• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point of the tear down? Why would you do that in season if the outcome would be predictably bad? And I have no problem losing him on waivers. I don't see the value in keeping him over other players. Maybe FZ could even get some value in return.
FZ has had a chubby for Talk for years. He isn’t going to bail on him this quickly. Right or wrong.

He just gave up 2 assets for him a month or so ago. FZ is not going to admit defeat that fast.

As for why they tore down his swing mid season, I have no idea. I agree that it does not appear to be a good idea. Maybe they didnt think the changes would be THAT drastic? Maybe they didn’t expect to be in serious contention and thought there was enough future up side to eat the roster spot as he essentially had a year-long spring training? That is a legit gripe. But the fact remains that he is a golden boy at the moment.

that said, his golden-ness may be losing some of its luster. He is CLEARLY beyond frustrated on the field. He is playing scared and acting defensively when anything “off” happens (his reaction to the single the ither day did not strike me as a confidant “I was safe, go to replay”, it was more of a “I didnt fuck that up, I was safe, go to replay”.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible but I'd still rather have Slater than Tauchman. I don't understand the love for that guy. His OPS is 60 points below Slater's. I don't see how his defense makes up that kind of differential.
I don't think the decision is all about OPS...they like, in general, his ABs. Doesn't chase, makes the pitchers work, etc. He's a very FZ type of hitter.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the decision is all about OPS...they like, in general, his ABs. Doesn't chase, makes the pitchers work, etc. He's a very FZ type of hitter.
I will say that I'm glad he's gotten an extended look. Too often, in my opinion, untested players get the briefest of looks and get tossed within 50 at-bats (or less, in FZ's case). However, at some point, results need to be considered, even if the player passes the eye test. Looks can be deceiving. We are 161 plate appearances into the Tauchman experiment and its beginning to look failed.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I'm glad he's gotten an extended look. Too often, in my opinion, untested players get the briefest of looks and get tossed within 50 at-bats (or less, in FZ's case). However, at some point, results need to be considered, even if the player passes the eye test. Looks can be deceiving. We are 161 plate appearances into the Tauchman experiment and its beginning to look failed.
FZ won't hit on every acquisition. However, I trust him. If Tok needs to go, he'll be gone. I think Slater is the first one out and Davis looks more than ready to come up.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FZ won't hit on every acquisition. However, I trust him. If Tok needs to go, he'll be gone. I think Slater is the first one out and Davis looks more than ready to come up.
I am excited about Davis getting a shot. With this outfield, help is needed. Slater is barely playing, and not hitting when he does. Tauchman looks overwhelmed. Dickerson seems done. Ruf hasn't hit that well since coming off the IL. Even Yaz has been struggling recently. The only bright spot in the outfield has been Duggar and Wade, and Wade is mainly at 1st base.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beede activated from the 60-day IL
Sherfy DFA’d
Davis placed on the 10-day IL
Vosler added to the 26-man roster

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beede activated from the 60-day IL
Sherfy DFA’d
Davis placed on the 10-day IL
Vosler added to the 26-man roster
At first, I was a bit shocked that Sherfy was the casualty but then I saw his numbers. Not awful, but probably the worst reliever on the team (although an argument could be made that it should be Littell. Either way, it illustrates how the bullpen has improved significantly from April).
My question is, is Beede going into the rotation or the bullpen? Also, why isn't he being optioned?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they want to try to conserve the option. No idea if that thought process is even a thing, but that’s my first idea. BBRef doesn’t show his game logs for his rehab, so I don’t know what his trends are. I do seem to remember him doing VERY badly at the start of his rehab, stats-wise.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they want to try to conserve the option. No idea if that thought process is even a thing, but that’s my first idea. BBRef doesn’t show his game logs for his rehab, so I don’t know what his trends are. I do seem to remember him doing VERY badly at the start of his rehab, stats-wise.
They didn't get any better.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, I was a bit shocked that Sherfy was the casualty but then I saw his numbers. Not awful, but probably the worst reliever on the team (although an argument could be made that it should be Littell. Either way, it illustrates how the bullpen has improved significantly from April).
My question is, is Beede going into the rotation or the bullpen? Also, why isn't he being optioned?
Yes, your honor. I rest my case. He phuking SUCKS.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I've missed this info, but how bad is Buster's thumb?
Second MRI showed just a bone bruise. He should be avail right after the ASB. Longo/LaStella/Belt all coming along as well. We should be healthy soon.