• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS: Definitive 8 College Football Blue Bloods

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list could be completely different if you're talking about the best programs from the last 10 years, the last 20 years, or the last 30 years. If it's about recent history, whatever that exactly means, the only teams on this list that would probably make it is Alabama, USC and the stankin' ass Nuts. If it's about recently you have more than one SEC team. If it's about recently, you'd have 2+ Florida teams. But you don't become a blue blood recently. We're talking about royalty here. You don't get any more blue blood than the programs the OP listed. Every one of them can claim best program of all time for one reason or another. I can't even understand anyone who's team is on this list complaining about the list.

It's going to come and go based on performance. It's a slow process that takes decades, but it will happen.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your order ... I would say you done it fairly ... My Order would be

1. Alabama
2. ohio state <--- uhh, no
3. USC
4. Notre Dame
5. Oklahoma
6. Michigan
7. Texas
8. Nebraska

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to come and go based on performance. It's a slow process that takes decades, but it will happen.

Thing is though that most programs mostly stink and have short times where they are really good then head back to the bottom. Most of the programs listed are the opposite. They may have down times but spend more time at the top than not. Been that way for decades. So, yea, it will be a very slow process for anyone to bump these guys off the list.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your order ... I would say you done it fairly ... My Order would be

1. Alabama
2. ohio state (I hate myself right now)
3. USC
4. Notre Dame
5. Oklahoma
6. Michigan
7. Texas
8. Nebraska
Correct

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can "lose" your blue blood status.

Regardless of the arrogance of some fans here......being top 3 in wins, bowl wins, and NCs will always keep you in that company.

I can't agree with that. Like others said about Princeton and Yale and I'd throw Army and Navy in there too. 60 years ago they would have been Blue Bloods.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is though that most programs mostly stink and have short times where they are really good then head back to the bottom. Most of the programs listed are the opposite. They may have down times but spend more time at the top than not. Been that way for decades. So, yea, it will be a very slow process for anyone to bump these guys off the list.

Yeah but other teams are coming up during this time while you are stinking.

If you only win 1 national championship in more than 50 years while other teams like Florida St are winning 3 or more in the same time period while having year after year of ranked seasons then things will change.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the 60's, you are fine.

My point is that if more time goes by and you only have your 2005 national championship in recent history then you'll be looking at lot like Michigan where the majority of what you cite is ancient history to basically everyone.

Michigan winning national championships may be ancient history to many but Michigan winning A LOT is not. I understand we live in a national championship or nothing society now but conference championships and winning week in and week out matters. If another 20 years goes by and Michigan hasn't won another championship but has another 8+ conference titles, have the most all-time wins and best all-time win percentage they would still be on this list, period. Everything good can't be about the national championship, other good things happen.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan winning national championships may be ancient history to many but Michigan winning A LOT is not. I understand we live in a national championship or nothing society now but conference championships and winning week in and week out matters. If another 20 years goes by and Michigan hasn't won another championship but has another 8+ conference titles, have the most all-time wins and best all-time win percentage they would still be on this list, period. Everything good can't be about the national championship, other good things happen.
8 conference titles in 20 years would be unreal for michigan all things considered.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Oklahoma
USC
ND
OSU

Only true blue bloods left. Alabama and OSU benefited by sucking donkey dick for a few years here and there before the big TV money and social media explosion.

I said it, so it's fact

/thread
vfjzw.jpg

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 conference titles in 20 years would be unreal for michigan all things considered.

Well I also said 20 years and no championships but I doubt that. I think we'll get a couple. All things considered, we have a pretty talented team right now and I don't see that changing any time soon. 8+ conference titles will be a piece of cake once Urb starts having chest pains and bounces again! :D

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I also said 20 years and no championships but I doubt that. I think we'll get a couple. All things considered, we have a pretty talented team right now and I don't see that changing any time soon. 8+ conference titles will be a piece of cake once Urb starts having chest pains and bounces again! :D
Yeah but when your "next big thing" coach fails after 3 years again, who's going to win those conference titles for you?

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appalachian St. bumped Michigan off in '07. I wish I could brag on Louisiana Monroe in the same manner, but Alabama bounced back with 5 national championships after that.