying. At the pro level there is video everywhere, it is studied and analyzed to death. No one said that DA is not becoming the player that we all hoped for, what I am saying is that in film study when a weakness is exposed (Hall) teams are more likely to exploit that weakness to death. It gives the opposite side fewer opportunities to get exposed because of it and as a result when plays are made by the stronger side the IMPRESSION is that he is the better player. Much like Sherman in Seattle, there are teams that shy away from him, because it is easier to go at the other guy. So, in todays NFL where you literally have to allow the catch..... then we are surprised when our so called budding player is exploited, as Amerson will be..... just as Sherman was in San Diego? We want to have what was formerly allowed in the NFL, and currently a distinct memory. I think that you very well may be taken by his play so far, which is good, but the reasons that he is are more a function of teams going down the middle and to their right where our weaknesses are.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude that is precisely not what I'm saying. At the pro level there is video everywhere, it is studied and analyzed to death. No one said that DA is not becoming the player that we all hoped for, what I am saying is that in film study when a weakness is exposed (Hall) teams are more likely to exploit that weakness to death. It gives the opposite side fewer opportunities to get exposed because of it and as a result when plays are made by the stronger side the IMPRESSION is that he is the better player. Much like Sherman in Seattle, there are teams that shy away from him, because it is easier to go at the other guy. So, in todays NFL where you literally have to allow the catch..... then we are surprised when our so called budding player is exploited, as Amerson will be..... just as Sherman was in San Diego? We want to have what was formerly allowed in the NFL, and currently a distinct memory. I think that you very well may be taken by his play so far, which is good, but the reasons that he is are more a function of teams going down the middle and to their right where our weaknesses are.

When I saw your "Not that he (Amerson), is a world beater on that side" comment, I was a little confused. With fewer balls being thrown at him, with your own logic he should be getting more praise. The fact that Walter Football made almost an identical comment as you about Amerson, shows me that he is not getting the respect that he deserves. I believe he will very soon.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw your "Not that he (Amerson), is a world beater on that side" comment, I was a little confused. With fewer balls being thrown at him, with your own logic he should be getting more praise. The fact that Walter Football made almost an identical comment as you about Amerson, shows me that he is not getting the respect that he deserves. I believe he will very soon.

He just might earn that respect too.........but he has not done that yet. There is NO corner in the NFL that cannot be beaten and done so regularly, if you consider the current rules against real defensive football. I know that there is a lot of anxiety for those desiring a shut down corner. That time has passed in the NFL. NEVER gonna happen again!!! The best that you can hope for now days is a competent one, which is exactly what he seems to be at this point. BTW; it is NOT disrespectful to label a player exactly what he is. The worse thing that could happen to a NFL corner is to begin to see him as something more than he is, it unnecessarily puts a target on him.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson is good and has potential to be even better, but he hasn't done enough just yet to warrant praise from the medial He needs to make some game changing plays. I believe this will come. He seems to always be around the ball. Its only his second year we need to temper our expectations.

As for DHall, he is going to get burned on occasion. That is the nature of the way he aggressively plays his position. But he is also going to make some of those game changing plays we want Amerson to do. Overall, DHall is an above average CB and I'm glad he is a skin. I didn't always feel that way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far so good for amerson the longer the secret is kept the better

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Amerson is going to get better and better, imo. Last year, his rookie year was not that bad. I'd give him a C for last year. He played better than a lot of rookie CBs, last year, especially Dee Milliner, who was a 1st rounder. I have always like Amerson's skill set. I like his height, speed, and play-making ability. He has become a better tackler, as well. Two games in, he has not really given up any big plays. I will say that is a plus, so far.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he will get noticed with d hall out, hope he's ready

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked pretty average today if you ask me...

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked pretty average today if you ask me...

I thought he looked better than average. He showed some real physical play today.