• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never means anything when certain positions look well playing without pads, so I don't think much about these early reports. But with a QB I do think you can get a little bit of a feel for the guy. Can he learn the playbook, can he make the throws strongly and accurately, etc. Now real test is what does he do with 300lbs coming right at him. But we have time for that. Would be awesome to see Dak win the #2 spot, but as long as he progresses and looks like a player I'll be happy.
Understand, but it's no secret I'm concerned with the QB position, any glimmer of hope I will grab onto and hope it's true.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand, but it's no secret I'm concerned with the QB position, any glimmer of hope I will grab onto and hope it's true.

Will Dak be able to beat out Showers? Showers is looking better this year they say. There is no chance Dak clears and makes it to the practice squad, so...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Dak be able to beat out Showers? Showers is looking better this year they say. There is no chance Dak clears and makes it to the practice squad, so...

Haven't we heard this the past two offseasons? Showers is not an NFL QB IMHO, and if he was we probably would have seen him on the field some last year. If Showers takes any development time away from Prescott, that would be very short sighted on the part of the Dallas coaching staff.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually for QB I said there is some meaning with the early reports because it's as much cerebral as it is physical.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't we heard this the past two offseasons? Showers is not an NFL QB IMHO, and if he was we probably would have seen him on the field some last year. If Showers takes any development time away from Prescott, that would be very short sighted on the part of the Dallas coaching staff.
Well, the only thing is he was split last year between QB and other positions. This year he will get a chance to show what he has more. Romo and Dak are locks for the roster sans injury. So he needs to beat out Moore or more likely get one more year on the PS. Odds are probably against him

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the only thing is he was split last year between QB and other positions.

That should probably tell you all you need to know about his ability to be an NFL QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should probably tell you all you need to know about his ability to be an NFL QB.
Not necessarily. You could also argue that they knew he wasn't ready but felt strongly enough about his ability and potential that they wanted to find ways to keep him around. Not like they couldn't find a different special teams guy for the practice squad if that was all they saw, right? I'm all for giving guys a chance. That doesn't mean we have to blindly assume they are going to be players and can't form a negative opinion and then change it, but he is still young and raw. Who knows,,,but seems like a good kid to root for...I for one look forward to seeing him in the preseason