• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I need to research this a bit more
From ESPN:

Details of the shoulder/collarbone injury sustained by Patriots rookie WR Tyquan Thornton are still to be learned, but a source indicated Thornton is expected to miss time extending into the regular season. However, the source said it is not considered season ending. Thornton played 13 offensive snaps and 1 special teams snap in Friday's preseason win over the Panthers, with the team ruling him out in the second half.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well supported - interesting read.
Cuts are tomorrow but we might be done today. Don't know that we would cut all 3 of these tomorrow.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess IMO.

Thorton and Wilkerson will be on the 53 man roster for about 15 minutes. Then both will be placed on IR allowing Jordan and Nixon to have spots.

There are 16 PS spots and Bill is already working on those with the guys who be placed on it.

He only has to cut about 3 or 4 guys by 4:00 tomorrow and that shouldn't be extremely difficult. My guess is that they've already been notified and we won't see them again.

If word is out that Isiah Wynn might be traded, and it's leaked already to NFL Network, then the deal must be just about done. Or it is done and hasn't been announced because both teams want it kept quiet until the games are over this week. Two easy ways to tell are if Wynn doesn't go to Vegas or doesn't play in Vegas but is dressed. Bill doesn't allow any player to be on the sideline out of uniform. If the Patriots get a draft pick, it figure it will be a fourth or fifth round. OTs have a lot of value, especially if they can play both sides.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess IMO.

Thorton and Wilkerson will be on the 53 man roster for about 15 minutes. Then both will be placed on IR allowing Jordan and Nixon to have spots.

There are 16 PS spots and Bill is already working on those with the guys who be placed on it.

He only has to cut about 3 or 4 guys by 4:00 tomorrow and that shouldn't be extremely difficult. My guess is that they've already been notified and we won't see them again.

If word is out that Isiah Wynn might be traded, and it's leaked already to NFL Network, then the deal must be just about done. Or it is done and hasn't been announced because both teams want it kept quiet until the games are over this week. Two easy ways to tell are if Wynn doesn't go to Vegas or doesn't play in Vegas but is dressed. Bill doesn't allow any player to be on the sideline out of uniform. If the Patriots get a draft pick, it figure it will be a fourth or fifth round. OTs have a lot of value, especially if they can play both sides.

I agree about Thorton and Wilkerson.

I won't be surprised if Wynn is in Vegas this week IN A RAIDERS UNIFORM! And I think you're right about it being a fourth or fifth rounder, more likely a fifth.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Thorton and Wilkerson.

I won't be surprised if Wynn is in Vegas this week IN A RAIDERS UNIFORM! And I think you're right about it being a fourth or fifth rounder, more likely a fifth.
Seems a 4th is reasonable. It's not like he's an absolute bust. Know if this is strictly about clearing cap space then I can work with a 5th if the intent is to expedite a deal

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be too many teams willing to take on his 10+ million dollar salary.

I read an article(don't remember where) the other day that stated that very thing. With his injury history 10 million is probably too steep for other teams to jump on it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we cut down to 80 without losing anybody.
We must cut to 53 by the 30th. Expect to see some lockers start emtying Saturday, after the game.....
A lot are easy cuts but 27 players? Tough as usual.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have two frogs that are alarm clocks. Every morning around 5:30 am there's one outside my bedroom window and he sings to one outside my wife's bedroom window. I haven't been able to catch them. I bought a couple of rubber snakes on Amazon this morning. Two for the frogs and one for the miserable little furball that's eating all of the pecans in the tree I resurrected.

Back to football: Watching the Bengals and Rams last night and the Bengals GM was talking about the final cut down to 53 on Tuesday and how he was hoping that the 13 guys they have already identified for the squad don't get picked off. All I could do was smile. Does he really believe that he has 13 guys that would be starters elsewhere that will be on his PS?

Tuesday 8/30 at 4:00 PM the bell will toll. At least we've had more than ample opportunity to see the non-starters this year. Who will be the surprises and make the 53 man roster?

