• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler benched... Jimmy Clausen to start vs Lions.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're going overboard when you say Cutler rarely gave the team a chance to win. He gave them a chance to win vs the Cowboys when he started out 10 of 13 for 100 yards with a TD and no INTs. It was Forte's fumble that turned that game. Cutler gave them a chance last time vs the Lions when they scored 14 early points. It wasn't Cutler INTs that turned that game around, as he didn't throw his first INT until later in the 4th quarter. The Green Bay and New England 50 point blowouts, no QB would have had a chance in those games. The defense allowed TDs almost every single Pats and Packers possession. That was just the whole Bears team quitting on the coach. So don't give me this BS that Cutler was the reason why they didn't have a chance much of the times. If you watched the games, you saw massive TEAM breakdowns.

The first Green Bay game Cutler was playing out of his mind in the first half. The defense couldn't force a punt that entire game. When the mandate to Jay became "we need to score a td on every single drive" just to keep up, he made a few mistakes. But he gave us a chance that game and with an average defense we pull off the win. To me that was the most important game of the season too. Bears would have been 3-1 (1-0 in the division) and the Packers would have been 1-3 (0-2 in the division). Jay played well enough to get it done, but the defense was a rain wreck.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point being made wasn't the "gem of a performance" by Clausen. It was a combination of factors that included:

• playing against a stout Lions D (ranked #2),
  • playing without Marshall and Long,
  • not starting a game since 2010,
  • having the entire team rally around his performance, and
  • running the same offensive scheme by (what some fans feel is a terrible, replaceable coach) Trestman.

....and all the dropped passes by chicago receivers. i didn't see clausen make a bad throw or decision the whole game. and he even played through a concussion.