• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DAM

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I'm sure zeke doesn't think that!

It's kind of a helpless situation. And you know the dude had to have felt terrible considering the possibilities going through his mind at the time.

You know, Sam was kind of posed in his follow through before taking the hit. It wasn't like he couldn't have moved a bit to his right after the throw to avoid contact. I gotta believe he saw the dude coming in as his throw was to the left side of the field.

Feeling where the pressure was coming from and getting out of harms way was never Sam's strong suit.

Pick him up and help him like most o-line due in that case. I cant find the video, but I'm still looking. I was able to watch the game last night. Jake Long got SMOKED on that play! If you cant see that, then I dont know what game you were watching. He also had 2 penalties on that drive; illegal hands to the face/ false start. This was our very 1st drive. Yah...you are right about his first return from injury, but IMO he sucked all last year.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick him up and help him like most o-line due in that case. I cant find the video, but I'm still looking. I was able to watch the game last night. Jake Long got SMOKED on that play! If you cant see that, then I dont know what game you were watching. He also had 2 penalties on that drive; illegal hands to the face/ false start. This was our very 1st drive. Yah...you are right about his first return from injury, but IMO he sucked all last year.

Agreed he got smoked in that game. It's to be expected. He came off an ACL tear late in the season, he's going to be rusty. If you want to blame anyone blame Fisher for putting him in in the 3rd preseason game when 1st teamers are actually playing hard. Fisher should have put him in with the 2's and 3's to knock the rust off.

And Long sucked last year? And you're giving others a hard time about not paying attention?

You realize Long was ranked top 5 LT's in the league last year? Per Pro football focus.
Sure he had some whiffs last year but he was pretty damn solid. You can't deny that no matter how mad you are at him atm.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People.. even if Jake Long plays or Bradford plays and both are healthy or rusty, if that's the hit that it took for Bradford to be knocked out again.. He wasn't going to last long regardless of Jake Long's play. Jake Long isn't the same pro bowler as we know him as either. He's aged and I hope he can improve and IF he does, I HOPE he can stay healthy too.

I still don't understand why this FO falls in love with former pro bowlers on the decline of their career. Wouldn't you all rather have a 26-27 year old that's getting better? Hell he'd be cheaper that's for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People.. even if Jake Long plays or Bradford plays and both are healthy or rusty, if that's the hit that it took for Bradford to be knocked out again.. He wasn't going to last long regardless of Jake Long's play. Jake Long isn't the same pro bowler as we know him as either. He's aged and I hope he can improve and IF he does, I HOPE he can stay healthy too.

I still don't understand why this FO falls in love with former pro bowlers on the decline of their career. Wouldn't you all rather have a 26-27 year old that's getting better? Hell he'd be cheaper that's for sure.

To be fair, they did just basically draft his replacement this year, so maybe they have seen the signs of slippage in Long as well.

I agree with the injury though; that didn't look like enough to tear an acl. It looked like a minor overextension and he had a brace on the knee (although, not a big bulky one). Either that ACL was really weak, or he had already injured it before, either in practice or the last preseason game, and it was ready to pop.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed he got smoked in that game. It's to be expected. He came off an ACL tear late in the season, he's going to be rusty. If you want to blame anyone blame Fisher for putting him in in the 3rd preseason game when 1st teamers are actually playing hard. Fisher should have put him in with the 2's and 3's to knock the rust off.

And Long sucked last year? And you're giving others a hard time about not paying attention?

You realize Long was ranked top 5 LT's in the league last year? Per Pro football focus.
Sure he had some whiffs last year but he was pretty damn solid. You can't deny that no matter how mad you are at him atm.

Come on Jacob, :L he got smoked a lot early on last season too. aka: cowboy game
Top 5?? are you referring to his days as a Dolphin(2008-2010)?? If so then I agree. Last year he was rated 23rd according to this 2013 article from the Bleacher Report....This article has Saffold rated higher. I don't know what you're smoking!!

