• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott?

What are the odds that Dak Prescott plays for Dallas in 2021?

• A. They will franchise tag him again, so he plays

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • B. He's eventually going to cost too much so, they will move up to draft his replacement. He's gone!

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • C. Is he tradable, if so, they'll do that this year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Something else... What?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty touched upon something I was going to write about but in another form I keep hearing we cant resign our d/ line and keep them together . If you avg paying Payne , Allen and sweat at 15 mil a season you can easily do that and resign settle. Why ? New tv contract will add 50 mil at least . CDC , LC and other potential dead cap numbers will also come off . If you continue to draft well and avoid big money contracts till then then you can keep them all . So this off season I think I would resign my own and maybe acquire a qb . Sign the same type of FA’s we did last year , draft well and roll from there

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty touched upon something I was going to write about but in another form I keep hearing we cant resign our d/ line and keep them together . If you avg paying Payne , Allen and sweat at 15 mil a season you can easily do that and resign settle. Why ? New tv contract will add 50 mil at least . CDC , LC and other potential dead cap numbers will also come off . If you continue to draft well and avoid big money contracts till then then you can keep them all . So this off season I think I would resign my own and maybe acquire a qb . Sign the same type of FA’s we did last year , draft well and roll from there

So you think TV contracts will go up in value on a declining product?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the networks will pay because the don’t accept all the reasons for the decline . They accept one

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that absence makes this product more attractive, especially as a live event place to go. I agree that the product is a mere shell of itself when contact concerns weren't an issue. I loved the old spartan, hands-on, hard hitting game of tackle football. Now we have generations of fans/followers of the game who only know the watered down product, and its popularity doesn't seem to be waning with these groups.

I'm probably going to regret asking this but instead of making assumptions.. "declining product?"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smarter money is on tagging dak and cutting zeke.

i dont know anything about zeke’s contract, though I do know that the cowboys got good production out of their other rb’s in at least a few games last year.
Ezekiel Elliott signed a 6 year, $90,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $50,052,137 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,000,000. In 2021, Elliott will earn a base salary of $9,600,000, while carrying a cap hit of $13,700,000 and a dead cap value of $24,500,000.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
186 mil over 5 years
That's pretty close to the tag number that will pay him slightly more this year. Your numbers average out to 37.2M/per his cap number this year is $37,690,800. (37.6) they like will have to meet that number at the very least. Your offer is reasonable, especially since the big number is solved. working out the extra change should be easier if they can get that close.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 12 days left to reach a deal between Dallas and Prescott. If they get to 6 without being close to an agreement, then I have the feeling that they won't and he becomes a free agent on March 10th.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 12 days left to reach a deal between Dallas and Prescott. If they get to 6 without being close to an agreement, then I have the feeling that they won't and he becomes a free agent on March 10th.

If they let Dak walk, I expect them to trade up with Miami

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that absence makes this product more attractive, especially as a live event place to go. I agree that the product is a mere shell of itself when contact concerns weren't an issue. I loved the old spartan, hands-on, hard hitting game of tackle football. Now we have generations of fans/followers of the game who only know the watered down product, and its popularity doesn't seem to be waning with these groups.

I'm probably going to regret asking this but instead of making assumptions.. "declining product?"

Super Bowl rating are down 10 points since 2015. 7 before he pandemic. Down 13 in the 18-49 age group.

TV ratings went down 8 percent this last season on a week to week basis.

