• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily Thread: "We're on a mission from God."

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Indians are watching the movie Major League too much, and taking it waaaay too much to heart.

Prior to Wednesday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles, the Cleveland Indians made friends with a different kind of bird.
Pitcher Justin Masterson carried a live chicken onto the field for the team's pregame drills. The bird, supplied by one of the Indians' clubhouse workers from an area farm, spent most of batting practice standing with Cleveland's pitchers in front of the warning track in center field.
The chicken, unfazed by its surroundings, stood calmly on the field while balls hit during batting practice fell nearby. Several curious players came by to observe the chicken, which was picked up by pitchers Cody Allen and Rich Hill and then carried off the field when the drills concluded.
The bird was given to Allen, who was nicknamed "Chicken Al" by pitcher Frank Herrmann in spring training. The chicken has been named "Cody."

Cleveland went on to win the game, beating Baltimore 6-4 and jumping the Orioles in the scramble to win one of the AL's two wild-card spots.
Ryan Raburn drove in two runs in the victory and tipped his hat to "Cody."
"If we get on roll, that's going to be our mascot," Raburn said. "Whoever's the owner of it, we're going to have to keep that sucker if we keep winning. We're going to have to get him his own locker."
Indians manager Terry Francona knew about the joke ahead of time but was still surprised to see a chicken on a baseball field. He said it will be returned safely to the farm.
"I'm pretty OK as long as we win, but I don't know about farm animals," he said.
The Indians came off a tough road trip to Atlanta and Detroit, in which they went 1-5 and lost ground in the wild card race before playing Baltimore. Francona is happy that his team is remaining loose.
"I think it's great," he said. "We're into September. ... I actually love it. Guys are trying to have fun. That's the best way to be a good team."

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad those days are far behind me

Coke (the red kind), grilled cheese & aspirin are a good remedy :suds:

already did the tylenol. wish i could keep something greesy down but i can't. i could go for a mcgriddle right about now.....

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a baseball & a half size myself. Soccer balls look great on chicks in their 20s/30s but then they head south. Not a pretty sight

i never make a long term commitment for anything bigger than a C cup for this very reason.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we please count the minors, high school and wiffle ball? ichiro did....

Did you notice how the elitests like Buster Olney were outraged that anyone would dare question the 4,000 hits as anything but a legitimate stat?

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trish-stratus-22.jpg

this is the only chic i've liked with fake ones

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice how the elitests like Buster Olney were outraged that anyone would dare question the 4,000 hits as anything but a legitimate stat?

Interesting choice of words and viewpoint.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No day games today (at least nat'l broadcast) :bawling:

At least the Sox/Yanks are on tonight. Yanks only 2.5 out - fight for the AL WCs continues

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HammerDown
Administrator

vCash: 25

An Open Letter To All CBS Daily Thread Exiles

Are you ready to end the madness once and for all? If so, I am offering an apology, an olive branch and a solution.

I apologize that when Robustable shut down I didn't welcome you guys back at that time but I didn't think you'd come back. I'm sorry. I should have extended the olive branch when you were homeless and things would have never gotten to this point. I'm doing that now for one simple reason: because I know this can be fun again. Go back and read some of the first daily threads from SportsHoopla in April and tell me that wasn't fun and exciting. We can get it back.

So what's the problem? The problem is that Zig has succeeded in making your community all about him. Every post on your daily thread includes a comment for or against Zig and his plan to appoint a mod for every poster and and delete, excuse me, "move" posts and "deal with" posters who don't comply with his set of rules.

I think Zig is a good guy and up until he banned Uno my opinions of him were all in fun. But now there's a big, big problem. You know what it is? Uno is right and things will never work over there now because Zig appointed himself your Lord and master and is dictating how things are going to be for you from now on. It's all about him and he's trying to convince you that you posting on SportsHoopla will "make Hammar money" which you know is bullshit. The only source of revenue on SportsHoopla is from AdSense and those ads have been removed on the daily thread forum to prove my point that I am NOT making money from you even though I don't think anyone ever believed I did. Zig has been pounding his "Hammar" drum from day one to keep you from leaving his place and coming back here. He wants you to think I'm the enemy when in reality, I'm the one who is offering you a chance to get the magic back. Zig wants to keep you locked in Zig's Evil House of Power Trips & Dictatorship. Admit it, that place is no fun anymore. It's either posters bitching about Zig's power trip or Zig trying desperately to convince you why he should be making all the decisions. And when he reads this he's going to panic. Expect "don't trust him" and "somehow it's about money" to be used allot. It's never going to work there and Zig has proven he doesn't want to solve problems; he just wants to keep you at his place where he's in control of what you do and what you say.

