• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas vs Chargers thread

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 3 greater concerns than oline after 4 weeks of play.
1. Defensive coverage...mostly at corner
2. depth at dline
3. game planning, play calling, in game adjustments

which is a far cry from what were the issues coming into the season

I can agree with what you saying. Mostly.

I'm not so worried about the O-line because barring injury I think they get better as the season goes along.
Coverage wise I think Carr has held his own..... Mo was just benched. (Just saw it on the NFL Network) Maybe that will let him get healthy.
Depth on the D-line will be helped if we can get Ratt back. But that helps us none now.

I still have faith in this team. Romo is playing better than he ever has. The receivers have got to step up .... but it was the same story with the receivers last year. Witten included.

Thing is with the Tampa 2 defense. It's a small speed defense. You have to control TOP .... it's almost a must if you want to win with it.
Which means our offense has to step up and have long time consuming drives.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 3 greater concerns than oline after 4 weeks of play.
1. Defensive coverage...mostly at corner
2. depth at dline
3. game planning, play calling, in game adjustments

which is a far cry from what were the issues coming into the season
I agree totally. Can't argue with you at all. Your spot on IMO.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree...just wanna change the order a little. your 3 is my one. This is a scoring league now because of the new rules, today your defense doesn't have to be dominate just make a few crucial stops. Keep 2 at 2. Depth is every thing especially with the pace teams wan to move their offense plus a deep DL can always make a d-backfield look better than it really is (see the Texans). and your 1 is my 3. Good observation Pday....I still disagree with you about Lee playing great last Sunday lol.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree...just wanna change the order a little. your 3 is my one. This is a scoring league now because of the new rules, today your defense doesn't have to be dominate just make a few crucial stops. Keep 2 at 2. Depth is every thing especially with the pace teams wan to move their offense plus a deep DL can always make a d-backfield look better than it really is (see the Texans). and your 1 is my 3. Good observation Pday....I still disagree with you about Lee playing great last Sunday lol.

Dallas Defensive -= Tackles TOTSOLO
S. Lee 18 15

Did you see today where Dallas said Lee was suppose to have help over the top on the TD to Gates? Do you really think Lee had Gates all over the field Sunday?

Last edited by a moderator:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackles can be a misleading stat. Sometimes it mean you let a guy beat you in your zone a lot.....obviously many of his tackles were against the run. This is just one we don't see eye to eye on. No big deal ain't the first won't be the last. I did think your other post was spot on though. Bruce Carter was abused to and yes he was supposed to have safety help also but he didn't get it. Doesn't change the fact his man beat him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter had a bunch of tackles as well as Claiborne. With that being said, besides the Gates TD , I thought Lee was everywhere Sunday. Now it may have been because he was the closest defender. I know Mo got beat once and Lee was there to save an bigger gain.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder how many would agree that 18/15 isn't a good pro day?
That hustle play catching MO's man was pure Sean Lee
Sorry...#50 was a player last week

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a guy named Brady James who routinely led this team in tackles. Wooooo buddy lol before yall go crazy, it's noway James is in the same status sphere as Lee as a player.....I'm just making the point that a bunch of tackles don't always equal a great performance.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with Pday here .... Lee has been lights out. There was the one play by Gates.... like Pday pointed out he was supposed to have help over the top.

Lee has been our best player on defense thus far .... without question

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was solid ....great no. Outside of the pick 6 which was an awesome play in which Hatcher deserves half the created Lee was a mixed bag to me. I here though. I respect your opinion say your peace and let's move on. we clearly disagree.:suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist aint trying to start no ish, but have you ever disagree with Pday?:whistle:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a guy named Brady James who routinely led this team in tackles. Wooooo buddy lol before yall go crazy, it's noway James is in the same status sphere as Lee as a player.....I'm just making the point that a bunch of tackles don't always equal a great performance.

different defenses snook.....

4-3 your middle linebacker should absolutely lead the team. If a safety or corner does...... your defense is fucked

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist aint trying to start no ish, but have you ever disagree with Pday?:whistle:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAA probably more than anyone else to be honest

but basic football is basic football.......

I'm sure anyone over from the ESPN boards will tell you me and PDay have had our moments .... but not over simple shit

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats true......Pday just hating on me cause I love the Longhorns. He's kicking me while i'm down.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Pday here .... Lee has been lights out. There was the one play by Gates.... like Pday pointed out he was supposed to have help over the top.

Lee has been our best player on defense thus far .... without question
:agree:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
different defenses snook.....

4-3 your middle linebacker should absolutely lead the team. If a safety or corner does...... your defense is fucked

I think you mad my point though.....He should have a lot of tackles. Still doesn't mean he was great. You said it his tackle stats should be high.:agree:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mad my point though.....He should have a lot of tackles. Still doesn't mean he was great. You said it his tackle stats should be high.:agree:

I could never make your point though ..... James sucked monkey nuts and got his numbers just cause ... Lee is actually working for his numbers..

Might have had me if you wouldn't have named James as a comparison

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e read the post please. I clearly stated there is no comparrison between the 2 players.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No comparrison