• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak played well

DCDC1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak played his best game tonight! The defense played their best game tonight. I’ve been tagging on Dak for the last 2 seasons but today he did a great job.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Dak article. He just seems to get it:

Dak: QB Success Depends On Playoff Wins

I think this sums up Dak: "All I can tell you about Dak is that he wins games"
Biggest thing for Dak this week will be avoiding sacks. According to PFF, Dak led the league in sacks where it was on the QB. He can throw the ball, no doubt, but in the playoffs, a sack is a drive ender. Throw it away, next play. If the Cowboys can keep the offense on schedule, I believe they win the game

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Dak article. He just seems to get it:

Dak: QB Success Depends On Playoff Wins

I think this sums up Dak: "All I can tell you about Dak is that he wins games"

More than anything else ...I like who Dak is.

I have no idea if he will get better or worse as time goes on. You never do with any young QB.
But what I do know is that you can trust him to bust his ass to try to get better. On the field, off the field, meetings. watching film etc. His head & his heart are both in sync with the same goal.

Win or lose ...a guy like that will always have my support 100%.

Go Cowboys!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing for Dak this week will be avoiding sacks. According to PFF, Dak led the league in sacks where it was on the QB. He can throw the ball, no doubt, but in the playoffs, a sack is a drive ender. Throw it away, next play. If the Cowboys can keep the offense on schedule, I believe they win the game

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak does take some unnecessary sacks. Romo held the ball too long as well at times. I always remember Jarntt saying that he wished he would get rid of the ball quicker. One difference is or was 3rd and long never bothered Romo. He normally didn’t check it down for the extra 5 yrds for his Punter. Has anyone noticed the last few weeks though?? Dak has been picking those up more and bypassing the check down.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF broke it down to line play vs QB play. Our OL was still responsible for over 30 sacks. Pointing out things Dak needs to work on isn't ripping him, it's the same thing the kid looks at himself. All the things he has issues with, holding the ball too long, late on some reads, not setting his feet on deep throws...are correctable, especially for a kid that works like Dak does. When he cleans that up, he's a Super Bowl caliber QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. Our Offensive scheme stinks, but there is no offensive scheme that wants a QB to hold the ball too long in this league. Almost every 3rd down sack seems to be Dak (and Romo too) holding the ball for more than a 3 count. That isn't on the OL and it isn't on the scheme. Dak just flat out holds the ball too long and doesn't see the pass rush too often. When you don't admit to the obvious areas that are universally known as things he has to work on you weaken your argument that the scheme is the problem. Getting back to the scheme, again, yes it sucks and so does the play calling. That is a huge problem with our Offense but it doesn't absolve Dak from holding the ball too long and especially in the red zone where you can just throw it out of the back of the end zone or when you are on the edge of FG range.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak does take some unnecessary sacks. Romo held the ball too long as well at times. I always remember Jarntt saying that he wished he would get rid of the ball quicker. One difference is or was 3rd and long never bothered Romo. He normally didn’t check it down for the extra 5 yrds for his Punter. Has anyone noticed the last few weeks though?? Dak has been picking those up more and bypassing the check down.
Good memory. I have to disagree with portraying the 3rd down check downs as Dak's decision though. This is one of my biggest problems with the play calling. Most (not all) of the horrible 3rd and 15 type plays are designed screens, so they aren't dump offs or even Dak's decision unless he is audibling at the LOS. Yes there are some dumpoffs too which serve little purpose, but we absolutely saw this late in Romo's career too when he would hit Witten for a 4 yard pass on 3rd and long and we all knew Witten wasn't likely to break that for a first down.

I think with Cooper on board and with the younger TEs in the game we have more guys that can get open further down the field, so I think you are right about picking them up more now. I also think Austin helps because he is a guy that you can throw a 5 yard pass and have him gain 15 on it. WE haven't had that since Dunbar and it's a huge part of an Offense in the NFL. Beasley is good in space but not explosive enough to break those plays consistently and Zeke is great, but that's not really his thing either.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good memory. I have to disagree with portraying the 3rd down check downs as Dak's decision though. This is one of my biggest problems with the play calling. Most (not all) of the horrible 3rd and 15 type plays are designed screens, so they aren't dump offs or even Dak's decision unless he is audibling at the LOS. Yes there are some dumpoffs too which serve little purpose, but we absolutely saw this late in Romo's career too when he would hit Witten for a 4 yard pass on 3rd and long and we all knew Witten wasn't likely to break that for a first down.

