• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cut/waiver tracker

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really disappointing Darboh never panned out. Blow a 3rd on the guy and he never did a thing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some notable cuts

JD McKissic cut!!!!
Jazz Ferguson cut
Cassius Marsh cut

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some notable cuts

JD McKissic cut!!!!- imo Amadi beat him ou for his position
Jazz Ferguson cut- Why?
Cassius Marsh cut- Jadeveon Clowney spot

And we have JT Barrett as our backup

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you hearing this?

ESPN is saying the Geno Smith move is probably just a maneuver they are using to free up a roster spot until the Clowney trade goes through. Geno is most likely still going to be Russell's back up.

"The Seahawks released Geno Smith while setting their initial 53-man roster, which leaves Russell Wilson as their only quarterback for now. This could be some roster maneuvering related to the Jadeveon Clowney trade, with Seattle needing a roster spot until it becomes official. They're giving up two players for one in that trade, but because it's not yet official, Barkevious Mingo and Jacob Martin are still on Seattle's roster and Clowney is not. Thus, the Seahawks will have an opening for Smith -- or perhaps another quarterback -- once the trade goes through. Smith is a vested veteran and thus isn't subject to being claimed off waivers. He seemed to win the backup job once Seattle waived Paxton Lynch. Said Pete Carroll of Smith Thursday night: "He looks in control of the offense. He gets it. He really understands it. So that's a real positive."
Seattle Seahawks NFL - Seahawks News, Scores, Stats, Rumors & More - ESPN

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is saying the Geno Smith move is probably just a maneuver they are using to free up a roster spot until the Clowney trade goes through. Geno is most likely still going to be Russell's back up.

"The Seahawks released Geno Smith while setting their initial 53-man roster, which leaves Russell Wilson as their only quarterback for now. This could be some roster maneuvering related to the Jadeveon Clowney trade, with Seattle needing a roster spot until it becomes official. They're giving up two players for one in that trade, but because it's not yet official, Barkevious Mingo and Jacob Martin are still on Seattle's roster and Clowney is not. Thus, the Seahawks will have an opening for Smith -- or perhaps another quarterback -- once the trade goes through. Smith is a vested veteran and thus isn't subject to being claimed off waivers. He seemed to win the backup job once Seattle waived Paxton Lynch. Said Pete Carroll of Smith Thursday night: "He looks in control of the offense. He gets it. He really understands it. So that's a real positive."
Seattle Seahawks NFL - Seahawks News, Scores, Stats, Rumors & More - ESPN

Yeah I read that yesterday. I was asking about Barrett.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting JD McKissic is probably the most surprising to me because of how versatile and explosive he is. Marsh is a bit surprising as well.

I definitely didn't think Shaquem Griffin was going to make it just based on how deep the talent is at LB. Looks like they decided to keep an extra player there at the expense of someone like McKissic.

Wouldn't have expected to keep Malik Turner over Jazz Ferguson.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone surprised Jaron Brown released?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, forgot about that one. They must really like the rookie group, plan to make Dissly a big part of the passing game, or indeed will throw it to Carson a lot more. Or a combo of all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For sure... I thought the Hawks had planned on making him a big part of the offense this year... Brown is out... Outside of Lockett, I don't feel too good about the group we have in place to be honest...

But hey, that's why I am not a coach or GM...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Shead would have made the team. What his performance during camp that underwhelming?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Shead would have made the team. What his performance during camp that underwhelming?

I think they decided they were better off with younger talent that could develop into something better.

Given PC's track record with the secondary, I trust them.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Calitro got cut.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they decided they were better off with younger talent that could develop into something better.

Given PC's track record with the secondary, I trust them.

Cool, just wondering. Ready to get this season started!