• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily Thread: Victorino's 7 RBI's > Soriano's 4 RBI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the highlights on mlb.com don't show the balk, but the highlights on the mlb app do. Still trying to find a clip of the head movement.

Balk rules are ambiguous to me. I took the word of the homer announcers without question. I did see on the replay that the home plate umpire was all over the balk and very emphatic in calling it.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle was cool when they had the supersonics.

let's face it, seattle has done nothing in my day but uprise the grunge movement which was the worst form of music next to gangster rap and miley cyrus music.

fuck seattle and the depressing weather out there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't tell the Rays are in a Division race

Stadium is empty.

Rays Fans suck

fans? That implies there are more than one. seems to me like there is one fan and a few people that got free tickets and are enjoying the free a/c.

Just hope Texas plays them in the playoffs again. It was fun seeing a playoff game on the road for almost free.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balk rules are ambiguous to me. I took the word of the homer announcers without question. I did see on the replay that the home plate umpire was all over the balk and very emphatic in calling it.

Yeah, to me it looked like the ump had either seen him make that move before or one of the other umps had warned him about it. So as soon as he made it there was no second guessing, he jumped all over it.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't tell the Rays are in a Division race

Stadium is empty.

Rays Fans suck

It's been like that for years and they have had some really good teams. Always thought it was a shame that a consistently good team couldn't get more support from its fans.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle was cool when they had the supersonics.

let's face it, seattle has done nothing in my day but uprise the grunge movement which was the worst form of music next to gangster rap and miley cyrus music.

fuck seattle and the depressing weather out there.

Still never been to Seattle, but looks like a place I'd like to visit. Don't think i want to live there, but looks pretty nice.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans? That implies there are more than one. seems to me like there is one fan and a few people that got free tickets and are enjoying the free a/c.

Just hope Texas plays them in the playoffs again. It was fun seeing a playoff game on the road for almost free.

makes you wonder how they afford that team

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still never been to Seattle, but looks like a place I'd like to visit. Don't think i want to live there, but looks pretty nice.

if you do end up in seattle, make sure you bring goloshes, raincoat, umbrella, weed, anxiety meds and stay away from anything you can kill yourself with.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tie-breaking+balk.gif

The balk

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD would have a field day with this lol

•Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust (PCP), and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

•He surrounded himself with a cohort of gangsters, and cut himself off from his family and teammates.

•Hernandez had so infuriated his head coach, Bill Belichick, with missed practices and thug-life stunts, that he was one misstep from being cut.

•Both his parents, Dennis and Terri, had criminal records, as did much of his extended family.

•Terri allegedly cheated on Dennis before his death with a violent drug dealer named Jeffrey Cummings, then married Cummings after Dennis died and moved him into the house she shared with Aaron.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Like I posted above, "balk rules are ambiguous to me ... I'll take the word of the ump and the homer announcers". I still don't see anything!

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i thought the pitcher can shake his head 'yes' or 'no' in that position?

it may be a balk but i feel as though i've seen this way too many times for it to be called now.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Like I posted above, "balk rules are ambiguous to me ... I'll take the word of the ump and the homer announcers". I still don't see anything!

ditto.

and on another note, if the umps called every rule in the book, we wouldn't see a quality baseball game.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rules that are up for interpretation

balk rule

tuck rule

is she 17 or 18? :laugh3:

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD would have a field day with this lol

•Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust (PCP), and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

•He surrounded himself with a cohort of gangsters, and cut himself off from his family and teammates.

•Hernandez had so infuriated his head coach, Bill Belichick, with missed practices and thug-life stunts, that he was one misstep from being cut.

•Both his parents, Dennis and Terri, had criminal records, as did much of his extended family.

•Terri allegedly cheated on Dennis before his death with a violent drug dealer named Jeffrey Cummings, then married Cummings after Dennis died and moved him into the house she shared with Aaron.

Whenever I'm feeling down, I read the Hernandez letter for a good luagh

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether or not that was in fact a balk, I'm giving Wash and Kinsler credit for having stolen third base. Kins is barely over 50% in SB attempts this year. Very gutsy call, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.