• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN: "Bochy told reporters that Pomeranz likely will miss just one start with his injury. Bochy said Pomeranz left the team on Thursday so he could be with his former Boston Red Sox teammates at the White House, where the club is being honored for their World Series championship."

You would think that the team would actually try to make it look like there was an injury as the reason for the IL trip, not because he wants to go to the White House.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first 9 days this month, we've seen:
1 player put on the restricted list
1 player placed on 7 day il
2 players placed on the 10 day il
1 player activated from 10 day il
4 players purchased from Sacramento
5 players recalled from Sacramento
5 players optioned to Sacramento
1 player traded to AAA
1 player claimed off waivers
4 players designated for assignment
1 player outright to AAA

The Zaidi train is getting its full steam.

Meh. He's just warming up.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 player traded to AAA
1 player outright to AAA

¿The thinking being that if he makes enough moves, one or more of them will bear fruit? Cripes.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
¿The thinking being that if he makes enough moves, one or more of them will bear fruit? Cripes.
Its kinda his MO, TBH. However, while I haven't done the research to back it up, it seems he is even more active than he was with the Dodgers. But SSS.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey added to 7-day Concussion IL
Pomeranz added to 10-day IL
Beede called up
Garcia called up

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also notice that I missed Holland getting added back to the active roster and Jerez optioned back to Sacto...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 player traded to AAA
1 player outright to AAA

And this is with a roster with very limited flexibility. When he gets it where he wants, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a move every series.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Altherr claimed off waivers from the Phils.
Andrew Moore DFA’d to make space on the 40.

He does not have any options, so a corresponding 25 move will be needed as well.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Altherr claimed off waivers from the Phils.
Andrew Moore DFA’d to make space on the 40.

He does not have any options, so a corresponding 25 move will be needed as well.
Why another outfielder? I assume Pillar doesn't move because of his defense. Duggar seems to be hitting better recently. Williamson has only been up for 3 games. Are they really going to jettison Williamson that quickly? Or does another infielder go bye?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is with a roster with very limited flexibility. When he gets it where he wants, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a move every series.
And that is something that I find irritating about FZ's style. I've read articles about how he wants to emphasize that players are people but the frequency and intensity of his transactions seem to suggest the opposite viewpoint. I get that its a business but sometimes I think he is too trigger happy. I'm all for giving guys a chance and moving on when its necessary but if the moving on happens too soon, it doesn't give players a chance to show what they've got. For example, the outfield has only recently been turned over, why Altherr? Give the current group a longer leash. Guys like Duggar need a few months, much less more than 3 days like Williamson's got so far. I know, we don't know who goes from the 25 man roster but there are not many options.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
making dumb moves after dumb moves

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yangervis Solarte and Pat Venditte have both been outrighted to Sacramento (Solarte yesterday and Venditte today). Erik Kratz has been activated from the 10 day il and Dereck Rodriguez has been optioned to Sacramento. Still no word on who's spot Altherr will take.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is something that I find irritating about FZ's style. I've read articles about how he wants to emphasize that players are people but the frequency and intensity of his transactions seem to suggest the opposite viewpoint. I get that its a business but sometimes I think he is too trigger happy. I'm all for giving guys a chance and moving on when its necessary but if the moving on happens too soon, it doesn't give players a chance to show what they've got. For example, the outfield has only recently been turned over, why Altherr? Give the current group a longer leash. Guys like Duggar need a few months, much less more than 3 days like Williamson's got so far. I know, we don't know who goes from the 25 man roster but there are not many options.

Sacramento isn't that far away, so luckily it's not like these are are completely uprooting everything. And FZ said yesterday on KNBR that he keeps in contact with the players so they understand what's going on.

If you are producing, you're going to stick around. Duggar isn't going anywhere. They still only had 3.5 outfielders before this move (Austin/Belt kinda count, so I gave them half).

I would guess that Garcia will go back down for Altherr

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento isn't that far away, so luckily it's not like these are are completely uprooting everything. And FZ said yesterday on KNBR that he keeps in contact with the players so they understand what's going on.

If you are producing, you're going to stick around. Duggar isn't going anywhere. They still only had 3.5 outfielders before this move (Austin/Belt kinda count, so I gave them half).

I would guess that Garcia will go back down for Altherr
The idea that you need to produce right away or your gone isn't cool (i.e. Joe, Reed, Gerber). Some guys are going to need an adjustment period. I understand having a short leash on a contending team. On a has been team like this, it makes no sense.
Garcia does make sense now that Kratz has been activated. At the time of my post, I didn't know Kratz was ready so I assumed an outfielder would be gone. Duggar is the only one with options but Williamson struggled a bit after his first game up.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Schulman:
"Altherr will not join the Giants until that series opens Tuesday. He will become the 11th man to play outfield for the club this year, matching the 2018 total, but will not supplant Steven Duggar, Kevin Pillar or Mac Williamson in the lineup."

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that you need to produce right away or your gone isn't cool (i.e. Joe, Reed, Gerber). Some guys are going to need an adjustment period. I understand having a short leash on a contending team. On a has been team like this, it makes no sense.
Garcia does make sense now that Kratz has been activated. At the time of my post, I didn't know Kratz was ready so I assumed an outfielder would be gone. Duggar is the only one with options but Williamson struggled a bit after his first game up.

Joe got 8 games without doing a single thing, I think Mac would get quite a bit more than that.

I agree that it's not cool to punt guys so quick and I'm for giving them a legit chance, but the only point I was trying to make that right now, if you are hitting, FZ will find a way to keep you around. FZ's also not going to turn down a chance to get value. I think that's where the shuffling comes in that I don't mind.

If you also just look completely overmatched, how much are you really helping a guy? Reed and Joe were completely overmatched.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venditte cleared waivers and will report to Sacto.

Valera was claimed by the Spanks.