• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damar hamlin comeback?

Good move or Stupid

• Good

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Grab a brain dumbass

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shootin' ( ask I'll, q or turkey)

I understand this whole "rise above you condition or Diverseabilites" creedo and more power to you....

But their is sometimes YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND NOT YOUR HEART. I pray that he is not this stupid.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should do whatever his heart tells him to with the rest of his life.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously, if I was him I'd call it a day.......assuming I was getting some sort of multi multi million dollar payout. His rookie deal is less than 4 milly which is not enough to last the rest of the way at his age without some seriously solid investment moves. If no payout then I'd roll the dice and keep playing for my second contract.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years ago I would have agreed with this. If Christian Eriksen can make it back in soccer then maybe someone can make it back in the NFL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall him having a pre-existing risk factor per se and he seems to have escaped long term damage. Could've happened to any player.

Hamlin was extremely unlucky.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the people who were saying we should listen to the medical professionals on Damar Hamlin’s prognosis are now skipping the medical professionals opinion on if Hamlin can return. Let Hamlin do what he wants. If the injury was really what they said it was, it was a once in a trillion type play that has no real increased chance of suffering the same injury. If Chris Pronger returned from that injury, so can Hamlin.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been calling to you…

For real though. This young man should do wonderful things with however many days he has left on Earth. If that means playing football, good for him. I’m not sure I’ve seen America rally behind a single person like that since Baby Jessica fell down the well.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a medical scare like that I talk to the Doctors and get the expert medical advice on any possible consequence. Have a long talk with my family. Then do some serious thinking about whether playing football is worth “X” risk factor the Doctors may have informed me about.
I would support the young man either way but if he was my son I would tell him to walk away with his health and follow another path to make a living. Sometimes getting back up on the horse that threw you is one the best of decisions to make and sometimes it is just simply the right time to walk away. If your really lucky life will let you make Big mistakes once even if you did not know it was a mistake and let you recover but if it happens again from your actions then it is a conscience choice not mistake.

As the old Kung Fu master used to say “ Choose wisely Grasshopper Choose wisely”

Good luck Damar I will be rooting for you

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall him having a pre-existing risk factor per se and he seems to have escaped long term damage. Could've happened to any player.

Hamlin was extremely unlucky.

This.

There likely is no bigger risk to Hamlin having another instance like this than there is to any other player (at least that has been reported....his doctors could be telling him something that he isnt sharing with the public).

It is like a person who got struck by lightening never going outside when it gets cloudy. The only difference is that in this case if Hamlin goes outside when it is cloudy, he gets to collect a huge bag of money.

People need to realize that Hamlin's recovery when he was in a coma had NOTHING to do with his heart. It was from the oxygen he was given during his resuscitation.

Medical science right now is BARELY a step past leeches and blood lettings. Its not nearly as advanced as most people think. In this case as in most cases, the cures that we have for something can and often times are just as deadly as the problem we are trying to treat. And in this case the oxygen they gave him to try to keep enough in his system when his heart wasnt pumping damaged his lungs and that was the reason he was in the coma afterwards. That coma and the recovery time afterwards had nothing to do with his heart.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

There likely is no bigger risk to Hamlin having another instance like this than there is to any other player (at least that has been reported....his doctors could be telling him something that he isnt sharing with the public).

It is like a person who got struck by lightening never going outside when it gets cloudy. The only difference is that in this case if Hamlin goes outside when it is cloudy, he gets to collect a huge bag of money.

People need to realize that Hamlin's recovery when he was in a coma had NOTHING to do with his heart. It was from the oxygen he was given during his resuscitation.

Medical science right now is BARELY a step past leeches and blood lettings. Its not nearly as advanced as most people think. In this case as in most cases, the cures that we have for something can and often times are just as deadly as the problem we are trying to treat. And in this case the oxygen they gave him to try to keep enough in his system when his heart wasnt pumping damaged his lungs and that was the reason he was in the coma afterwards. That coma and the recovery time afterwards had nothing to do with his heart.
Wait, so you're saying he Wasn't killed by the vaccine and replaced by a clone?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, he's going to come back after that? Is he nuts!? It didn't even appear he was hit that hard on the field. I know a lot of you are saying his heart checked out fine, but there's players (and just regular people) who have been hit like that and NEVER reacted even close to that. Seems largely irresponsible or just doesn't care.

End of day, I guess enjoy loving what you do and making millions... but also I would urge everyone else to take the stance:

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't advise Hamlin to play but I'm not a doctor. Coaching/scouting would be his best option.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a Doc clears him I guess but if it happens again he may not wake up fluke or not.

You could say that about any player on the field that gets hit in the chest at just the wrong time. His injury was a fluke occurence.