• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a 3rd alternative... and the worse one imo. what if he's 'mediocre' and just hangs around collecting a paycheck, not contributing to significant wins and prevents potentials from getting a true showing?

under the old regime, this would be the likely scenario. we'll see how it plays out
NOTHING about this regime says they will sit on stale product.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back after weeks away...

SHOCKED that Zack Cozart was DFA'd so soon. This makes it absolutely obvious that the entire transaction was 100% a deal to buy Will Wilson. Very ballsy : Wilson has very little pro record.

Not upset about the Drew Smyly signing. It aint much, and he had some damn good season before Tommy John surgery; this could be a rebound ("get a contract") year for him. If he works out, great. If he is great and the Giants suck, he is traded for prospects. If he sucks, he is dumped. If he is mediocre, no big deal. What I hate most about the signing is ... no option year. Which is telling - the fact that I see "no option year" means I am optimistic (overall, not a bunch) about his possibility of returning to former success and not happy the Giants didn't get in a "$6M option with $500K buy-out" clause. Sheet, it isn't as if the Giants have any MadBum -type guys in the minors that he is blocking.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants claimed Luis Madero off waivers from Angels and designate Jake Jewell for assignment (himself claimed from Angels, who took Zack Cozart's place, who also came from the Angels in a trade).

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FZ really is a "throw spaghetti against the wall and if it sticks he can stay on the roster" sort of GM, isn't he?

Did he do this shit in his former job, or is this just a "I am pissing all over the org to make my mark and show everybody that *I* am god."

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants Place Zack Cozart On Release Waivers
@calsnowskier - According to this article, Cozart became a free agent last Friday.
From the article:
"Once Cozart clears release waivers (a 48-hour process), he’ll become a free agent who can sign with any club for the prorated league minimum for any time spent in the big leagues. That sum would be subtracted from the $12.167MM the Giants are paying him next year, but the San Francisco organization will remain on the hook for the vast majority of Cozart’s contract."

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FZ really is a "throw spaghetti against the wall and if it sticks he can stay on the roster" sort of GM, isn't he?

Did he do this shit in his former job, or is this just a "I am pissing all over the org to make my mark and show everybody that *I* am god."
I mean, this? This was the move (straw) that broke your proverbial back?
Last year FZ was like a fantasy BB GM that had ADHD on crack. How is this surprising?

Not saying you’re wrong by any stretch, more just thinking this couldn’t have caught you (a smart Giants and smart baseball guy) by surprise right?

I think FZ has more transactions as a GM than Brian Sabean did in his career.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the beginning, I thought "hey, he sees something in this guy". Now, it appears to be nothing more than masterbation.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the beginning, I thought "hey, he sees something in this guy". Now, it appears to be nothing more than masterbation.
I think the difference between FZ and other GMs is how he goes about trying to build depth in the farm. Most GMs do it through minor league free agents. FZ tries to use the waiver wire. I would assume his theory behind that is that the guys bouncing from team to team are slightly better than the ones whom have been stuck in the minors or not seen the big leagues in a couple of years. Not trying to defend or destroy his position, just trying to understand it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval signed a 2M minor league deal??? Not sure I ever heard of anything like that before...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants To Sign Wilmer Flores

Wilmer Flores signed to a “Multi-year” deal. No terms announced yet, and a 40-man move will be required to make room.

was this the dude who cried after rumors he was getting traded from the Mets surfaced?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years, $6M with a team option (no details on the option)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting word on who gets bumped from the 40 man for Flores and now there will be a 2nd one bumped for Pence. I'm going to guess it will be two of Avelino/Wong/B Smith/Franco/Selman/Madero.