• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daryl Washington suspended FOR THE YEAR

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot. We know he was one before, but this takes it to an entirely new level. After he beat up his ex (what a man), I was expecting 2-3 games but he's violated the drug policy again. No excuses.

That said, it appears to have been marijuana again. Even for this idiot, I do think the entire season is a bit harsh of a sentence. THis isn't a PED (quite the opposite). Some distinctions should be made.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this guy just doesn't get it. And yes the suspension is for marijuana.

This explains this the sudden talk of adding more depth at ILB even after having signed Foote last week. If the Cardinals knew about this before the draft, they did a piss poor job of filling an obvious need.

Daryl Washington apologizes for failing marijuana test
Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington is taking responsibility for his one-year suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, and is vowing to make things right.

In a statement through his agent (and the Cardinals official website), Washington admitted his latest ban was for testing positive for marijuana.

“The Policy is very strict, and I have chosen to take responsibility,” the statement said. “I am committed to making changes in my life that will allow me to return to the NFL as soon as possible. I will work extremely hard to stay in top football shape, and will work equally as hard to ensure that my life off of the field meets the high level of maturity and responsibility to which I am committed.

We will be lucky to even have top 10 defense now, let alone top 5. Unless the offense really takes a big step forward, which I think it can, we will be lucky to win 8-9 games.

Even though MJ is not addicting, it does tend to attract the dumbest of dumb people into using it.

“I sincerely apologize for the effect of my actions on my teammates, coaches and other colleagues at the Cardinals. I also apologize to Cardinals fans for the time I will miss. I will work diligently during this suspension and will return as a better man and football player.”

While we ponder whether Washington capitalized the P in “Policy” in his mind while he gave this heartfelt statement, it’s also worth pointing out he has future hurdles in front of him.

This suspension was wholly unrelated to the personal conduct policy, after he pleaded guilty to an assault charge following an incident with the mother of his child. That will have to be reviewed at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it's the rules but a year long suspension for mary jane is beyond ridiculous. When is our society going to advance past the stone age?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL rules on Marijuana are ridiculous but Washington knew the rules. When you get busted twice... then beat up a women, then again get caught testing + for marijuana there's something wrong. If you had over 10 million on the line and someone tells you that you can get busted for pot 2 times but if you do it a 3rd time you'll lose over $10,000,000 would you smoke a joint?

Hit this joint or pocket over 10 million? Easy choice for most of us. Sucks for the AZ fans cause he's a flat out SUPERSTAR!

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs get with the times and eliminate (or at least drastically reduce) the punishments for marijuana usage. A year long suspension for using the drug is absolutely ridiculous.

With that said, Washington is a moron. He knew the rules and still chose to make a selfish decision to smoke pot, again. The Cardinals need to cut ties with him. This type of idiocy should not be tolerated by the organization.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it's the rules but a year long suspension for mary jane is beyond ridiculous. When is our society going to advance past the stone age?

It has nothing to do with our society & it's standards. It has everything to do with people who are too dumb too follow the rules, even if by not following the rules, it costs you multiple millions of dollars. Who cares if the drug if MJ, if it had been non-authorized prescription drugs, the result would have been the same.

This is about people who are either too dumb to follow the rules or believe they are above the rules. It's as simple as that.

The NFL needs get with the times and eliminate (or at least drastically reduce) the punishments for marijuana usage. A year long suspension for using the drug is absolutely ridiculous.

With that said, Washington is a moron. He knew the rules and still chose to make a selfish decision to smoke pot, again. The Cardinals need to cut ties with him. This type of idiocy should not be tolerated by the organization.

No, this is stupid. Penalties should be stiffened, not reduced. This goes for all unauthorized drug usage.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CUT the nincompoop ! He is not going to stop using. Next time will cause him to be permanently banned from the NFL, and, believe me, there WILL be a "next time".

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucks and inhales.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remove marijuana from the drugs that you test for. Test for all the other stuff.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remove marijuana from the drugs that you test for. Test for all the other stuff.

That makes zero sense. Lets just not test for any drugs then. Everyone can play football while on speed & painkillers. Sounds like such a good idea. There are plenty of legal drugs that ordinary everyday people can take, be tested for & lose your job over if it is found to be in your system, including alcohol.

Instead of making excuses for dumbasses, hold these bitches accountable.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THC doesn't help your football game... Not sure why the league is so dam strict on pot smokers... Alcohol is more dangerous than pot honestly... I know rules are rules ... BUT rules can be changed... NFL needs to chill out ..

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THC doesn't help your football game... Not sure why the league is so dam strict on pot smokers... Alcohol is more dangerous than pot honestly... I know rules are rules ... BUT rules can be changed... NFL needs to chill out ..

There are plenty of unauthorized legal drugs that are not dangerous or don't help with on field performance. What makes MJ so special that it needs it's own rules? You are professional, act like it. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. If you can't keep yourself from using MJ for 3-12 years of your life so that you can make tens of millions of dollars, you have a problem & shouldn't be in the NFL.

Stop making excuses.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to cut him. They haven't yet so they can try to recoup some of his unearned bonus money (hope they get every cent). Never want to see him in a Cards uniform again.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they tested the Seahawks offensive line for marijuana they would lose almost everybody on it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they tested the Seahawks offensive line for marijuana they would lose almost everybody on it.

Lol... Well it is legal in Seattle now ... You can buy it openly at stores now..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of unauthorized legal drugs that are not dangerous or don't help with on field performance. What makes MJ so special that it needs it's own rules? You are professional, act like it. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. If you can't keep yourself from using MJ for 3-12 years of your life so that you can make tens of millions of dollars, you have a problem & shouldn't be in the NFL.

Stop making excuses.

Pot to me is like alcohol ... Why doesn't the league ban players for alcohol ? It's pretty simple to just change the rule on THC ... I'm not making excuses for dumb decisions, if it's the rule then a player should take responsibility and follow it, I'm just saying Pot is not a big deal, and it's not performance enhancing... It's also safer than alcohol.... So why can't the NFL take it off the list... Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna take a hit off this doobie....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice knocks out his lady and gets 2 games. I'd compare it to D-Wash getting all this time for weed, but he also had his own DV incident. Bad example.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one don't wish for them to cut DW. Hitting a woman is never acceptable. But Ialso know a woman knows how to push a guys buttons.