I think with Cooper on board and with the younger TEs in the game we have more guys that can get open further down the field, so I think you are right about picking them up more now. I also think Austin helps because he is a guy that you can throw a 5 yard pass and have him gain 15 on it. WE haven't had that since Dunbar and it's a huge part of an Offense in the NFL. Beasley is good in space but not explosive enough to break those plays consistently and Zeke is great, but that's not really his thing either.
Simple fix for Dak...You have three seconds from the snap(plenty of time) to decide where to go with the ball, if you aren't sure, just take off. It's really that simple. Make 2nd and 6 turn into 3rd and 3 instead of 3rd and 14. If you don't have a lane, throw it away and give yourself a chance on third and 6. Sacks and turnovers will be the name of this game, both ways

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. The screen has been called a lot on 3rd and long this year. The TEs have broken some tackles recently and picked up a few first downs with their running ability.

I like Hurns but if when we go 4 wide and 1 back, which we rarely do, Austin, Beasley, Coop, and Gallup- those are some tough covers.

I’m wondering about those TEs too. I think the draft is going to be really heavy with TEs if some of the Jrs come out. It seems ours are improving every week though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple fix for Dak...You have three seconds from the snap(plenty of time) to decide where to go with the ball, if you aren't sure, just take off. It's really that simple. Make 2nd and 6 turn into 3rd and 3 instead of 3rd and 14. If you don't have a lane, throw it away and give yourself a chance on third and 6. Sacks and turnovers will be the name of this game, both ways
While I prefer my QB to not run in general unless all other avenues are exhausted, when it comes to playoff games I'm absolutely all for it. I'd like to see Dak scramble early and often this week. it's no time to worry about injuries or sticking to "the plan". In the playoffs every play is critical and if they need to start watching Dak with a LB or S that only serves to open up other things. Also, no turnovers, so don't just throw it away blindly...but yes to avoiding sacks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The screen has been called a lot on 3rd and long this year. The TEs have broken some tackles recently and picked up a few first downs with their running ability.

I like Hurns but if when we go 4 wide and 1 back, which we rarely do, Austin, Beasley, Coop, and Gallup- those are some tough covers.

I’m wondering about those TEs too. I think the draft is going to be really heavy with TEs if some of the Jrs come out. It seems ours are improving every week though.
Yes, those are the 4 i like too. What i do like about Hurns and what we also don't do enough of is slants. He can beat his guy on those and they are tough covers. So, I'm OK with him out there from time to time.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I prefer my QB to not run in general unless all other avenues are exhausted, when it comes to playoff games I'm absolutely all for it. I'd like to see Dak scramble early and often this week. it's no time to worry about injuries or sticking to "the plan". In the playoffs every play is critical and if they need to start watching Dak with a LB or S that only serves to open up other things. Also, no turnovers, so don't just throw it away blindly...but yes to avoiding sacks.

Agree with not wanting the QB running, but Dak does it smart most of the time and will gladly slide giving up a few yards. The times he doesn't slide is if that slide doesn't produce the yards needed for a 1st on 3rd down.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with not wanting the QB running, but Dak does it smart most of the time and will gladly slide giving up a few yards. The times he doesn't slide is if that slide doesn't produce the yards needed for a 1st on 3rd down.
The thing about him running in a playoff game is his frame. Zeke runs the ball 25 times a game and he is fine. Dak has about 20 pounds on Zeke, he will be fine. If he were built like Jared Goff, I would say stay in the pocket young fella...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about him running in a playoff game is his frame. Zeke runs the ball 25 times a game and he is fine. Dak has about 20 pounds on Zeke, he will be fine. If he were built like Jared Goff, I would say stay in the pocket young fella...
I get that but QBs are no longer protected when they run, so bigger hits are there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but QBs are no longer protected when they run, so bigger hits are there.
I don't know, I think Dak was looking for someone to play into on that last run LOL. Dak made himself a lot of money tonight. I hope he saves room for all the other great players we have to resign, but he proved once again that he is a money, clutch player

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I think Dak was looking for someone to play into on that last run LOL. Dak made himself a lot of money tonight. I hope he saves room for all the other great players we have to resign, but he proved once again that he is a money, clutch player

I agree on that run. It was almost like he was expecting to get hit at any time but didn’t until the end. Thought it was a great call by Linehan. At first I thought it might have been a scramble but seeing how far our guards were down the field, I’m pretty sure it was a draw.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on that run. It was almost like he was expecting to get hit at any time but didn’t until the end. Thought it was a great call by Linehan. At first I thought it might have been a scramble but seeing how far our guards were down the field, I’m pretty sure it was a draw.
Dak said last night it was indeed a called QB draw