• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing on the draft @TREFF and anyone else. If you pass a pick and have another pick later in the draft, you can still use that later pick. Say you pass your fourth round pick, but someone drops Kyle Rudolph. When your fifth round pick comes around you can pick up Rudolph and drop a player off your roster.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is the advantage really? Someone has a fringe roster player on his roster or they don't have to drop someone went making a late round draft selection? Unless we get into a spot that someone has 4 or 5 picks in the first couple of rounds. I just don't see it as an advantage that is worth all the extra work that it puts on your plate.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that fringe player turns out to be an unforeseen starter like Thomas Rawls in 2015.

As far as the extra work, the IR will be just changing a rule when I bump the rosters up. Then changing it back when I drop the rosters back down. Not hard. Also before our draft starts I will have to go into every team and add up the counter Fantrax has to on total players. This is actually more time waiting for the page to load then it is actual work.

The big work load for me is the beginning of August making sure everyone is back down to 20. The rest of it is not really a problem.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obx, I'm good with whatever is decided about IR and tanking.
I have 2 players on IR but I'm in no hurry to make a decision on them.
(I did plan on dropping 2 players to reactivate them.)

But you also said...
1. Inactive still needs some discussion

What do we need to discuss? Frequency? Dismissal?

I'd be willing to adopt any "rules" (or at least a similar modification for D2) regarding inactivity as outlined in the MBBRL.
This is from the league constitution under III League Playing Rules article v:

v. You must at all times have a full roster that includes at least one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one flex, one tight end, one kicker, and one team defense. It is important to remember that due to overall league structure; total points have a bearing on relegation, the number of teams moving up or down, playoff rank, and oblivion. As such the below penalties have been established to ensure overall league integrity. (amended for 2017):
You are allowed to leave a player in that is on bye or injured during the season - the strategy of holding a star is understood, as is the unavoidable last minute inactive. However, all efforts should be made to avoid this practice. As such, the second occurrence of leaving a player in that is on bye or injured will result in an 0-11 breakdown record for the week with no other repercussions in the standings or points. The third occurrence will result in a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and the owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The fourth will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as the owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found. (amended for 2017)
Failure to comply with the starter requirement (blank player) will always result in an illegal lineup and for the first occurrence the team will receive a loss in the standings and an 0-11 breakdown record for that week. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). On the 2nd occurrence of an illegal lineup the team owner will receive a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and that owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. Once again, the team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The 3rd occurrence of an illegal lineup will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as an owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found. (amended for 2017)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obx, I'm good with whatever is decided about IR and tanking.
I have 2 players on IR but I'm in no hurry to make a decision on them.
(I did plan on dropping 2 players to reactivate them.)

But you also said...

What do we need to discuss? Frequency? Dismissal?

I'd be willing to adopt any "rules" (or at least a similar modification for D2) regarding inactivity as outlined in the MBBRL.
This is from the league constitution under III League Playing Rules article v:

v. You must at all times have a full roster that includes at least one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one flex, one tight end, one kicker, and one team defense. It is important to remember that due to overall league structure; total points have a bearing on relegation, the number of teams moving up or down, playoff rank, and oblivion. As such the below penalties have been established to ensure overall league integrity. (amended for 2017):
You are allowed to leave a player in that is on bye or injured during the season - the strategy of holding a star is understood, as is the unavoidable last minute inactive. However, all efforts should be made to avoid this practice. As such, the second occurrence of leaving a player in that is on bye or injured will result in an 0-11 breakdown record for the week with no other repercussions in the standings or points. The third occurrence will result in a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and the owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The fourth will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as the owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found. (amended for 2017)
Failure to comply with the starter requirement (blank player) will always result in an illegal lineup and for the first occurrence the team will receive a loss in the standings and an 0-11 breakdown record for that week. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). On the 2nd occurrence of an illegal lineup the team owner will receive a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and that owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. Once again, the team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The 3rd occurrence of an illegal lineup will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as an owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found. (amended for 2017)
The constitution also stated the dynasties will all operate under their own rules. While we share the umbrella, inactives are a completely different beast in a Dynasty compared to a redraft, and they have to be governed differently.

We've still gotta have some standards, but they can't be quite so cut and dry as they are for the regular league, given the long term aspect of adding or dropping to fill an active roster every week

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Makes sense.
I'm still a newbie when it comes to dynasty.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe Treff is right in dynasty leagues inactive are going to happen. The issue with them in this league is they are counting as one of the tiebreaker and just using Fantrax as the determining factor caused problems last year.

We had one team that has their QB be on a bye and both of his backups got benched that week. The QB he played was on the NFL teams active roster, but Fantrax counted him as inactive because he didn't play. Because of the way I had been determining inactive all year it counted against the owner, but I could see why he was mad about it. A bye week or leaving that spot blank that week is definitely an inactive, but what about that guy who is a game time decision?

The inactive rule is staying where it is, but we need a more definite definition of what we want Inactive to mean.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what about that guy who is a game time decision?
We had this discussion about game-time players in the MBBRL too.

Let me just share my own experiences: I'm usually away from devices most Sundays mornings. So if I have a player that is a game time decision, I really have 2 options:
1. Risk that the player is active and keep him in the lineup. (Especially since alternative options may garner the same kind of fantasy points as a stud player less than 100%.)
2. Adjust your lineup and put in another player.​

With a short bench in redraft leagues, this can be a problem to weigh the advantage of cutting a bench player for a one-week plug-in player. I would imagine, this decision is even tougher for a deep 16-team dynasty league when alternative options are horribly thin, and cutting a bench player may mean forever.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings on a game time decision is it is an inactive.

1 you started a player that wasn't on his team's active roster that week.

2 If we start saying game time decisions are not inactive how far back in time do we go before the start of the game?

3 If we set a time on it, it becomes way to much work on the commish. And becomes more a chore for him then a fun hobby.

Now on the player that is active, but doesn't play I don't think that should cost people in the future.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't have an IR in the offseason. They should just go on your roster and count towards the 25.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't the point of the discussion and I'm slightly inebriated right now but I just wana say.... this is my first league with any of you on this site and it's been fantastic. I love how involved all of you are and how much you want to keep the leagues serious and fair. The fact that we have these discussions over what some leagues would consider insignificant issues is great to me. I don't agree with all of you on every issue (obviously - there's 16 of us it's just not realistic) but I can totally get behind how you all run a league and why you are so concerned with protecting it's future. The last thing I'd do is want to mess with the great community you all have for these leagues. Anywho really glad I'm in this league and if I get to be a part of MBBRL leagues moving forward great but I if not that's cool too because I totally get why you all want to keep this stuff from being damaged or risked in any way and there's a lot of great candidates *cough* femur *cough* so regardless I'm in on this league as long as I can be and hopefully many others.

:suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR should just go away during the off season imo

I'm with this. If I'm understanding this correctly, they can be stashed on IR? I think they should have to be added to the active roster at some point before the draft, or put back into the draft pool.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 - saw it, I'll let ya know this afternoon.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with everything that gets decided, I have zero IR players and never tank in any league, period.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Ir once season ends IR should start only after the draft is totally complete

Think about it if you have an ir spot during a draft certain teams would actually be rostering more than 25

So potentially you could draft in round 4 a player that I might of had

Ie: you have 2 players on ir during draft thus you still draft in rounds 4 and 5 to replace them

However if the 2 studs were not on ir then you would be more likely to pass round 4 and 5

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still be in the market for a RB......just like every other team in this league........