• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb optioned back to Sacto; Bart activated.
Apparently this move is maximize playing time opportunities for both. Bart gets some playing time in the big leagues while Posey is down and Webb gets some work in AAA during the ASB.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently this move is maximize playing time opportunities for both. Bart gets some playing time in the big leagues while Posey is down and Webb gets some work in AAA during the ASB.
Yup. And after the ASB we get Longo, LaStella, Belt, Wade, Sanchez, Posey, and Moronta.

Of course, finding spaces on the 26 man for all 7 of those guys....

I’d guess Vosler, Estrada, Bart, Tromp, Beede and Brebbia plus one of Flores/Ruf.

Tough choices.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And after the ASB we get Longo, LaStella, Belt, Wade, Sanchez, Posey, and Moronta.

Of course, finding spaces on the 26 man for all 7 of those guys....

I’d guess Vosler, Estrada, Bart, Tromp, Beede and Brebbia plus one of Flores/Ruf.

Tough choices.
And that is not considering any possible additions. Could be that Flores or Ruf get packaged in a precursor trade to a big deal (i.e. send them to another contender for a couple of pieces or even as part of a package in a 3 or 4 team trade).
Wade doesn't need a spot as he is active. Three of them are on the 60 day IL (LaStella, Sanchez and Moronta) so there will be 3 guys dfa'd. Yes, Vosler, Bart and Tromp will for sure get sent down. Estrada will be a hard move, considering his at-bats. Beede may stay up if he is truly being showcased. Considering how long the team gave Wisler, I don't see Brebbia moved yet. However, he does have two option years left. He could get optioned.
Solano may be a dfa casualty. His bat hasn't been nearly as good this year and his defense is only okay. Considering that the team has LaStella and Flores, he's a bit of an extra wheel. I could see Selman and Menez as possible dfa's as well. The question is, with all these guys getting healthy, will the Tauchman experiment be over? He's also set to start a rehab assignment so its possible that he may be one of the first guys activated. If he does well, there are more good problems but if he still struggles, he could be a dfa casualty as well.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea these transactions were made, until today:

07/12/21San Francisco Giants optioned C Joey Bart to Sacramento River Cats.
07/11/21San Francisco Giants recalled LHP Caleb Baragar from Sacramento River Cats.
07/11/21San Francisco Giants optioned RHP Tyler Beede to Sacramento River Cats.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To gather all roster info in the correct spot:

1. The #SFGiants recalled Logan Webb, reinstated Mike Tauchman from the IL, selected the contract of RHP Jay Jackson, optioned Jason Vosler and transferred Evan Longoria to the 60-day IL, meaning he won't be able to return until after the trade deadline.

2. LaStella has paused his rehab due to numbness in his thumb; he will resume next week.

3. Buster is swinging a bat but not quite ready to come off the IL

4. Aaron Sanchez will start for Triple-A Sacramento tonight and Sammy Long is in Sacramento to throw a bullpen. Reyes Moronta is throwing a bullpen and it's possible he could go on a rehab assignment next week.

5. No word on Belt.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To gather all roster info in the correct spot:

1. The #SFGiants recalled Logan Webb, reinstated Mike Tauchman from the IL, selected the contract of RHP Jay Jackson, optioned Jason Vosler and transferred Evan Longoria to the 60-day IL, meaning he won't be able to return until after the trade deadline.

2. LaStella has paused his rehab due to numbness in his thumb; he will resume next week.

3. Buster is swinging a bat but not quite ready to come off the IL

4. Aaron Sanchez will start for Triple-A Sacramento tonight and Sammy Long is in Sacramento to throw a bullpen. Reyes Moronta is throwing a bullpen and it's possible he could go on a rehab assignment next week.

5. No word on Belt.
That is the 2nd time LaStella had to pause his rehab. Hope 3rd time works.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Brebbia has looked like hot garbage in every one of his outings for us this year, I do believe he has a higher ceiling than Littell, so they are giving him more rope. He won’t last long with all the bodies coming off the DL in the coming weeks, though.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Brebbia has looked like hot garbage in every one of his outings for us this year, I do believe he has a higher ceiling than Littell, so they are giving him more rope. He won’t last long with all the bodies coming off the DL in the coming weeks, though.
He can have plenty of rope in AAA. Being optioned doesn't mean he's gone for good. But, you are correct, there are more guys ready come off what us younger folk call the IL.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can have plenty of rope in AAA. Being optioned doesn't mean he's gone for good. But, you are correct, there are more guys ready come off what us younger folk call the IL.
He’s a few days from being optioned I would think. Guys are getting healthy and they will need the roster spot.