• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the way he has been playing. He has been our best receiver lately.....
Doesn't really match up with this? I posted this in the James White retires thread the other day. However, it does seem more promising regardless. I'm pretty satisfied with this corps of WRs. Just need to sure up that Oline and I think we'll have a pretty good season. Tough 1st four games to start.

Mia, Pit, Bal, GB
Screenshot_20220816-110437_Facebook.jpg

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really match up with this? I posted this in the James White retires thread the other day. However, it does seem more promising regardless. I'm pretty satisfied with this corps of WRs. Just need to sure up that Oline and I think we'll have a pretty good season. Tough 1st four games to start.

Mia, Pit, Bal, GB
View attachment 305414
Not really sure what the proves?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure what the proves?
I was just replying to others that had mentioned Agoholor had been very effective during camp. The chart says otherwise. While also mentioning that Harris with 16 receptions and Stevevson with 9 could potentially fill the void left by White. As I was a proponent of looking into going after Hunt.

It wasn't meant to prove anything. Just shed some light and opinion.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just replying to others that had mentioned Agoholor had been very effective during camp. The chart says otherwise. While also mentioning that Harris with 16 receptions and Stevevson with 9 could potentially fill the void left by White. As I was a proponent of looking into going after Hunt.

I guess my point is that with this new offense targeting the vets to see if they are in sync makes sense. I know Strong has been limited for some medical reason, but I recently read b/c of his pass catching skills he was getting a lot of the reps White would have been getting. I think it's safe to say there is a RB battle in NE and these two rookies are getting a long hard look. I suspect they both might get a spot with Stevenson

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What it proves to me is that throws to receivers are not based on trying to win but - practice!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it proves to me is that throws to receivers are not based on trying to win but - practice!
Because you practice to win.

Practice doesn't make perfect.

Perfect practice makes perfect.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it how you want.

Run plays at half speed with no contact or full speed with contact. Which makes you better?

Depends on what you are trying to work on.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you are trying to work on.
What everyone is trying to work on, winning.

Naturally you need to crawl before you walk and walk before you run. At a certain point you need to take the training wheels off.

You can't practice half speed and expect to execute properly at game speed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel BB is bright enough to give everyone a fair shot and not averse to telling someone run it again, run it again. If he want a WR to cut at six yards and he cuts a four, your gonna hear, Run it Again

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What everyone is trying to work on, winning.

Naturally you need to crawl before you walk and walk before you run. At a certain point you need to take the training wheels off.

You can't practice half speed and expect to execute properly at game speed.

I'm thinking of when I was at training camp and watching some RB's work on pass blocking. The coach wanted to work on hand placement and getting them used to firing from a low position. He told them to go slow so they can feel how it should be. One RB decided to go full speed and no only did he end up almost hurting one of the top RB's on the team (this was a guy that was just cut by the Broncos) but he didn't even do the drill right and found himself almost falling over because he was trying to prove himself and hit as hard as he could. So the entire thing was bad and he almost hurt someone.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice is practice. The more practice, the better the practice. Practice is never the game. No one can match the intensity of a game in practice, regardless of the effort. The closest that practice can come to a game is what the Patriots and Panthers are doing right now, practicing against an opponent. Until the ball is kicked off, the practice will be controlled. The game will not.

In other words, practice as hard as possible and that effort will be surpassed with the extra adrenalin produced in a game. The reward for that effort in practice generally will result in superior play in a game. Practice to just get in a practice will produce nothing in a game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of when I was at training camp and watching some RB's work on pass blocking. The coach wanted to work on hand placement and getting them used to firing from a low position. He told them to go slow so they can feel how it should be. One RB decided to go full speed and no only did he end up almost hurting one of the top RB's on the team (this was a guy that was just cut by the Broncos) but he didn't even do the drill right and found himself almost falling over because he was trying to prove himself and hit as hard as he could. So the entire thing was bad and he almost hurt someone.
Well of course considering the coach had told them to go slow. Luckily someone didn't knock the snot out of him after that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course considering the coach had told them to go slow. Luckily someone didn't knock the snot out of him after that.

Right which is why I'm saying that sometimes when especially in teaching mode they like to go half speed to do it right and make sure everyone is on the same page. More beneficial than everyone going full speed and not knowing what they are doing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right which is why I'm saying that sometimes when especially in teaching mode they like to go half speed to do it right and make sure everyone is on the same page. More beneficial than everyone going full speed and not knowing what they are doing.
But you're taking the original posts out of context.

This had morphed from three different threads.

One that started with why we didn't need a RB like Hunt.

Two that Agoholor has been the most productive WR so far during camp.

2nd part of two; Harris and Stevenson holding their own as 3rd down backs with the receptions they have accumulated already.

Third was why didn't the NE starters play in the 1st pre season game. Which took on a life of it's own. Everything from playing a couple series. Can't play scared worried about getting injured. What's the difference playing them in game 1 or 3 of pre season. To just practicing at half speed won't get you game ready. I used the anology practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

Maybe I should've used train as you fight? Crawl, walk, run I did finally use. Take the training wheels off... I'm sure there are lots I missed.

There is always going to be teaching points where they need to slow down. But we're two pre season games away from the NFL season. Time to practice like it. This isn't OTAs and mini camp.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice is practice. The more practice, the better the practice. Practice is never the game. No one can match the intensity of a game in practice, regardless of the effort. The closest that practice can come to a game is what the Patriots and Panthers are doing right now, practicing against an opponent. Until the ball is kicked off, the practice will be controlled. The game will not.

In other words, practice as hard as possible and that effort will be surpassed with the extra adrenalin produced in a game. The reward for that effort in practice generally will result in superior play in a game. Practice to just get in a practice will produce nothing in a game.
I disagree with the first statement, you can match game intensity, that why fights are breaking out. But I agree it comes in waves since the games are much shorter than practices. However it's the controlled environment that makes a bigger difference. Especially the scripting of plays where everything works as expected in practice (once executional aspects become routine) but in games a defense adds more variables.