• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dareus got Suh mony

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions and Bills were 1 and 2 vs the run in 2014. That's why Suh and Dareus got paid. That kind of production is what teams dream of. It's priceless.

Yeah -- let's count the playoff wins in the careers of Marcel Dareus, Ndamakung Suh, Geno Atkins, Gerald McCoy and I guess now, Aaron Donald. I'm guessing that is the top 5 4-3 DT's.

There is a reason you don't see the top tier teams shelling out money on DT's like that. As much as I loved watching Suh. I will love watching him much more playing on Miami for that amount of money, because it means Detroit isn't getting bent over.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that. A whole 3.5 more a year, whoopee. That's nothing. Any thoughts on Dareus getting 42 million up front to Suh's 25?
$3.6 million more per season on a single player is a lot. But you know that, so stop pretending to be naive to suite your own argument. Over the course of three seasons Suh will make over $10 million more than Dareus. That's hardly an insignificant amount.

The guarantees on those two deals don't mean much, as both players are likely to see years beyond the guarantees anyhow, so it's just for show. They'll both get their guaranteed money and then some.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure we're paying Ngata $8.5 million this year, as the Ravens had to absorb the prorated bonus that was giving them such a high cap number on him.

This is correct. Suh actually will cost more against the cap this year for the Lions than Ngata, as if I'm not mistaken, we still have 9 million of dead money against the cap on Suh.

I think my favorite part of Suh's deal with Miami is -- once they have to upgrade the talent around him on the defensive side of the ball -- restructuring that absurd contract is what Miami will have to do and they will end up in the same boat as the Lions in cap hell.

I'm willing to wager it starts next year when they restructure his deal for the 1st time, unless they are going to cut a bunch of players, as his cap hit goes from 6 million in 2015 to almost 29 million in 2016.:nod:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins swept the Bills last year. Bills hoping they can change that this year.
Better take that trophy away from the Pats then and give to the grey fish... sweeping the Bills is a much bigger accomplishment than winning the Super Bowl. Or making the playoffs. Or having a winning record.

I can see why you're so excited now, though, fucking swept the mighty Buffalo Bills!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not today, trailer park. Go bitch out your wife if you need to vent that anger.

See ya. :D
Again, a chicken-shit deflection from you as you're continuing to get owned. I called out your antics perfectly on that one, and how did you respond? By doing exactly what I'd just exposed you of.

The trailer park comment is just sad, but that's what's to be expected out of somebody with the emotional maturity of a 7th grader. The truth is that comment, in all likelihood, hits far closer to home for you than it does for me, judging by the way you act and how you conduct yourself. You clearly didn't have much of a civilized upbringing.

And I don't know about you, but I don't take my frustrations from an internet message board out on my wife. Maybe it's harder for you not do do that with all those anger issues you have? You should look into counseling or maybe therapy; there's better ways of taking out your anger than bitching out your wife...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- let's count the playoff wins in the careers of Marcel Dareus, Ndamakung Suh, Geno Atkins, Gerald McCoy and I guess now, Aaron Donald. I'm guessing that is the top 5 4-3 DT's.

There is a reason you don't see the top tier teams shelling out money on DT's like that. As much as I loved watching Suh. I will love watching him much more playing on Miami for that amount of money, because it means Detroit isn't getting bent over.
That's a great observation as to the overall importance of having an elite DT as it relates to winning games in January. Interesting stuff to ponder... while I'm sure having an elite DT can't hurt, clearly it's also not very important in the overall scheme of things.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. Suh actually will cost more against the cap this year for the Lions than Ngata, as if I'm not mistaken, we still have 9 million of dead money against the cap on Suh.

I think my favorite part of Suh's deal with Miami is -- once they have to upgrade the talent around him on the defensive side of the ball -- restructuring that absurd contract is what Miami will have to do and they will end up in the same boat as the Lions in cap hell.

I'm willing to wager it starts next year when they restructure his deal for the 1st time, unless they are going to cut a bunch of players, as his cap hit goes from 6 million in 2015 to almost 29 million in 2016.:nod:
Daaaaayum! That's like Rodgers and Brady and Brees and Manning money. You know- "QBs who have all won a Super Bowl" kind of money.

I wish we were as smart as they are down there...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You already suckered yourself into one bet you're gonna lose. Last time Ngata even practiced was sometime in November of last year.