B/R NFL 1000: Top 35 Left Tackles | Bleacher Report

Long isn’t the elite tackle that he once was and only time will tell if he will be able to return to that level. Even though his skills aren’t what they once were he is still solid, and he's young enough that plenty of teams in the league would be content to have him as their left tackle

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not only did they fall in love with him, they paid him 10 mill a season to boot. 2 of my buddies are Dolphin fans and they were glad to see him go and at the time they laughed at the amount of $$ that we signed him for. It was pretty obvious to them that he was on the decline at the time.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say SMOKED and I say beat.

I think we are saying the same thing but he just didn't stand there after he got beat by the terrific hand sweep. He layed out and nearly wiffed on the block. I call that rust...

I agree with shopson(?) that putting him in there with the 2nds and 3rds to mark off the rust unless we lost Long in the preseason playing against the 2's and 3's!

not only did they fall in love with him, they paid him 10 mill a season to boot. 2 of my buddies are Dolphin fans and they were glad to see him go and at the time they laughed at the amount of $$ that we signed him for. It was pretty obvious to them that he was on the decline at the time.
Well, it looks like they have a plan in place and it will save them $$ with a 5 year deal we should get with Greg.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Robinson learns to pass block. :)

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definition of SMOKED is getting beat badly! As he did many times last season! Just watch him and see, his play did improve towards the latter part of the 2013 season(before his injury) . There is no way he was the 5th best LT in football like Jacob claims. ....LOL.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Robinson learns to pass block. :)

he will, just give him some time. He was a red shirt sophomore coming out last year. The kids got attitude and a mean streak. He will probably get beat badly a few times this year as rookies usually do, but the important part is that he learns from his mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised if Jake Long gets hurt again and Robinson is plugged into LT early on this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me Zeke that J. Long is in that window where the injuries start consuming the majority of his time as an active player and his level of play begins to become problematic. I think you may be right that we will see Robinson in that left tackle spot sooner rather than later.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me Zeke that J. Long is in that window where the injuries start consuming the majority of his time as an active player and his level of play begins to become problematic. I think you may be right that we will see Robinson in that left tackle spot sooner rather than later.

in his career, in 2011 Jake Long has had back problems, then he tore right bicep and placed on IR in 2011 and last years torn ACL/MCL. All of these types of injuries affect a lineman play. Last year he struggled through week 6 and then his play got better after that. After reading this article, I agree with Jacob that coach Fisher was pretty crazy for putting Long into the game this soon.

According to Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com, Jake Long still isn't capable of going all-out in practice recovering from a torn ACL that ended his 2013 season in Week 16, but his rehab is right on schedule.
Thursday's practice didn't appear to offer any setbacks as Long did some work in individual drills, something he's been doing consistently in camp, and then took a handful of reps during 11-on-11. By no means is Long all the way back and there's still plenty of work to do, but if nothing else, Fisher was pleased to see his left tackle back in action, especially with center Scott Wells also taking a few reps.
Wagoner quoted Long as saying that he's still not where he needs to be but is getting stronger each day.
"I'm feeling great," Long told Wagoner. "Every day I am progressing and feeling better. I finally got some live reps today and it felt great. I'm really happy with how the first day of live stuff went."
Rams coach Jeff Fisher is also spot to Wagoner, saying that it's "encouraging" to see Long back in the huddle and on the field doing some drills.
While there is no definitive timetable for Long to play in games, Wagoner noted it wasn't out of the question for the 29-year-old to participate in the preseason later on.
A four-time Pro Bowler and 2010 All-Pro with Miami, Long hasn't been the rock of stability up front since being traded to St. Louis. He's been banged up the last three years, missing a total of seven games.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definition of SMOKED is getting beat badly! As he did many times last season! Just watch him and see, his play did improve towards the latter part of the 2013 season(before his injury) . There is no way he was the 5th best LT in football like Jacob claims. ....LOL.
Yeah zeke I agree, however you want to put it, IMO we're saying the same thing.

As for the rest of your comment here, that's between you and jacobarch.