• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curt Schilling is an ass

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Keith getting in.

But Bill Mazeroski is in, so I’ll never say never.
Wow, never really looked at Mazeroski's stats, but damn........ Calling him a mediocre hitter might even be generous.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, Jackson did it and he isn't in,
True point that needs to be brought up in any Rose debate.

Is Jackson an oversight and should be included or is he the litmus that prevents Rose’s induction?

Both valid arguments.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any other MVPs who never were All Stars?
Oooh great trivia question! Please tell me how to look up the answer because my dad will love it

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh great trivia question! Please tell me how to look up the answer because my dad will love it
Wish I knew.

There are a number of guys who weren’t All Stars in their MVP season. (4 since ‘96. Rollins, Morneau, Chipper and JuanGon). But I only know Gibby being a career non AS because I’m a homer.

Also don’t know if there has been another MVP who was an All American in football. Gibby prolly being the best TE in MLB history. (Steve Garvey being another Sparty football player.)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I knew.

There are a number of guys who weren’t All Stars in their MVP season. (4 since ‘96. Rollins, Morneau, Chipper and JuanGon). But I only know Gibby being a career non AS because I’m a homer.

Also don’t know if there has been another MVP who was an All American in football. Gibby prolly being the best TE in MLB history. (Steve Garvey being another Sparty football player.)
Wild that Gibson did win a Silver Slugger that year too. Must have been stronger in the second half

A perfect Hall of Very Good player...and a big part of baseball history, he's legit

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I knew.

Frank Thomas was a TE at Auburn. Another good trivia question for you. What college team had a pro bowl RB, a MLB HOF TE, and a NBA HOF LB? Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, and Charkes Barkley.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose should definitely NOT be in. Because he agreed to a lifetime ban to avoid more damaging revelations. After he's dead then put him in. Shoeless Joe too.
Question.
I'm curious. Do you know what those revelations might be?

Comment
If he doesn't deserve to be inducted in life. Why does he deserve it after death.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

Comment
If he doesn't deserve to be inducted in life. Why does he deserve it after death.

A. I have always heard it was that he bet on the Reds while manager and threw some games.

B. How do you read the ban. Some read it as he will be allowed to go on the ballot after death, others read it as he is banned for good.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. I have always heard it was that he bet on the Reds while manager and threw some games.

B. How do you read the ban. Some read it as he will be allowed to go on the ballot after death, others read it as he is banned for good.
I've never heard that he threw any games as a manager. And that would be pretty hard for him to do unless the players were complicit.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

Comment
Because that's the deal he made. Because he doesn't get the glory or get to make a speech or see the applause. Because the punishment has been served and the record should show the hits leader is in there. They should also say something about it on his plaque.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's the deal he made. Because he doesn't get the glory or get to make a speech or see the applause. Because the punishment has been served and the record should show the hits leader is in there. They should also say something about it on his plaque.
So that's a no on the revelations And a flippety floppady on the why Rose shouldn't be in when he's alive, but it's all good when he's dead.

Word.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's a no on the revelations And a flippety floppady on the why Rose shouldn't be in when he's alive, but it's all good when he's dead.

Word.
The fuck are you talking about?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word.
The “revelations” is really just a rumor that there was more damning evidence out there. That has been mentioned in this thread multiple times. But most don’t use THAT as a heavy part of the argument against Rose because they are, just rumors.

But wtf are you talking about “flippety floppedy”? Rose AGREED with the commissioners office to accept the lifetime ban (for whatever reason). The ban was not IMPOSED on him. He ACCEPTED it. That is not in question. That is a fact.

Many believe he should be inducted once that ban has been served. That is a different argument, and I tend avoid that aspect of the debate. But putting him in after he dies removes the “lifetime ban” aspect of the argument.

You may disagree. That is your right. But being flippant with the clearly spelled out, logical take of the opposing side doesnt help anyone.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. I knew he bet on the Reds, but never against them. Throwing games would seem to point in that direction.

One way or the other. He deserves to be in as the baseball player with the most hits in the history of the game.

His time as a manager which can't be ignored. Should be fully recorded as well.

If it were up to me. Rose, Bonds, Clemens n Scilling would already be in with their triflin ass0 selves.

And fuck all those sanctimonious writers who have a vote, but are now on their high horse. I don't recall a single writer or MLB exec condemning PEDs when they were saving MLB.