• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willard (on the post game show) was saying he thinks Bart will be up this weekend. That makes no sense. Calling him up year just has no logic too it. And why do that 1 day after adding another catcher to the roster.
That doesn't make sense, but to your last question - because its FZ. He cannot help himself, despite comments to the contrary. Although, considering how many transactions he normally does, he's had some restraint.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willard (on the post game show) was saying he thinks Bart will be up this weekend. That makes no sense. Calling him up year just has no logic too it. And why do that 1 day after adding another catcher to the roster.

I think they'll call him up so he can get live reps vs real competition. If there were minor leagues, he'd be a September callup. As it is, he'll be up Friday I expect.

Let the Bart Era begin!

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll call him up so he can get live reps vs real competition. If there were minor leagues, he'd be a September callup. As it is, he'll be up Friday I expect.

Let the Bart Era begin!
Do they go with three catchers? Or dfa Tromp (whom they just purchased) or Heineman (who is one of the few Giants actually hitting)?
Also, the rumors are that both Belt and Longoria are going to be activated tonight. I wonder who will get the axe.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they go with three catchers? Or dfa Tromp (whom they just purchased) or Heineman (who is one of the few Giants actually hitting)?
Also, the rumors are that both Belt and Longoria are going to be activated tonight. I wonder who will get the axe.
McCarthy, I think, will be optioned. Maybe along with Dubon? Yikes!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let the Bart Era begin!
I have a hard time believing they will burn a year on him to get 50ish games out of him this year, where they won’t get a dime of revenue from him. Especially with the Marlins/Phillies fiasco going on atm...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing they will burn a year on him to get 50ish games out of him this year, where they won’t get a dime of revenue from him. Especially with the Marlins/Phillies fiasco going on atm...

What's the alternative. Let him stay in Sac and potentially upset him and his agent re: the Super Two status?

I have a harder time seeing that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the alternative. Let him stay in Sac and potentially upset him and his agent re: the Super Two status?

I have a harder time seeing that.
The service clock was badly designed from the get-go.

I have heard a solution that will be proposed in the next CBA...

the clock will start upon signing. Period. MLB service time will no longer be tied to FA status. I like this change. Of course, the clock will need to be longer (9 years vs 6?), but the concept seems solid to me.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparently:

Jimenez DFA'd. Marlins on line 1....
McCarthy and Davis sent to Sac

Longo and Belt added (and starting!).
One open spot on the 30. Paging Bart, party of one...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Baggs Tweet:
A lot of Giants moves: Jaylin Davis & Joe McCarthy optioned to Alternate Training Site. Dany Jimenez designated for assignment. Brandon Belt & Evan Longoria reinstated from 10 day IL. Steven Duggar recalled. Kean Wong & Jose Siri cleared waivers & outrighted to AAA

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabe Kapler on Jaylin Davis, who was optioned:

"What we’re looking for from Jaylin is more consistency. … more volume in his cage work, more intensity in his cage work. We feel that would lead to more consistent results."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabe Kapler on Jaylin Davis, who was optioned:

"What we’re looking for from Jaylin is more consistency. … more volume in his cage work, more intensity in his cage work. We feel that would lead to more consistent results."
Give him 150 ABs in Sacto. He will be back...

Oh wait...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparently:

So why even bother with the Rule V draft? If we can’t hold on to a rule V kid THIS SEASON, there is no point to the very existence of the concept.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why even bother with the Rule V draft? If we can’t hold on to a rule V kid THIS SEASON, there is no point to the very existence of the concept.
37 pitches should be all that it takes to make a decision on whether or not to keep a pitcher.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparently:

Duggar is taking BART to SF? That's a bold move in the world of COVID.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cal, you forgot, FZ is in charge. This is one more chance at a transaction (or two or three).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coonrod to IL with lat strain.

Selman called up.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keon Wong, Jose Siri and Rob Brantley all cleared waivers and were assigned to the alternate site.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keon Wong, Jose Siri and Rob Brantley all cleared waivers and were assigned to the alternate site.
I think its weird that they use that language for assignment because two of them can be added back to the 60 player pool (Wong was never in the 60 player pool). In fact, I'm more surprised that Siri and Brantly, both with previous dfa's, didn't elect free agency as that is the only way they could be added to a team's pool. The more I think about it, MLB should have just made a rule that a player with 6 or more years of professional experience is automatically made a free agent after being dfa'd. That would allow them to have the ability to sign with someone else for at least a shot elsewhere. Besides, they will be free agents at season's end, so what is the point of the organization that dfa'd them having control over them the rest of the season?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. The Giants traded Billy Hamilton to the Mets for Jordan Humphreys. Humphreys looked good in low A ball in 2017 but has pitched in only 6 professional games since then. A bit surprised that they dealt Hamilton. I guess FZ is more content with Duggar than I thought or maybe he just really needed to do something else on the transaction side of things.