• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cut/waiver tracker

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really surprised about the Calitro cut. He had a great preseason. I would rather see Shaqueem be the odd man out in that position. He just hasn't shown much compared to the rest.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really surprised about the Calitro cut. He had a great preseason. I would rather see Shaqueem be the odd man out in that position. He just hasn't shown much compared to the rest.

Clearly the team sees things in Griffin that they don't in Calitro. Certainly Calitro has done more on the field than Shaq in the past couple of seasons.

But if they view both players as just special teamers then perhaps Griffin offers more upside.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams, Calitro just doesn't make as much of an impact there.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Shaquem instead of Calitro thing, I do acknowledge that Griffin is very good on ST...but couldn't we use Barton & BBK for that from the LB position and be just fine? I think the chances that KJ plays 16 games are only slightly better than mine, and at that point I think we will be sore about not having Calitro.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Shaquem instead of Calitro thing, I do acknowledge that Griffin is very good on ST...but couldn't we use Barton & BBK for that from the LB position and be just fine? I think the chances that KJ plays 16 games are only slightly better than mine, and at that point I think we will be sore about not having Calitro.

Pretty sure if KJ goes down they will just slide Kendricks over. Given how rarely we play with 3 LBs on the field, it wouldn't change things dramatically.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure if KJ goes down they will just slide Kendricks over. Given how rarely we play with 3 LBs on the field, it wouldn't change things dramatically.
Yeah, I have no doubt the coaches would mitigate the risk as well as possible. Losing a starter still means your depth guys are that much closer to being on the field a lot more, and having to put Griffin out there instead of a more proven guy like Calitro is a liability. Hope is not a method, but maybe we'll get lucky and not have KJ go down (and not see Kendricks get prison time).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no doubt the coaches would mitigate the risk as well as possible. Losing a starter still means your depth guys are that much closer to being on the field a lot more, and having to put Griffin out there instead of a more proven guy like Calitro is a liability. Hope is not a method, but maybe we'll get lucky and not have KJ go down (and not see Kendricks get prison time).

Meh. Ultimately players like Calitro are nice to have but it's pretty rare that you really suffer when you lose them. They could have easily chosen to keep Calitro and cut someone else but I suspect they view LB as one of our strongest position groups and thus losing someone like Calitro is much less likely to hurt us than someone like Travis Homer or one of our DTs that will get little playing time.