My surprise picks:

Pierre Strong RB
Brendan Schooler SS/ST
Tre Nixon WR
Lil Jordan Humphrey WR
Cody Russey C/OG
Bailey Zappe QB

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have two frogs that are alarm clocks. Every morning around 5:30 am there's one outside my bedroom window and he sings to one outside my wife's bedroom window. I haven't been able to catch them. I bought a couple of rubber snakes on Amazon this morning. Two for the frogs and one for the miserable little furball that's eating all of the pecans in the tree I resurrected.

Back to football: Watching the Bengals and Rams last night and the Bengals GM was talking about the final cut down to 53 on Tuesday and how he was hoping that the 13 guys they have already identified for the squad don't get picked off. All I could do was smile. Does he really believe that he has 13 guys that would be starters elsewhere that will be on his PS?

Tuesday 8/30 at 4:00 PM the bell will toll. At least we've had more than ample opportunity to see the non-starters this year. Who will be the surprises and make the 53 man roster?

My surprise picks:

Pierre Strong RB
Brendan Schooler SS/ST
Tre Nixon WR
Lil Jordan Humphrey WR
Cody Russey C/OG
Bailey Zappe QB
Once Montgomery went down Strong became a near lock. Tre Nixon only has preseason flashes, not enough to make the team. Schooler (?), you been talking to Zolak? Russey, another much talked about backup and Zappe has always been a near lock in year 1.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Montgomery went down Strong became a near lock. Tre Nixon only has preseason flashes, not enough to make the team. Schooler (?), you been talking to Zolak? Russey, another much talked about backup and Zappe has always been a near lock in year 1.
What about the frogs? 8^)

Report: More tests for Pats WR Ty Montgomery (ankle)​

Originally posted on Field Level Media | Last updated 8/27/22

New England Patriots wide receiver Ty Montgomery will have more tests Saturday on his injured right ankle.
He had to be helped off the field after getting hurt in the first quarter of Friday's 23-6 preseason loss at Las Vegas.
Coach Bill Belichick confirmed Saturday that Montgomery, 29, flew back with the team after the game.
The Patriots signed Montgomery to a two-year, $3.6 million contract in free agency in March.
He caught 16 passes for 95 yards and rushed for 44 yards in 14 games (three starts) with New Orleans last season.
A third-round pick by Green Bay in 2015, Montgomery has 1,104 receiving yards and 1,180 rushing yards with 10 touchdowns in 78 games (20 starts) with the Packers (2015-18), Baltimore Ravens (2018), New York Jets (2019) and Saints.

Patriots WR Tyquan Thornton Has Surgery To Repair Broken Clavicle, Out 6-8 Weeks​

Originally posted on NFLTradeRumors.co
By Wyatt Grindley | Last updated 8/27/22
Jeremy Fowler reports that Patriots second-round WR Tyquan Thornton underwent successful surgery on his broken clavicle and is expected to recover in 6-8 weeks depending on the healing process.
He was expected to be featured in the Patriots’ offense this season, but things will have to be put on hold for now.
Thornton, 21, was a second-team All-Big 12 selection in 2021. He initially committed to the University of Florida before switching his decision to Baylor. The Patriots used the No. 50 overall pick on him in the 2022 NFL Draft.

He signed a four-year, $7,053,857 rookie contract that includes a $2,310,078 signing bonus.
During his four-year career at Baylor, Thornton had 143 receptions for 2,242 yards (15.7 YPC) and 14 touchdowns.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the frogs? 8^)
I have no experience with frogs beyond catching them as a kid. What I remember most about that experience has more to do with leeches.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no experience with frogs beyond catching them as a kid. What I remember most about that experience has more to do with leeches.
Frog legs taste good. I would not trust Florida frogs, they could be poisonous african frogs!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My surprise picks:

Pierre Strong RB
Brendan Schooler SS/ST
Tre Nixon WR
Lil Jordan Humphrey WR
Cody Russey C/OG
Bailey Zappe QB
These are surprise picks to make roster?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are surprise picks to make roster?
I call them that because we'll be surprised at the guys whose places they take.

We all have our opinions and likes and dislikes. Recent injuries will also throw butter into the whipped cream.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all have our opinions and likes and dislikes. Recent injuries will also throw butter into the whipped cream.
I get that. I just figured those two as locks. We mostly carry three QBs, and Strong has the tool BB likes, good hands, speed, but in the end we will see.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll call Mac Jones my surprise pick because I think he'll throw a few picks this year that will surprise us.