• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree's perforance vs Lions

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Crabtree's performance today? A lot of people were saying that this is his big chance to break out and prove him self. And I definitely would not say this was a great game by him I do not think he did to bad. He almost doubled his receptions today compared to what he had in the 4 games he has played this year.

And besides that one play where it could have been a touchdown but he did not get his feet down did he drop any balls? I saw bits and pieces of the game and did not see any that caught my eye.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He dropped one ball i can remember right near the begining of the game, but other then that a solid effort.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hs awareness is lacking. he's always short of the 1st down marker. guess he still thinks he's at texas tech when db's didn't know how to tackle.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He dropped one where he was streaking up the sidelines. It bounced off his hands.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was good not great. I guess it was the red jersey that made him look slimmer last week. He's the same.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He was not bad, but then you look at the box score and he was targetted 15 times so he could have done a lot more.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If alex had hit him one of the other extra times he was open then Crabtrees statline would have looked better..

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does it seem like every pass to Crabtree is high

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He could of had a better game.

A lot more drive than Ginn after the catch but couldn't move the chains on a couple of times.

Hope his foot doesn't crop up again and he has the same or less drop numbers in the final 10 games.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its not just you. Alex was sailing all his passes today. Even when you look at Smiths int, crabtree was open over.the middle and Smith threw high and off target.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it me or does it seem like every pass to Crabtree is high

no its not just you.

Alex Smith looked terrible throwing to Crabtree when over 10 yards. he should stick to Vernon Davis. :-)

speaking of which, were the Lions "double teaming" Davis?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
still believe Crabtree will be a quality starter, today was a good start. he should get the awareness part better as he plays, what i agree with is he's tackled too easily or goes down too easily? isn't he like 6'-2" and 215 lbs?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree had a very good game today. Came through for the most part.

Alex did sail his passes, got me worried and thinking about dead arm???

Even so, the more reason why I think Alex needs tall WRs...

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He just needs to catch the ball and go. His problem has been, He is catching the ball, stopping to look where to go, then he goes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Up and down, as usual with Crabtree. He made one or two really nice catches when Alex threw high (which, as noted, he seems to do a lot when throwing to Crabtree). But he also dropped one deep ball that, while tough to bring in, a go-to receiver has to catch. He needs to do a better job of getting past the sticks. And on the would-be TD, he could have gotten the other foot down if he had tried to do that instead of lunging for the endzone. Tough to fault that one too much (and frankly, why isn't two hops on one foot as good as both feet???), but it's the little things that he seems to fall short on. If Smith hit him in stride across the middle on a few of those throws, including the INT, he would've had some nice plays.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Up and down, as usual with Crabtree. He made one or two really nice catches when Alex threw high (which, as noted, he seems to do a lot when throwing to Crabtree). But he also dropped one deep ball that, while tough to bring in, a go-to receiver has to catch. He needs to do a better job of getting past the sticks. And on the would-be TD, he could have gotten the other foot down if he had tried to do that instead of lunging for the endzone. Tough to fault that one too much (and frankly, why isn't two hops on one foot as good as both feet???), but it's the little things that he seems to fall short on. If Smith hit him in stride across the middle on a few of those throws, including the INT, he would've had some nice plays.

Agreed! Couple better throws and Crabtrees numbers/day looks better. I like what I am seeing as far as progression from Crabtree.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

hmm, was thinking about that too at the time? but then on replays it WAS a tough catch? he might've caught it without thinking end zone, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems to me that Smith and Crabtree are not in sync with each other... They just don't seem to get that chemistry going... The Lions know that without Morgan, Alex will be looking for Davis that's why they took him away with double coverage... Smith and Crabs need to get in sync with each other and fast

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that Smith and Crabtree are not in sync with each other... They just don't seem to get that chemistry going... The Lions know that without Morgan, Alex will be looking for Davis that's why they took him away with double coverage... Smith and Crabs need to get in sync with each other and fast

Just speculating here, but maybe it's because he's been out with a foot injury? They seemed more in sync last year, but i would hope that they start to get on the same page within the next couple of weeks.