• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade him if overwhelmed with a trade, but it would be too costly for most.
I truly think you would be better served to do what Monkee did and name a starting point, some times it pays off and if rejected no lost.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good @HaroldSeattle. I think we just got our wires mixed up, but highly doubt you would have put up enough to get me to consider trading him.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly think you would be better served to do what Monkee did and name a starting point, some times it pays off and if rejected no lost.

Before joining these MBBRL leagues almost all leagues I was in, had few or no trades. It is an area of FF that I am not that good at, and the few times I made a trade it always turned out bad for me. So I tend to be a hard person to trade with.

Example in one league I had 3 top QBs and one of the guys offered me a RB2 and a WR3 for Big Ben. The following week both the RB and WR got injured for the year.

In the MBBRL the few trades I have made some have been good and some have been really bad.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before joining these MBBRL leagues almost all leagues I was in, had few or no trades. It is an area of FF that I am not that good at, and the few times I made a trade it always turned out bad for me. So I tend to be a hard person to trade with.

Example in one league I had 3 top QBs and one of the guys offered me a RB2 and a WR3 for Big Ben. The following week both the RB and WR got injured for the year.

In the MBBRL the few trades I have made some have been good and some have been really bad.
Yes but I bet you better informed now then you were then. Also I might add that I've shown that I'm willing to over pay if I really want someone, not that I would have in this case, but looking at a roster and naming a price that works for you is the smart thing to do IMO, not encouraging someone to make a insulting offer, but never hurts to aim high high when you receive a trade inquiry for a player you got hopes for.
As for players getting injured for the year, heck it could of been Ben that got injured for the year. Best you can do is judge if a player is injury prone. Besides if you had two other top QBs what good was a third except as a trading chip?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't beat yourself up for that one. .just bad luck, it happens to the best of us. Getting two weekly starters for a QB not named Luck Rodgers is pretty impressive

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't beat yourself up for that one. .just bad luck, it happens to the best of us. Getting two weekly starters for a QB not named Luck Rodgers is pretty impressive
I remember trading for AP the week before he got suspended.:L Dang gave up a boatload for him. You just chalk it up to bad, bad luck.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but I bet you better informed now then you were then. Also I might add that I've shown that I'm willing to over pay if I really want someone, not that I would have in this case, but looking at a roster and naming a price that works for you is the smart thing to do IMO, not encouraging someone to make a insulting offer, but never hurts to aim high high when you receive a trade inquiry for a player you got hopes for.
As for players getting injured for the year, heck it could of been Ben that got injured for the year. Best you can do is judge if a player is injury prone. Besides if you had two other top QBs what good was a third except as a trading chip?

I am learning how to trade, still suck at it but learn from each one. No more trading C J Anderson for Denard Robinson. That might have been my worse. But in my defense that year I was working 7 days aweek 12-15 hours a day. So I made a trade for someone I wanted and way overpaid.

That was my luck with trades, it was just an example of the bad luck I tended to have. On the other side of it, I made a trade my first year in MBBRL where I traded away Brady and kept kicking myself over the trade until I realized who that Beckham kid was that was part of what I got back.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Fantrax seems to like my team, at least for week 1

upload_2016-7-22_15-8-31.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yes, I went to the site looking for Fitzgerald Toussaint.

upload_2016-7-22_15-9-26.png

DAMN YOU!!!!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these valuable rookies getting cut in D2. Shocker.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@obxyankeefan

I have a trade to announce. Do we just do it on Fantrax, or do we have to announce it here and have you push it through? It does involve draft picks in '17, if that makes any difference.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@obxyankeefan

I have a trade to announce. Do we just do it on Fantrax, or do we have to announce it here and have you push it through? It does involve draft picks in '17, if that makes any difference.

I did send it on fantrax so you can accept on there and I put the pick exchange in the comments just so we could have a record of it but I do think the picks are up to obx to keep track of for now. Not sure why they can't be traded on the site.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this could be a interesting trade. Tell us about it.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@obxyankeefan

I did send it on fantrax so you can accept on there and I put the pick exchange in the comments just so we could have a record of it but I do think the picks are up to obx to keep track of for now. Not sure why they can't be traded on the site.

I am out of the country until Thursday night. If y'all put the trade through on Fantrax, it will do the players. I will set up a draft board thread for next year when I get back to America Thursday night.

Fantrax charges for the trading of draft picks.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@obxyankeefan

I am out of the country until Thursday night. If y'all put the trade through on Fantrax, it will do the players. I will set up a draft board thread for next year when I get back to America Thursday night.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah ok gotcha thanks. So I take it we draft offline next year and then you can just input the players directly onto our teams after we draft them?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ok gotcha thanks. So I take it we draft offline next year and then you can just input the players directly onto our teams after we draft them?

They allow trading draft picks of the current season for free, he just can't swap the 2017 picks until this season is over

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They allow trading draft picks of the current season for free, he just can't swap the 2017 picks until this season is over

In other words, we just have to keep track manually