• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle @TREFF @Chef99 @ehb5 @femurov @averagejoe @bksballer89 @Barilko @MilkSpiller22 @tlance @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @SoShady @Stomp @SmokingMonkey

Last week I brought up two issues on here. Basically what we have from them is

1. Inactive still needs some discussion
2. Tanking....We don't need any new rules about it, but obvious tanking is cause for dismissal from the league.

A new issue that is being discussed in D1 and never crossed my mind is stashing players on the IR during the draft. I am going to propose that you can keep players on the IR, but they will count towards your 25 roster spots during the draft.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle @TREFF @Chef99 @ehb5 @femurov @averagejoe @bksballer89 @Barilko @MilkSpiller22 @tlance @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @SoShady @Stomp @SmokingMonkey

2. Tanking....We don't need any new rules about it, but obvious tanking is cause for dismissal from the league.

A new issue that is being discussed in D1 and never crossed my mind is stashing players on the IR during the draft. I am going to propose that you can keep players on the IR, but they will count towards your 25 roster spots during the draft.
Sounds fair.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make a maxima of keepers then this discussion would be irrelevant.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good to me

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make a maxima of keepers then this discussion would be irrelevant.

No it would still be there. Right now the max players on your roster is 25, but IR spots do not count towards that. I believe I can go in there during the off season and make them count towards your 25, but I don't want to do that without getting people's feelings on the issue.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally said draft in post #782, but I should have said off season. If that makes a difference speak up.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it would still be there. Right now the max players on your roster is 25, but IR spots do not count towards that. I believe I can go in there during the off season and make them count towards your 25, but I don't want to do that without getting people's feelings on the issue.
If IR counts towards our 25, and we have a 5 round draft, and then back to 20 by preseason, then if we were to choose to keep IR open, and count towards that 20, than does that mean we'd need to lose draft spots?

Could get complicated

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If IR counts towards our 25, and we have a 5 round draft, and then back to 20 by preseason, then if we were to choose to keep IR open, and count towards that 20, than does that mean we'd need to lose draft spots?

Could get complicated

Once you reach 25, if you still have draft picks available you would either pass those picks or drop someone in order to make a pick. When we drop back to 20 at the start of the preseason, the IR spots no longer count against your roster.

In D1 we have a strict IR. If a player is taken off, he must be removed on your team. In D2 we have a more conventional IR, where if someone is removed in real life you can keep that person on the IR but you can't make any moves until you do something with him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you reach 25, if you still have draft picks available you would either pass those picks or drop someone in order to make a pick. When we drop back to 20 at the start of the preseason, the IR spots no longer count against your roster.

In D1 we have a strict IR. If a player is taken off, he must be removed on your team. In D2 we have a more conventional IR, where if someone is removed in real life you can keep that person on the IR but you can't make any moves until you do something with him.
So to make sure I'm getting it correctly..if I've got 2 dudes on IR, I can use my first 3 draft picks, after that I've gotta make a move, or forfeit any remaining picks..right?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to make sure I'm getting it correctly..if I've got 2 dudes on IR, I can use my first 3 draft picks, after that I've gotta make a move, or forfeit any remaining picks..right?

Yes, same as we did in D1 last year. Once you have reached your max your draft pick becomes like a FA pickup. If you decide someone on the Rookie/FA list is better than someone on your roster, you can make the move. If you decide there is no one left that improves your team you pass.

The bump of the off season roster should minimize this, but it will still happen in the later rounds. I.E. I right now have 20 players on my roster and six draft picks. When I get to that last pick I have to decide what I want to do.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a issue with putting a guy on IR if he's hurt. But never heard of it actually counting toward your roster. Kind of defeats the purpose of even doing it imo.

On a side note I attempted to cut S Smith today. With his retirement and all he's just taking up space. But the action was blocked on fantrax.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a issue with putting a guy on IR if he's hurt. But never heard of it actually counting toward your roster. Kind of defeats the purpose of even doing it imo.

On a side note I attempted to cut S Smith today. With his retirement and all he's just taking up space. But the action was blocked on fantrax.

Did you do it on the 2016 or 2017 league. Unfortunately to start a new season we have to reup the league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, same as we did in D1 last year. Once you have reached your max your draft pick becomes like a FA pickup. If you decide someone on the Rookie/FA list is better than someone on your roster, you can make the move. If you decide there is no one left that improves your team you pass.

The bump of the off season roster should minimize this, but it will still happen in the later rounds. I.E. I right now have 20 players on my roster and six draft picks. When I get to that last pick I have to decide what I want to do.
Cool, I can live with it working that way, if it counts towards the roster max, there's no "stashing".

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried it in the 2017 league.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried it in the 2017 league.

He is dropped now. I didn't realize the option to lock pickups before the draft also locks drops.

If anybody else is looking to drop people let Harold or me know so we can take care of it for you.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During the off season everyone should come off the IR in real life. The part about the IR counting towards your total players is only in the off season, once we dropped back to 20 at the start of the preseason, anyone on the IR. Does not count towards your roster. So say you have Steve Smith and the Ravens put him on the IR/PUP in July. Until we drop down he counts against your 25, but during the drop you can move him to the IR and he will not count towards your 20.

Confusing, and a lot for me to keep track of but I know that with the off season bump we added.