Come back to SportsHoopla. You'll have your own forum with no ads and no one telling you what to do. You can post whatever the fuck you want to post and it will all be behind closed doors. Hell, we can even password-protect it if you want to. Google will have no say and there won't be a mod for every member. We can make it as public or as private as you want. If someone is ruining it, you can start a poll and everyone vote on whether to take action and what it should be instead of one self-appointed poster making the decision alone. This plan gets you back to talking sports and removes all the bickering associated with Zig's power grab. And if Zig is as smart as I think he is, he'll be the first one to relieve himself of that stress and come back to what he had before. If he panics and starts telling you why you should stay at his place, he proves me right and you'll know for sure that Barney's not going to turn his deputy badge and bullet in without a fight.

There shouldn't be any restrictions on any accounts so you can post opinions here. I'm swallowing my pride and apologizing because I know this will work. Give it a shot for a week and let's find out.

Let me be the first to say

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol::lame::laugh3::omg::laugh3:

Just when I thought you couldn't be more pathetic, you go and take it to new heights.

Whats the matter SybilDown? You now want the same posters to come back that only a few months ago you were screaming like a little girl to leave or banning them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HammerDown
Administrator

vCash: 25

An Open Letter To All CBS Daily Thread Exiles

Are you ready to end the madness once and for all? If so, I am offering an apology, an olive branch and a solution.

I apologize that when Robustable shut down I didn't welcome you guys back at that time but I didn't think you'd come back. I'm sorry. I should have extended the olive branch when you were homeless and things would have never gotten to this point. I'm doing that now for one simple reason: because I know this can be fun again. Go back and read some of the first daily threads from SportsHoopla in April and tell me that wasn't fun and exciting. We can get it back.

So what's the problem? The problem is that Zig has succeeded in making your community all about him. Every post on your daily thread includes a comment for or against Zig and his plan to appoint a mod for every poster and and delete, excuse me, "move" posts and "deal with" posters who don't comply with his set of rules.

I think Zig is a good guy and up until he banned Uno my opinions of him were all in fun. But now there's a big, big problem. You know what it is? Uno is right and things will never work over there now because Zig appointed himself your Lord and master and is dictating how things are going to be for you from now on. It's all about him and he's trying to convince you that you posting on SportsHoopla will "make Hammar money" which you know is bullshit. The only source of revenue on SportsHoopla is from AdSense and those ads have been removed on the daily thread forum to prove my point that I am NOT making money from you even though I don't think anyone ever believed I did. Zig has been pounding his "Hammar" drum from day one to keep you from leaving his place and coming back here. He wants you to think I'm the enemy when in reality, I'm the one who is offering you a chance to get the magic back. Zig wants to keep you locked in Zig's Evil House of Power Trips & Dictatorship. Admit it, that place is no fun anymore. It's either posters bitching about Zig's power trip or Zig trying desperately to convince you why he should be making all the decisions. And when he reads this he's going to panic. Expect "don't trust him" and "somehow it's about money" to be used allot. It's never going to work there and Zig has proven he doesn't want to solve problems; he just wants to keep you at his place where he's in control of what you do and what you say.

Come back to SportsHoopla. You'll have your own forum with no ads and no one telling you what to do. You can post whatever the fuck you want to post and it will all be behind closed doors. Hell, we can even password-protect it if you want to. Google will have no say and there won't be a mod for every member. We can make it as public or as private as you want. If someone is ruining it, you can start a poll and everyone vote on whether to take action and what it should be instead of one self-appointed poster making the decision alone. This plan gets you back to talking sports and removes all the bickering associated with Zig's power grab. And if Zig is as smart as I think he is, he'll be the first one to relieve himself of that stress and come back to what he had before. If he panics and starts telling you why you should stay at his place, he proves me right and you'll know for sure that Barney's not going to turn his deputy badge and bullet in without a fight.

There shouldn't be any restrictions on any accounts so you can post opinions here. I'm swallowing my pride and apologizing because I know this will work. Give it a shot for a week and let's find out.

Let me be the first to say

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol::lame::laugh3::omg::laugh3:

Just when I thought you couldn't be more pathetic, you go and take it to new heights.

Whats the matter SybilDown? You now want the same posters to come back that only a few months ago you were screaming like a little girl to leave or banning them.

We can all relax now, the post count savior is here

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No day games today (at least nat'l broadcast) :bawling:

At least the Sox/Yanks are on tonight. Yanks only 2.5 out - fight for the AL WCs continues

Hard to blame the T.V Gods for not showing a Mariners/Royals game. I will follow along as best I can, but I am sure I am in the minority on this.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to blame the T.V Gods for not showing a Mariners/Royals game. I will follow along as best I can, but I am sure I am in the minority on this.

Hell D Id watch it too :suds: