• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...I forgot all about this game. 140 on any team is impressive. Mavs offense is scary good.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How nice that Houston was allowed to shoot 5 free throws within the last minute of play while Dallas got 0. Pretty easy to come back from 4 down with less than a minute to go when you're allowed to score 5 points with no time elapsing.

Personal fouls in basketball are like holding calls in football. Sure, sometimes they are blatant and must be called. But they both happen on almost every last play/possession and often go uncalled. There is so much discretion on when to call them, so I hate it when calls are uneven.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't have even been in that game after missing 30+ 3 pointers. We should have closed it out at the end though. That looked like a charge to me. Harden just bull rushed and got the call.

It's a shame the NBA scheduled this game after the off-season the teams had on the 2nd night of a back to back (for only one of the teams).

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't have even been in that game after missing 30+ 3 pointers. We should have closed it out at the end though. That looked like a charge to me. Harden just bull rushed and got the call.

It's a shame the NBA scheduled this game after the off-season the teams had on the 2nd night of a back to back (for only one of the teams).

Harden is one of my least favorite players and is terribly overrated a la Carmelo Anthony. Yeah, he scores a ton. But he makes Dirk look like Tony Allen on defense by comparison. Plus every story I've ever heard about the guy from people who have met him or dealt with him tells me he's likely a giant dickhead.

And yes, he definitely comes from the Wheelchair Wade school of just wildly bull-rushing, flailing, and flopping his way into the lane to draw cheap fouls. A lot of players do it, but those 2 have mastered it. If you're an "all-star", just go charging into the lane and you'll get the call.

It might be smart, but it's cheap. It's why I have literally zero respect for Wheelchair. Every time his name gets mentioned in the same breath as LeBron, Durant, or Kobe, I have to just shake my head.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read where the Mavs play the Rockets 4 times this year where we play on the 2nd night of a back to back. That's ridiculous, and should be altered.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read where the Mavs play the Rockets 4 times this year where we play on the 2nd night of a back to back. That's ridiculous, and should be altered.

Won't happen if/when they play in the playoffs.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen if/when they play in the playoffs.

We're better than that team. I think they would've been worse off last night if Dwight played. They wouldn't have shot and made so many damn 3's if he had played. I know they lead the league in 3 pt. attempts, but Dwight would've cut into it some.

I still think the refs decided that one last night, and I hate that. If he calls that a charge then the Mavs win. He called it a block and we lost. I know we had our chances but I hate that the block/charge decided it.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're better than that team. I think they would've been worse off last night if Dwight played. They wouldn't have shot and made so many damn 3's if he had played. I know they lead the league in 3 pt. attempts, but Dwight would've cut into it some.

I still think the refs decided that one last night, and I hate that. If he calls that a charge then the Mavs win. He called it a block and we lost. I know we had our chances but I hate that the block/charge decided it.

Rockets are probably playing over their heads. They aren't gonna win 55 games.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Kobe said. As a matter of fact I think he's certainly correct in his line of thinking.

Nothing wrong? Yeah I guess so, if you manage to ignore the blatant narcissism and me-first attitude that Kobe has always been about. The only reason he's "worth" anything near the max is because he plays in front of a bunch of know-nothing casual fans and celebrities. He's devolved into a ball-stopping chucker, and the fact that he thinks he is worth the max just shows how delusional he is.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong? Yeah I guess so, if you manage to ignore the blatant narcissism and me-first attitude that Kobe has always been about. The only reason he's "worth" anything near the max is because he plays in front of a bunch of know-nothing casual fans and celebrities. He's devolved into a ball-stopping chucker, and the fact that he thinks he is worth the max just shows how delusional he is.

I don't love Kobe and no doubt I've always thought he's a 'me' guy but what he said isn't 'wrong'. Frankly I applaud him from telling the media what he really thinks and feels. It's not a popular thing but I commend the guy for at least being honest on his feelings.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him questioning players that take less money in an effort to field a winner is what seems absurd to me

The clincher for me:

"So did I take a discount? Yeah. Did I take as big a discount as some of you fans would want me to? No. Is it a big enough discount to help us be a contender? Yeah. So what we try to do is be in a situation where they take care of the player and the player takes care of the organization enough to put us in a championship predicament eventually."

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. :10:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible fucking loss. Another poor shooting team that shoots the lights out from 3 against us.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like these happen. There's always going to be losses like these during the a long season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible fucking loss. Another poor shooting team that shoots the lights out from 3 against us.

Our perimeter defense has been lousy all season and we are last in the league in defensive rebounding. Seems like we get a big stop and they get the offensive rebound. I would like to see how Felton looks on the defensive end.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In baseball it's different it happens. But in the nba you can't let it happen. It makes you look poorly coached

It's easy to say you can't let it happen. That's not really reality tho. In an 82 game season there's going to be a few head scratching losses. Every team goes through it. I've seen Indiana play a few times this year and every time I've seen them they look pretty feisty and play real hard. All things considered I think Voegel has done a pretty good job so far.