• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily Thread: Broom Weekend

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets might be in a better spot due to their division etc but I was just talking head to head.

No point in arguing it. You could be right. I see the Mets with the better pitching, and the Yanks will still have a better everyday lineup.

The question for the Yanks is: What do they do with Kuroda next season? Do you offer him another contract? He has been their best starter 2 years running.

Another question: Does Pettitte retire? If he doesn't, do the Yankees want him back, and at what price?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this was a Red Sox board?

the fuck?

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point in arguing it. You could be right. I see the Mets with the better pitching, and the Yanks will still have a better everyday lineup.

The question for the Yanks is: What do they do with Kuroda next season? Do you offer him another contract? He has been their best starter 2 years running.

Another question: Does Pettitte retire? If he doesn't, do the Yankees want him back, and at what price?

Pettitte will most likely retire I would guess, but if he wants to come back give him another year.

Kuroda has expressed interest in returning to Japan which would suck, but they either need some young guys to step up or take looks at guys like:

Garza

Burnett again

E Santana

etc.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettitte will most likely retire I would guess, but if he wants to come back give him another year.

Kuroda has expressed interest in returning to Japan which would suck, but they either need some young guys to step up or take looks at guys like:

Garza

Burnett again

E Santana

etc.

you want burnett back?

have you gone completely meshuggine?

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying I want him but I think they will need to look at all available options and their value when compared to cost.

zero chance yanks even consider burnett

no way

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this was a Red Sox board?

the fuck?

This ain't CBS, where the main MLB board was also a sub-board for Red Sox & Yankees fans.

Here on SportsHoopla, it seems ( by team board activity ), that the 2 teams with the most fans are the Rangers & Giants.

Just don't ask me to explain why this is, but, to me, it just is it seems.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want burnett back?

I read recently (last week) that Burnett really wants to stay in Pittsburgh. I think he may have even said Pittsburgh or retirement.

Has anyone heard anything on that?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want burnett back?

have you gone completely meshuggine?

Pre A.S game Burnett was a good pitcher, and would have been a fine # 3 on just about any staff. However, post A.S game, not so much.

And, since when has any team welcomed back a player, after signing said player to big contract, only for the player to woefully under-perform?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read recently (last week) that Burnett really wants to stay in Pittsburgh. I think he may have even said Pittsburgh or retirement.

Has anyone heard anything on that?

I haven't, but it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to stick with a franchise that has a better chance of being in the playoffs for the next several years.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee rookie hazing.

yankees-hazing.jpg

The lineup, from left to right -
Preston Claiborne (as Billy Ray Cyrus), Cesar Cabral (as Rick James), interpreter Jiwon Bang (as Psy), Brett Marshall (as Yoo Jae-Seok, one of the dancers in Psy’s “Gangnam Style” video), David Adams (as Vanilla Ice) and J.R. Murphy (as Justin Bieber).

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They brought Javy Vazquez back. After game 7 2004, they actually brought him back.

So anything's possible.

I agree I don't see it happening but not saying there isn't a chance. RSG disagreed.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I don't see it happening but not saying there isn't a chance. RSG disagreed.

burnett?

zero point zero chance he's a yankee again

better chance of seeing Dice K in that rotation

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
burnett?

zero point zero chance he's a yankee again

better chance of seeing Dice K in that rotation

I was saying it was a very slim/remote chance. I agree it looks like it will never happen, but as Nasty noted...not 100% out of the question. Even if they just kick the tires and he says no.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying it was a very slim/remote chance. I agree it looks like it will never happen, but as Nasty noted...not 100% out of the question. Even if they just kick the tires and he says no.

guess it's possible