• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniel Briere appreciation thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it is official

BRIERE BUYOUT

Daniel Briere will be an unrestricted free agent soon, with the Philadelphia Flyers deciding to buy him out.

A source told ESPN.com that Briere and Paul Holmgren met last week, at which time the Flyers' GM informed the veteran center of the team’s decision. No bitter feelings, though, as I’m told Briere feels Holmgren handled it with class.

The buyout will wipe out Briere’s $6.5 million cap hit for the next two seasons.

What remains to be seen is whether the Flyers will buy out goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, a decision that has been met with mixed opinions within the Flyers front office.

The decision is whether to do it now or wait one more year, when they can still get a cap-friendly buyout.

Perhaps what might push the Flyers into buying out Bryz now is the availability of young netminder Jonathan Bernier from the Los Angeles Kings.

My TSN colleague, Bob McKenzie, reported during our Insider Trading segment Tuesday night that the Flyers, Maple Leafs and Islanders were among the most interested teams that coveted Bernier.

One source told ESPN.com Tuesday that there are five teams now with serious interest in Bernier, the list cut down from the nearly dozen clubs that poked around about him.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Im going to miss this guy. I understand why but it hurts.
So many huge fucking goals for this team over the last few years.
He had a big ticket but I feel he earned it

I just hope we wont regret this if we cant score in the playoffs

Add your memories

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye bye Briere and thanks for the memories. I will admit that I was not the biggest Briere fan. However I will always appreciate for what he did on the ice, and more importantly, what he did for the community. Living in the Buffalo area, many rumors are floating around that he may come back
and finish off as a Sabre. Either way, Briere will go down as one of the most clutch players in playoff history. I think this is the proper thing for Homer to do. It's a business and you have to do what's best for your team. Now it's time to move on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable playoff talent and you will be missed! Long live 48!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a part of me still is holding out hope that this isn't true and that we find a way to manage the cap without losing danny.. but i know its inevitable..

god damn i'm going to miss 48. to me, my ultimate memory of danny will be the 2010 playoff run.
he was a class act through and through, and proved it when he took G and couts in his house to live there when they were starting out in the league.

i'll also miss danny's great postgame interviews, he always handled the idiots of the media with such patience and class and always took the time to give a well thought out and intelligent answer.

really hope he only signs a 1 year deal with someone else and we can bring him back the following season. its not the playoffs without danny.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely going to miss briere.. class guy and a clutch performer.. more often than not, over the past 5 years or so, any time the flyers really needed a goal, it was briere who scored it.. he will definitely be missed

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys said it all it makes sense but I'm not happy to see him go...wish you the best of luck DB!!!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind him one bit on a 1 to 2 year deal. I just don't know if Wang will pay him what it might take to sign him.

You'll love him come playoff time. Keep his ass healthy and he will get you over the hump. I miss him already.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind him one bit on a 1 to 2 year deal. I just don't know if Wang will pay him what it might take to sign him.

To be honest DB, I don't think Briere is so much about the money. He's getting up there in age and I honestly think he just wants to keep his kids in the same area. The Isles and Devs make a lot of sense. If NJ or the Rags have no interest, I bet you can get a bargain for Briere.