You're as emotional as TP, hoping so bad to see Suh and Miami fail. Dude is so far in your heads it's not even fun anymore.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I loved watching Suh. I will love watching him much more playing on Miami for that amount of money, because it means Detroit isn't getting bent over.

HA! Detroit doesn't need anyone but themselves to bend them over. You picked them to go 9-7, so stop the charade. You can't put a price on winning, and the Lions will only be worse without Suh.

You act like the Lions can replace him with the money they saved. They haven't, and won't. Ngata can't even get off ass to practice lol No juice, no Ngata.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already suckered yourself into one bet you're gonna lose. Last time Ngata even practiced was sometime in November of last year.

You're as emotional as TP, hoping so bad to see Suh and Miami fail. Dude is so far in your heads it's not even fun anymore.
You're fucking kidding, right?

I mean, fuck, you're the dude who masturbates to the life-sized Suh Fathead you put up in the shower for fuckssakes. If Suh has invaded anyone's head, it would definitely be yours. You're obsessed with the dude. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that he had to get a restraining order to keep you at least 500 feet from his person at all times.

You have turned into the king of the pot calling the kettle black with this one...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! Detroit doesn't need anyone but themselves to bend them over. You picked them to go 9-7, so stop the charade. You can't put a price on winning, and the Lions will only be worse without Suh.

You act like the Lions can replace him with the money they saved. They haven't, and won't. Ngata can't even get off ass to practice lol No juice, no Ngata.
Stop being a dumb-fucking-wrong broken record. Ngata is playing Sunday, and you're still carrying on about his practice habits as if we're all being hoodwinked by trading for some guy who is perpetually hurt.

I get that you're only of average intelligence, at best, but stop treating the rest of us like we're stupid and can't see right through your sophomoric bullshit.

Suh left, willingly, to chase money. You can't change that by being a huge asshole, no matter how hard you try. Also, it was Suh's fault he left, not anyone's fault on this board. Maybe if you dug deep and dealt with the source of all your anger you wouldn't feel so compelled to have to try to feel hated by others?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna grow up, cuz Im a ToyRus kid, there's a million toys at ToysRus that I can play with.

I don't wanna grow up, but if I did, I'd always be a ToysRus kid.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fucking kidding, right?

I mean, fuck, you're the dude who masturbates to the life-sized Suh Fathead you put up in the shower for fuckssakes. If Suh has invaded anyone's head, it would definitely be yours. You're obsessed with the dude. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that he had to get a restraining order to keep you at least 500 feet from his person at all times.

You have turned into the king of the pot calling the kettle black with this one...
Did you give Tom your password or sumthing?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What charade? If Detroit HAD Suh, I would still pick them to go 9-7. Detroit's schedule is what's tough. Their OOC teams are ridiculous -- facing Denver, Kansas City, Seattle, San Diego, etc. It has nothing to do with Suh leaving, as I still say, Ngata will eat the same double teams and is better against the run.

You continue to talk about not being able to put a price on winning and if you want to win, you stop the run, blah, blah, blah. What did Suh win for the Lions? Detroit was 38-42 with Suh on the team. You put him on such a pedestal, that you'd think he single handedly carried the Lions to the brink of a SB win. Fact is -- we never won the division. We never won a playoff game. And we only had 2 winning seasons with him on the squad and one of those two had absolutely nothing to do with the defense (See forcing zero punts against NO in the playoffs).

He is a great player, but no defensive tackle in a 4-3 deserves the amount of money he is getting paid, IMO. When I see one of the upper echelon franchises who consistently win drop that kind of coin on a DT -- I will listen to arguments otherwise. You won't see that though.

For whatever reason, you seem to think I am taking a shot at Suh. I completely respect the fact he went to the highest bidder. If I had the choice, I'd do the same.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually -- I don't really care what Suh and Miami will do. And honestly -- I think Miami will have a better record than Detroit this year, because their schedule is light years easier. Do I think Miami is a better team? No. Do I think they are in trouble next year when he has a 29 million cap hit and they will have to restructure the deal? Yes.

As far as the bet -- even with an easier schedule and not facing anywhere near the caliber of RB's the Lions do, Detroit will still finish with a better rush defense. What you don't seem to understand is -- one defensive tackle doesn't change the complexion of a teams rush defense. If that were the case -- Detroit would have been at the top of the league every year with Suh, instead of mediocre for 4 years, and then unreal for 1. The talent surrounding Suh and the scheme is what made the Lions so good last year. Everyone understanding what was required of them and doing their job.