• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he gets healthy and comes back. I hate having lack of talent at the FB position.

The good news is that you don't hear any hint that Robinson is considering retiring, so it most likely is something that will be a short term kind of thing.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling that might happen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to start a list of Seahawks cuts signing else where.

Sean McGrath signs with the Chiefs.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really once Stephen Williams emerged it was clear it was between him and Harper for the final spot. The more camp went on, the less Harper showed. I though even Clark, Swain and Walters showed more then Harper. The only reason I think he was being considered for the practice squad is because he was a 4th round pick.
If our 8th best receiver is good enough to make the Niners squad really then I think that speaks volumes about the depth at that position between the two teams.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stephen Williams can stay healthy he could turn out to be a real gem. Larry Fitzgerald once said that Williams was the Cardinals next future #1 receiver..

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the practice squad
Hawks practice squad: DT Michael Brooks, LB Ty Powell, TE Cooper Helfet, G Ryan Seymour, DB DeShawn Shead, DT Sealver Siliga, WR Bryan Walters, G Jared Smith

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From a 9ers fan perspective my speculation for Harper is that they intend to convert Harper into that H-Back role we had with Delanie Walker and not used as a WR. In terms of measurable they are pretty close and Harper appears to be a pretty strong guy which would make him useful as a blocker as well.

MarQueis Gray was going to be developed for that role but he was claimed by the Browns and never made it to the PS so my guess is the Harper move was in response to losing Gray.

So I think this is a case of another man's trash is another man's treasure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team aside, lets hope Robinson gets back to health for his purpose. He is quite a good guy and has done so much for this team and our entertainment on and off the field. Saddens me, if its that serious. :frown:

At wideout, we even get deeper at the position with Turbin lining up out there.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a 9ers fan perspective my speculation for Harper is that they intend to convert Harper into that H-Back role we had with Delanie Walker and not used as a WR. In terms of measurable they are pretty close and Harper appears to be a pretty strong guy which would make him useful as a blocker as well.

MarQueis Gray was going to be developed for that role but he was claimed by the Browns and never made it to the PS so my guess is the Harper move was in response to losing Gray.

More like "We want to get our hands on the playbook details and inside info to prep for Sept 15. Sign him to the PS."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like "We want to get our hands on the playbook details and inside info to prep for Sept 15. Sign him to the PS."

Nah, just how much could a green rookie with limited reps provide?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough Jikkle, but he has to be able to catch the ball. We weren't happy to jettison a 4th rounder but our HC and GM have shown if a guy doesn't cut it, he ain't going to make our 53.
In Harper's 4th preseason game which is a show us what you got game, he was 1 for 3 targets, 2 drops, one being a flat gimme TD the hit him between the 1 and the 7 on his jersey.
At that point, most of us were hoping he would not get claimed and would make it to our PS cuz he wasn't ready for our 53. If I was a 9er, I would be glad my team is giving him a shot. Time will tell how he pans out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, just how much could a green rookie with limited reps provide?

They're paying for a playbook debrief. End of story.

Harper showed nothing in the preseason games and was constantly getting burned and dropping balls against our defense at practices. He's a longterm project and the 49ers are in the same boat as us. They want to win a SB this year. You don't keep longterm projects on your roster, even PS in years like that.

Yet, the 49ers (Of all the WRs released during the 53 cut) sign Chris Harper. Give me a break.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think some rookie with limit reps knows the limited playbook that every team uses in preseason will reveal the Seahawks secrets?:lol: He hasn't even seen the real playbook for Christ's Sakes. Harbaugh just wants to show that the Seahawks blew it and he with all his genius will turn this player into someone productive. That's it IMO!:laugh3:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pretend scenario of Harbaugh asking Harper for Seahawks play book!

Harbaugh: OK tell me about the play book.
Harper: What do you mean?
Harbaugh: Tell me what your keys were when you went out for a pass.
Harper: Well we didn't actual get to that part, they just told me to go 5 yards and then slant inside.
Harbaugh: Well they must of gave you some options depending on what the defender was doing.
Harper: Err maybe but I hadn't yet learned them.
Harbaugh: Geez Christ you'll never be a WR, maybe Roman can turn you into H-back or some thing.

Hey Roman come here damn it! You got to turn this dude from a lemon into lemonade, I'm getting tried of looking like a smuck for picking up Seahawks cast offs. I just need to find one that can give me some pay back for what they did with Sherman for God Sakes!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the denial fest going on at the SF board on this subject right now. They're trying to spin this so badly, even though they know the truth.