• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TV Throwdown: Friends vs Seinfeld

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kramer and George in particular, do a complete 180 in personality from season 1. Elaine changes herself, Jerry a little.

Does George still have that whiny annoying voice with that two year old act......??
Does Elaine still have boring personality......??
Jerry still have the nothing about me is funny.....??

Abuddy of mine told me to watch the episode with the soup nazi(am I correct),into which I did,didnt care for it.

Kramer is hit tho.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a shame at all. It's by design. B/c the characters didn't grow from their experiences (although all but Jerry did change a little, particularly after the first season), the characters remained the same, but their situations kept changing, thereby allowing a viewer to pick the show up at just about any time and still "get it." If the characters actually learned and grew from their experiences, the show would've probably only lasted half as long (which would've been a great shame).
Yes I get it. I was just making a joke. "That's a shame", is a line Jerry used throughout the series that kind of illustrated that he never really grew or had any empathy for other people.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is life, you have to know people that never learn from their mistakes and repeat the same nonsense over and over. Girls that complain they can't find a good guy, because they ignore all good guys and date the same type of guy.
no doubt.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never watched an actual episode of either show.

My only working knowledge of either show is .....

Seinfeld Soup GIF
That's the difference between Seinfeld and Friends. Seinfeld became a part of the popular culture with shows like that.

Both great show but Seinfeld was better because of that.

Not that's anything wrong with that!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the difference between Seinfeld and Friends. Seinfeld became a part of the popular culture with shows like that.

Both great show but Seinfeld was better because of that.

Not that's anything wrong with that!
“Yadda Yadda Yadda” alone makes Seinfeld one of the most culturally influential shows of all time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite episode is the contest . 1st time I ever saw a funny comedy tv segment on masturbation.

"I'm Out!" :D
Not sure how “culturally influential” that episode was, seeing as it was banned for years after its first run. No one saw it except those who saw it on first run, and those who actually went out of their way to seek it out.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how “culturally influential” that episode was, seeing as it was banned for years after its first run. No one saw it except those who saw it on first run, and those who actually went out of their way to seek it out.
I don't know if it's gone since I haven't watched Seinfeld in quite a while. It's still mentioned a good deal when citing great episodes... :)

I do remember that there was an article about 1 guy who got into sexual harassment issues because he talked about it at work and someone complained... lol

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friends was great in the moment when those episodes aired.
I don't think it has aged well.

Seinfeld's longevity and connection to Curb probably puts it right up there as one the best shows ever, if not the best.
I still laugh out loud when I see Seinfeld late night on TV land.remarkably funny still after all these years.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does George still have that whiny annoying voice with that two year old act......??
Does Elaine still have boring personality......??
Jerry still have the nothing about me is funny.....??

Abuddy of mine told me to watch the episode with the soup nazi(am I correct),into which I did,didnt care for it.

Kramer is hit tho.
nobody goes through a door or enters a room like Kramer.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite episode is the contest . 1st time I ever saw a funny comedy tv segment on masturbation.

"I'm Out!" :D
My favorite episode was the Opposite, things go bad Elaine and things ho great for George.

"I'm unlike any guy you ever met"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, in your opinion, is the better show? Is it Friends or is it Seinfeld? Is it both? Do you hate both shows with such a passion that you'd rather watch The Voice on repeat?
Both were great - For their time - but Seinfeld was definitely better.

I can watch about 10 seconds of a friends rerun, but I can watch most of a Seinfeld rerun.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I feel the obvious show to compare Friends to is Taxi.

Judd Hirsch = David Schwimmer
Marilu Henner = Jennifer Aniston
Jeff Conaway = Matt Leblanc (they're even both actors on the show)
Lisa Kudrow = Christopher Lloyd

Ok. So maybe thats not fair to Lisa Kudrow but she is one of the weaker characters in these types of sitcoms. Even if you think about Woody in Cheers she is just not that great. Coach in Cheers. Andy Kaufman in Taxi. Smelly cat? Eh.

But more importantly, could David Schwimmer BE any more annoying? Band of Brothers got it right. David Schimmer is an obstacle your show needs to overcome.

When comparing to Taxi you also have Matthew Perry in the Toni Danza slot. Honestly think Friends probably wins that one. Then you have Courtney Cox and Danny DeVito left over and thats probably not fair to Courtney Cox they're not really doing the same things.

tl;dr Taxi is the better show
Besides the obvious - Marilu Henner - Taxi sucked.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I feel the obvious show to compare Friends to is Taxi.

Judd Hirsch = David Schwimmer
Marilu Henner = Jennifer Aniston
Jeff Conaway = Matt Leblanc (they're even both actors on the show)
Lisa Kudrow = Christopher Lloyd

Ok. So maybe thats not fair to Lisa Kudrow but she is one of the weaker characters in these types of sitcoms. Even if you think about Woody in Cheers she is just not that great. Coach in Cheers. Andy Kaufman in Taxi. Smelly cat? Eh.

But more importantly, could David Schwimmer BE any more annoying? Band of Brothers got it right. David Schimmer is an obstacle your show needs to overcome.

When comparing to Taxi you also have Matthew Perry in the Toni Danza slot. Honestly think Friends probably wins that one. Then you have Courtney Cox and Danny DeVito left over and thats probably not fair to Courtney Cox they're not really doing the same things.

tl;dr Taxi is the better show
The episode where Jim (Lloyd) takes his driving test is hilarious.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s his one fucking trick.

There were some great bits that he played a part in, but the fact he was so unlike a real human being made him the weak link to me.

He was a clown and I mean that in the literal sense... and I've just never cared for clowns.