I am extremely tired of people who play a GAME for a living thinking they are more important than anybody else. I am tired of their hypocrisy. I am tired of he fans getting the short end of the stick. The best thing fans can do is turn sports off, have their voices heard, and have the sport’s world know they exist only because the fans allow it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say for sure, could be fields, wilson or even......Lance.
I'm hearing rumors of a trade with Seattle that not only involves Dak but Zeke and draft picks for Wilson. Hard to see Seattle taking on those big cap hits, but if Wilson wants out and one of his desired places is Dallas, I can't imagine Dallas not exploringthen taking advantage of a fortunate turn of events like that.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY like Fields, I'm just so gunshy now after missing on RG3 and Haskins. I think Fields is going to be really good.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing rumors of a trade with Seattle that not only involves Dak but Zeke and draft picks for Wilson. Hard to see Seattle taking on those big cap hits, but if Wilson wants out and one of his desired places is Dallas, I can't imagine Dallas not exploringthen taking advantage of a fortunate turn of events like that.
Seattle doesn't have the cap space to make a trade like that neither does Dallas

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember this , I think every qb since the Goff draft the qbs picked arent with the original teams

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I assume they are referring to a tag and trade for Dak. This would cost Seattle 38 million, unless they could come to an agreement with Dak before July 26.

Zeke wouldn’t be too bad for Seattle with hits of 9.6, 12.4, 10.9, 10, and 15.4 and 16.6 million starting in 2021.

Wilson on the other hand would cost 32 million in dead space to Seattle.

Dak would cost nothing for Dallas and Wilson would count 19, 24, and 27 million for Dallas (bargain prices)

Zeke would add close to 15 million to Dallas‘ cap in dead space.

Seattle would be dumb to do this. They would need Dak to take Russell Wilson salaries without any bonuses to make this happen. Why would Dak do that and not simply do this for Dallas? I would say the rumors are very far-fetched.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl rating are down 10 points since 2015. 7 before he pandemic. Down 13 in the 18-49 age group.

TV ratings went down 8 percent this last season on a week to week basis.

I am extremely tired of people who play a GAME for a living thinking they are more important than anybody else. I am tired of their hypocrisy. I am tired of he fans getting the short end of the stick. The best thing fans can do is turn sports off, have their voices heard, and have the sport’s world know they exist only because the fans allow it.
Sports, despite every other thing that some want to claim that it doesn't also include, is entainment. It involves human beings and therefore all that this entails.

The overall spending on entertainment outside of the home has been, and is, down for numerous reasons including a much safer, nearly unwatchable product, when speaking specifically of the NFL. When there are visceral objectionable reactions to statements and/or actions of individuals or groups seeking sameness, it comes from and is related to, deep inward feelings rather than to intellect, and therefore has no place in meaningful constructive conversation(s). Using such objections as fodder to not engage is a personal issue that's best addressed in theraputic session. When, as you suggest, it is significant enough to be noticed, that speaks to the overall mental health or lack thereof within a particular population.

Today, unlike before, people have been forced to live their lives in the midst of this pandemic. the added changes inside the home results in people suffering from "screen fatigue" and taking longer breaks away fro their televisions, laptops, phones etc. thus rating are also down.

This pandemic has changed the way that the overall population is now doing business, educating themselves and their children, working spending and saving money, entertaining themselves as well as how interpersonal relationships are conducted. Living life as once known is a thing of the past, and there will be no new "normal" since there didn't exist a uniform "normal" beforehand.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume they are referring to a tag and trade for Dak. This would cost Seattle 38 million, unless they could come to an agreement with Dak before July 26.

Zeke wouldn’t be too bad for Seattle with hits of 9.6, 12.4, 10.9, 10, and 15.4 and 16.6 million starting in 2021.

Wilson on the other hand would cost 32 million in dead space to Seattle.

Dak would cost nothing for Dallas and Wilson would count 19, 24, and 27 million for Dallas (bargain prices)

Zeke would add close to 15 million to Dallas‘ cap in dead space.

Seattle would be dumb to do this. They would need Dak to take Russell Wilson salaries without any bonuses to make this happen. Why would Dak do that and not simply do this for Dallas? I would say the rumors are very far-fetched.
Again, I agree, and reiterate, it's a rumor based largely upon the four teams that Wilson and his agent listed as preferable trade destinations. (Dallas, L.A Raiders, N.O and Chicago)