• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts down to 53-man Roster

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One cut in and my 53-man projection crumbles. Ugh. To be fair, I did mine before Dixon started to play like it mattered. Very interested to see what we do at QB.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Cartwright may make the team with Jones being traded. As far as Dixon, my hope is that he will continue to play with the passion and decisive cutting that he displayed in the preseason. Don't want him reverting back to the old 49er AD once he knows he is on the roster.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought Cartwright was going to make it as well as an ST ace but this is what competition does and it lit a fire in Dixon and to his credit he stepped up his game.

And while it's not an actual cut Colin Jones was traded so that's another one down as well.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Cartwright may make the team with Jones being traded. As far as Dixon, my hope is that he will continue to play with the passion and decisive cutting that he displayed in the preseason. Don't want him reverting back to the old 49er AD once he knows he is on the roster.

For me the "new" AD hasn't looked THAT much different than the "old" AD?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that a good thing or a bad thing (meaning he's always looked pretty good or always looked pretty bad)?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Agreed but he has been hitting the holes harder lately with less dancing and is starting to look like the player Baalke envisioned when he drafted him.

The only thing that saved him was he's a good ST contributor still and it looks like he can run the rock better than Cartwright and have more upside.

While he made the roster this year I still think he's on the razors edge of it and he's gotta keep improving if he wants to stay on it. I'm sure the team wants him to fill Jacobs role sooner rather than later.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock Cartwright is the first to go

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One cut in and my 53-man projection crumbles. Ugh. To be fair, I did mine before Dixon started to play like it mattered.

LOL!!! Always an excuse for Crimsoncrew. Just funnin' with you - :peace:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stunned Brian Hoyer got cut. I know there are a lot of scouts out there who think he can be a starter in this league. That shows the Pats must have faith in Ryan Mallett.

Editt: The also cut Koppen and Branch. Are they really close to the salary cap or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Dixon has been somewhat more decisive than he has been over the past two years. He's been fairly good at making one cut and getting upfield. He still runs kind of high, and frankly I think he was better in the open field two years ago, but if he can contribute on STs and at FB, I don't mind keeping him over a guy like Cartwright who is all STs.

Somewhat on topic, was anyone else irritated by the announcers saying that Kendall Hunter's year last year was the best season as a backup RB since Kevan Barlow? I was like, "Ummmm, Frank Gore in 2005???"

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL!!! Always an excuse for Crimsoncrew. Just funnin' with you - :peace:

Dixon is the one change I certainly would have made if I had re-done it last night. He was pretty clearly going to make it, though I still might have kept Cartwright. I'd likely drop Cam Johnson, too. Really no idea on the QBs at this point, though. And after watching Tukuafu absolutely level LBs much of last night, I think he's virtually guaranteed a spot. He was a late-round add for me in my first attempt.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In completely unsurprising news, Brett Swain cut. Barrows twitter (too lazy to link).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Panthers cut Amini Silatolu. Thats' a huge shock. Seemed like a decent number of mocks had us taking him at 30. He was taken 40 overall.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon is the one change I certainly would have made if I had re-done it last night. He was pretty clearly going to make it, though I still might have kept Cartwright. I'd likely drop Cam Johnson, too. Really no idea on the QBs at this point, though. And after watching Tukuafu absolutely level LBs much of last night, I think he's virtually guaranteed a spot. He was a late-round add for me in my first attempt.

I had both Rock & Anthony gone - so I could be wrong on the other side of the Dixon & Cartwright equation - Honestly, I will be more than a little confused if we keep Gore, Jacobs Miller, Dixon, James & Hunter and very disappointed if we keep Dixon and let any of the other five RB/FB's go.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Silatolu must have been terrible for them to not even give him a chance to develop.