• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Keuchel said, "We're Not The Cubs"

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So your bet is that Keuchel's intended meaning was basically, 'of course we're going to repeat as World Series champions because we're better than the Cubs.' You really think that's what he meant?

Here's the story on ESPN.

"We're not the Cubs," Keuchel told The Washington Post when asked about the Chicago Cubs' returning almost the same team from their 2016 championship and winning 11 fewer games. "I firmly believe we have better players."

So, he was asked about a world series hangover and the reporter specifically mentioned the Cubs winning eleven fewer games after their championship season, but it had nothing to do with the Cubs' 45-45 start. That's not a good bet, Manster.

Of course he did, and then every website that ran the story omits the actual question and uses the headline "We're not the Cubs." It's just incendiary, click-bait bullshit that our media outlets are so adept at.

Winning fewer games on the Season, isn't about a slow start, it's about not games for the whole season.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning fewer games on the Season, isn't about a slow start, it's about not games for the whole season.

I see.

You're probably right. When referencing the Cubs' World Series hangover and 11 fewer wins in 2017, the reporting likely wasn't referring to their 45-45 start. He was talking about the subsequent seventy-two games where they went 47-25, subsequent playoff berth, and first round victory over the Nats. . .

tenor.gif

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn son, it was very obvious I was talking about the last time a team won back to back World Series. Read. Comprehend what you read, and then reply.

I did read it. You said what they did was so incredible and I brought up much earlier. Back then winning back to back was easier if you were a championship-caliber team.