• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D-Will

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance.

I don't understand why we re-signed Brook Lopez either.

I vote for giving the whole team away, fire sale style, moving the team back to NJ and going back to the days where I spent almost as much on a beer and a hot dog as a ticket to get into the game.

I should be richer and more mature than I was back then, but I'm not.

No team has ever done more to sacrifice it's future in the history of sports I'm pretty sure.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs don't really have a choice, they have to try to compete with Dirk's window closing after he took a big paycut. It's D-Will or bust for them at this point.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking to myself where does Dallas have the cap room to sign williams then I remembered Jordan bailed lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As part of his buyout arrangement w/Nets, Deron Williams expected to get in the $25-to-$30 million range and then add Mavs deal on top of it

Geez.

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As part of his buyout arrangement w/Nets, Deron Williams expected to get in the $25-to-$30 million range and then add Mavs deal on top of it

Geez.
Divorces are messy my brother......!!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavericks and Cuban are going to finally realize that they are entering the gut-wrenching process of going full rebuild mode just like the Celtics and Lakers. Unless you keep up with properly adding fresh new pieces as you go like the Spurs, full rebuild mode is inevitable.

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to hear if Mavs fans think that D Will and Mathews are enough to make up the loss of Monte and Chandler. Are they good enough to make the playoffs in the West?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to hear if Mavs fans think that D Will and Mathews are enough to make up the loss of Monte and Chandler. Are they good enough to make the playoffs in the West?

No.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better chance than the Lakers.
Monte will be missed more than Chandler. Puchuli (?) can protect the rim and grab some rebounds.
Devon Harris and D-Will are going to have to make up for Ellis' points but with a healthy Parsons, the playoffs aren't out of the question.

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better chance than the Lakers.
Monte will be missed more than Chandler. Puchuli (?) can protect the rim and grab some rebounds.
Devon Harris and D-Will are going to have to make up for Ellis' points but with a healthy Parsons, the playoffs aren't out of the question.
Good point, but I don't think the Lakers have a chance at all. It is going to be hard when the Thunder, Jazz and even the Kings are knocking on the door of the playoffs. It means some teams have to go. Probably Portland, but other than them I think its a race between the Mavs, Kings, Thunder, Jazz, and Pelicans

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, but I don't think the Lakers have a chance at all. It is going to be hard when the Thunder, Jazz and even the Kings are knocking on the door of the playoffs. It means some teams have to go. Probably Portland, but other than them I think its a race between the Mavs, Kings, Thunder, Jazz, and Pelicans

Some fans enjoy first round exits.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The playoffs aren't even on the Lakers radar right now. Waaaay too much would have to fall perfectly in place for them to even sniff a 7 or 8 seed. This season will be about the development of guys like Randle, Russell, Clarkson and maybe Upshaw and seeing what Hibbert, Lou Williams and Bass can bring to the team.

If they play well enough this season to be attractive to players in the next FA class, then they will have had a solid season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread pisses me off and I'm not only not a Mavs fan, but I can't stand Cuban. Love me some Dirk though.

This is more of the fallout of what Jordan did to you guys. Went from being one of the FA winners to Zaza Pachulia and considering tanking vs. getting Deron Williams out the Brooklyn dumpster fire.

I'm a Clipper fan, and even I know this sucks.

D Will is done.

But, at least he's only on a $5 mil per deal.

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs aren't even on the Lakers radar right now. Waaaay too much would have to fall perfectly in place for them to even sniff a 7 or 8 seed. This season will be about the development of guys like Randle, Russell, Clarkson and maybe Upshaw and seeing what Hibbert, Lou Williams and Bass can bring to the team.

If they play well enough this season to be attractive to players in the next FA class, then they will have had a solid season.
I agree with you the Lakers are not in position to be contending for the playoffs. Nor would they want to. They would be a for sure first round exit so why not try to get into the lottery again? Sorry Kobe, you're past your prime and so is your team

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year will basically be laying the foundation for post-Kobe and the good-bye tour for the same. Anything above that will be a bonus.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you the Lakers are not in position to be contending for the playoffs. Nor would they want to. They would be a for sure first round exit so why not try to get into the lottery again? Sorry Kobe, you're past your prime and so is your team

Could have been worse, he could have taken a substantial pay cut only to field a lackluster supporting staff like Dirk.

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have been worse, he could have taken a substantial pay cut only to field a lackluster supporting staff like Dirk.
That is why there should be some type of salary cap exception for veterans who have been on the team for so long. I agree with you, Kobe should get PAID! But it also shouldn't hurt his team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why there should be some type of salary cap exception for veterans who have been on the team for so long. I agree with you, Kobe should get PAID! But it also shouldn't hurt his team

Not a bad idea. A "years of service" bonus that doesn't count against the cap. It's commendable that guys like Timmy, Dirk and Parker are willing to take pay cuts to help their team improve. But why should they have to?

Also, if it's only given to guys who have a certain number of years with the same team, it might encourage more top players to stay with their teams.

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea. A "years of service" bonus that doesn't count against the cap. It's commendable that guys like Timmy, Dirk and Parker are willing to take pay cuts to help their team improve. But why should they have to?

Also, if it's only given to guys who have a certain number of years with the same team, it might encourage more top players to stay with their teams.
I totally agree. When players would stay with one team, the game had more integrity. Now free agency is a show where teams have to entertain their potential guest. Like the United Center in Chicago having a huge banner for Melo last summer. That was just embarrassing.