• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalton's decision making ability

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dalton impressed me with his ability to scan the field and check down to the right man, the seam route to Simpson for about 80yards was just him checking down his receivers another great play by him, he made so many good decisions that is what is so promising, the NFL is about defenses trying to confuse and make the QB throw the ball where he shouldnt and the kid is playing chess out there where our QB last year wasnt in the same league with his decision making. I watch NFL matchup every week and you need a QB who can pick thru all the schemes and its refreshing that the Bengals have one.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree -- he's smarter than Palmer ever was.....Palmer never had as good a game in his rookie year as Dalton had yesterday....and that was after sitting out a season and learning on the sidelines.....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o snap, you used the P word... delete it before flaming sees it.

HURRY!

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm highly impressed with Dalton's ability to make the right read. I think Marvin and co need to trust him earlier in the game.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. You can only go as far as your QB will take you in this league. Time to let Dalton take charge of the offense. It's not like we have much to lose if he fails. I'm tired of watching us fall behind by 2TDs while pounding Benson for 1-2 yard gains, then opening up the passing game. The strength of this team is the skill players. Dalton has proven he can get them the ball the first two games. Let the kid play.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we really should have tried to upgrade our running game. :( With that said there will be plenty of times this season where we can not give up on it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree -- he's smarter than Palmer ever was.....Palmer never had as good a game in his rookie year as Dalton had yesterday....and that was after sitting out a season and learning on the sidelines.....

There's no question Dalton is one of the most NFL ready QB's coming out of college that maybe we've ever seen. He looks like a pro back there with many of his reads and his poise. However, that means little in the scheme of things because it also doesn't mean he doesn't have limited potential.

It could also potentially be one of the worst things that could happen if everyone on the Bengals jumps on the hype and every year it's the same story, "this year Dalton's gonna make the jump to greatness"...."this year he's going to be able to hit the LONG ball with any consistency."

As for being "smarter than Palmer ever was". Let's not get carried away. You don't lead your team to a top 4 offense by being a dumb player. And he hasn't had this kind of receiving corps since 2006, nor has he had this type of offensive scheme since ever. His o-line to this point has also been VERY good in pass blocking, relative to the past couple seasons. Dalton has made very few completions, if any, where he's had to make a quick decision and decide (or be forced) to try to squeeze the ball into a tight window. The sack he took at the end of the game even with a wide open Green on the side wasn't "smart" by any means, and is something he can expect to see play after play against the better teams he better get accustomed to seeing pretty soon. Furthermore, Dalton has played Denver and Cleveland to this point.

Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but it'd be a good idea to keep everything in perspective. Right now, you guys are on the opposite end of the spectrum of Kramer, and it's borderline luny.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dalton impressed me with his ability to scan the field and check down to the right man, the seam route to Simpson for about 80yards was just him checking down his receivers another great play by him, he made so many good decisions that is what is so promising, the NFL is about defenses trying to confuse and make the QB throw the ball where he shouldnt and the kid is playing chess out there where our QB last year wasnt in the same league with his decision making. I watch NFL matchup every week and you need a QB who can pick thru all the schemes and its refreshing that the Bengals have one.

He made a very good pass on that 80 yarder to Simpson, but it was the easy and obvious pass. He didn't have to go through any progressions. Based on the defensive package/scheme out there, Simpson was his first read. The ball was out within seconds.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not discrediting the opponents so far, or doubting the limits of Dalton's potential. Just saying I'd like to see more of what he can do...and less of Benson's bitch ass getting stuffed on every 3rd and 1

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another advantage Dalton has had is his receivers seem to be where they were supposed to be.....the last couple of seasons especially, Chad (and last year TO) tended to freelance, and this caused Palmer to throw the wrong way...Chad would zig and Carson would throw the zag...resulting in a pick six.....these receivers may not have the name value, and Simpson's propensity to drop the ball is maddening, but at least the routes have appeared crisp and accurate.....I'm not trying to anoint Dalton as the second coming, but I like what I have seen through two games, and I'd like to see more of it, if Marvin is willing.....

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is a Kitna. Whoopee!

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow.....say's who? Like the announcer's said,he's the Bengals future.I like what i've seen from the kid so far,i wouldn't say Kitna and Dalton in the same breath...two differant stories!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are so many legitimate problems with this organization, why waste your time cracking on a quarterback who may well turn out much better than you ever imagined possible?

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
icon15.gif
,you guys take care!! :)

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many legitimate problems with this organization, why waste your time cracking on a quarterback who may well turn out much better than you ever imagined possible?

He won't. I have eyes.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else wish that Palmer could have had Green to throw to?

Sure. I wish Palmer could have had Green to throw to, as well as Shipley, Gresham and Simpson. Guess what? The fucking schmuck had a chance and he just quit, he didn't even retire, he just quit. So I do not feel sorry for the bag of shit.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't wish he had Simpson. Simpson has athletic ability, but, let's be honest, he can't catch.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish he had Simpson. Simpson has athletic ability, but, let's be honest, he can't catch.

He had 20+ catches for Palmer last year with 2 - 100 yard games to end last season.

I agree though, unless that ball hits Simpson in stride in his hands, they are like bricks. Still a lot of athletic ability and ability to get open though.