• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daredevil (TV series)

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the first episode today. Good stuff… looking forward to watching the remaining episodes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel has already announced the movie tho
Have they? I missed that. All I have heard was that there was going to be a cameo in at least one of the upcoming movies.

I think the character is spent right now for movies. 2 "meh" franchises in 15 years is VERY over-saturation.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they? I missed that. All I have heard was that there was going to be a cameo in at least one of the upcoming movies.

I think the character is spent right now for movies. 2 "meh" franchises in 15 years is VERY over-saturation.

They have it slotted for 2017.. and promised an actual teenage peter parker and no origin.. pushed their other projects (Black Panther, etc.) back

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially since this second spidey franchise set up a huge storyline and now they are just starting over again lol

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first two episodes of the show last night and don't think I'll be watching anymore. First, his partner is a dweeb. 2nd, I can't get into the whole blind thing.

If you can convince me to give it more of a chance please do but I'm just not interested in a blind crime fighter.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first two episodes of the show last night and don't think I'll be watching anymore. First, his partner is a dweeb. 2nd, I can't get into the whole blind thing.

If you can convince me to give it more of a chance please do but I'm just not interested in a blind crime fighter.
If you dont like the comic book concept, than why bother?

Also, if the RAVING reviews in this thread are not enough to convince you, I dont think any more comments will.

Nothing is for everybody... :noidea:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you dont like the comic book concept, than why bother?

Also, if the RAVING reviews in this thread are not enough to convince you, I dont think any more comments will.

Nothing is for everybody... :noidea:

I'll add another RAVING review to that list. Going to binge watch it at some point this weekend, I'm a couple episodes in and the writing, acting and action are all extremely well-done. I was turned off at first because that Ben Affleck movie left a bad taste in my mouth but this series is downright awesome. Recommend it to anyone who likes deep dialogue and nicely choreographed fight scenes (same stunt man that did the Captain America fight scenes).

The guy who plays Kingpin is fantastic as well.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spectacular show, imo

origin story told for adults

much less axe body spray feel like the avengers movies, thank goodness

Last edited:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

k

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just finished the first season. Overall really, really good. Episode 12 fell pretty flat and didn't make much sense IMO but the finale got it back on track.

Only major complaint would be I'm not really digging how they did Kingpin. His character is supposed to be feared not only for being gigantic but also for being extremely intelligent. What we have on the show is a sort of bipolar hot-headed fat guy of slightly above average stature. I mean shit Kingpin from the comics can go head to head with Captain America in hand to hand combat. If I didn't know any better I would have assumed that Netflix Fisk was some billionaire's retarded son. The most intimidating things he does all season are beat up a couple old guys and sucker punch a few other dudes.

I was almost hoping they'd kill him off so we could get a different villain in there next season. Still looks like we'll get a new one but I really hope they either don't focus on Kingpin that much or at least try to make him more believable if they do.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should give it more of a chance, but I can't convince you unless you watch it. His friend is a dweeb, but it plays into the story line later on.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should give it more of a chance, but I can't convince you unless you watch it. His friend is a dweeb, but it plays into the story line later on.
Once i get caught up on game of thrones and justified ill give it another go

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just finished the first season. Overall really, really good. Episode 12 fell pretty flat and didn't make much sense IMO but the finale got it back on track.

Only major complaint would be I'm not really digging how they did Kingpin. His character is supposed to be feared not only for being gigantic but also for being extremely intelligent. What we have on the show is a sort of bipolar hot-headed fat guy of slightly above average stature. I mean shit Kingpin from the comics can go head to head with Captain America in hand to hand combat. If I didn't know any better I would have assumed that Netflix Fisk was some billionaire's retarded son. The most intimidating things he does all season are beat up a couple old guys and sucker punch a few other dudes.

I was almost hoping they'd kill him off so we could get a different villain in there next season. Still looks like we'll get a new one but I really hope they either don't focus on Kingpin that much or at least try to make him more believable if they do.

I think we are getting Elektra forsure next season and maybe even Punisher or Bullseye as well.

Kingpin might stay in jail for a lot of S2

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was kind of like an origin story for Kingpin, he's not "the Kingpin" just yet. He started making that transformation when he started killing off all his business partners.

It's similar to Daredevil's suit being unfinished. They are both on the road to becoming what we all recognize them as.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's awesome or sad that I instantly recognized Foggy Nelson as Fulton Reed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's awesome or sad that I instantly recognized Foggy Nelson as Fulton Reed.
I had no idea what you were talking about...

After looking it up, I threw out my shoulder patting myself on the back for not knowing, and strained my neck shaking my head at you.

I will be sending you the chiropractor bill.