• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS: Definitive 8 College Football Blue Bloods

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New bloods:

BAMA
Noles
Oregon
LSU
Ohio st
I still don't see how you could have Oregon in even going with the most modern times. Florida State and LSU are certainly warranted given their national titles if your simply basing it on the more recent years, which this article is not. Florida State was the first team I thought of being an obvious miss but after reading their reasoning and specifications, I really can't argue against it. Had they played as many games as the others with their same results, no question they'd be right up there towards the top. And yes OU has not been as dominant in the top 5 for for some years now, but they have owned Florida State 6-1, which is no small feat.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue blood status isn't about being a winning program for a few years or even a decade. It's about sustained and repeat success over 30, 40, 50, 60 years.

ANYONE can get hot for a few years. Maintaining that and CONSISTENTLY being a quality program and developing a winning culture is the key. Sorry but if all you have is 10, 20 years of being relevant - you aren't a blue blood.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cling to it. It's all you've got left, and, eventually, even that will be taken away
Unlikely at this point. Even if OSU won every game through 2026, we'd still be up a game. ou got closer but that's about to end. We still have 11 more wins -- and knowing how this all works, it's likely sometime in the next couple decades we'll go on a streak of our own.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your order ... I would say you done it fairly ... My Order would be

1. Alabama
2. ohio state (I hate myself right now)
3. USC
4. Notre Dame
5. Oklahoma
6. Michigan
7. Texas
8. Nebraska

Good order, but as much as it pains me, I'd have to swap ND and USC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it much either but I still have to put ND as #1. Even without much recent success

Yeah, they are credited with practically inventing college football (they were certainly a major driver of it's popularity). They could easily be the #1 blue blood program.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe talk when you have a winning record over all of your rivals.

It's nice to see you still focus on the past when talking about meeeechegan football rather than what they've done recently. But then again you're the same homer that takes great pride in all the Natty's Yer Boyz won 100+ years ago.

meeeechegan football: ain't shit unless ya bring up stuff they did 10, 11 decades ago.

hail to the victors? Not lately @ all.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe talk when you have a winning record over all of your rivals.
Ohio State is 5 games over .500 in the modern era against michigan, but sure, those games that happened before the forward pass really matter!

:kermit:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see you still focus on the past when talking about meeeechegan football rather than what they've done recently. But then again you're the same homer that takes great pride in all the Natty's Yer Boyz won 100+ years ago.

meeeechegan football: ain't shit unless ya bring up stuff they did 10, 11 decades ago.

hail to the victors? Not lately @ all.

Ohio State is 5 games over .500 in the modern era against michigan, but sure, those games that happened before the forward pass really matter!

:kermit:

I respect my enemies and my hate is a sign of respect, but to discount or disrespect Michigan's history is the same as Michigan's fans saying we have owned ohio state in recent history. It is just silly and irrelevant. Michigan and ohio state is a great rivalry, and I hope to continue hating ohio state for years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect my enemies and my hate is a sign of respect, but to discount or disrespect Michigan's history is the same as Michigan's fans saying we have owned ohio state in recent history. It is just silly and irrelevant. Michigan and ohio state is a great rivalry, and I hope to continue hating ohio state for years.
Dude, nobody gives a shit about your big wins of the leather helmet days outside of michigan fans. They're irrelevant to the modern game. When you brag because you have the overall lead in the rivalry because of games played during the Great Depression, you deserve to be called out for it.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, nobody gives a shit about your big wins of the leather helmet days outside of michigan fans. They're irrelevant to the modern game. When you brag because you have the overall lead in the rivalry because of games played during the Great Depression, you deserve to be called out for it.

Some people do give "a shit" about history. Sorry, I love Michigan's Football History (just not the real recent history) and I love the direction they are headed in!!!

1895_Michigan_football_team.jpg

Just like I am proud of America's history and hopefully America's future

BCnd_1816%E2%80%931868_Washington,_D.C.)_-_Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg