• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowgirls say they're going after golden tate

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the game is not about injuring people, legally or illegally.

It's a physical threat and the players should be treated the same way the bounty gate players were. If you make it known you intend to take an NFL field with plans to injure someone, you should be pulled from the game and the league. Bad look for the Cowboys, for the NFL and all their sponsors, publicly threatening to hurt another player. You do that off the field and you get in trouble with the law.

Ok, show me the quote where the Dallas player said they were going to injure Tate.

The guy was careful with his words, and threw the "within the rules" disclaimer in there. Not going to make anything stick, sorry.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, show me the quote where the Dallas player said they were going to injure Tate.

The guy was careful with his words, and threw the "within the rules" disclaimer in there. Not going to make anything stick, sorry.

Don't be sorry, I don't care. Obviously the Lions are in these guys heads. Love it.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time will be here shortly children.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time a player gets lit up they go crying to the refs and the media. Unfortunately, this is what the NFL has become. The National Fairy League.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that was a clean block. Lee got some of his own medicine. Tate just put a little emphasis on it. It was not a cheap shot. Little ol wide receiver wiped out a linebacker? Wanh. It looked really bad cause Lee was totally knocked into next week.

Now, planning to take someone out on purpose is wrong and there is no place for that. Can we say bountygate? Leave it to the cowgirls to do something so stupid when they finally have a shot at something.

I predict two cowgirls will collide with each other as Tate ducks out of the way and both of them end up on the sidelines. Tate is tough. And fearless.

Some of his own medicine? Can you expand on that thought? Lee is not a dirty player at all. The reason some see it as a dirty hit is that Tate knew he had a free shot, knew Lee didn't see him coming, tried to hurt him not just take him out of the play and crawled around like a jackass celebrating the hit afterwards. Simple fact is that Lee probably needs to be more aware of what is going on around him on plays like that, but without getting into another persons mind it sure seemed like Tate wanted to hurt him as much as possible. I think his actions afterwards are what proved him to be a total dick, not the hit itself...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A linebacker crying about a 5'10 180lb receiver hitting him too hard?

Sean Lee is a fucking pussy. Jesus.

Ed Reed (S) was the worst at it.

If he hit a WR really hard, he'd get up and pound his chest - and yell at the crowd.

Then in a Sunday night game, he got hit hard by Hines Ward.

It was a legal block - it was from the side - and Hines was run blocking for someone else.

Two of his team mates had to help Ed off the field.

Trainer: Ed, what day is it?

Ed Reed: I like jelly beans.

Both him and his team complained about the hit afterwards.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and crawled around like a jackass celebrating the hit afterwards.
Yeah bc defensive players don't do that ALL the time after a basic tackle.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he hit a WR really hard, he'd get up and pound his chest - and yell at the crowd.

It was a legal block - it was from the side - and Hines was run blocking for someone else.

Ironically, I always compared Tate to Hinds Ward, both are very similar in how they play .... Both also lay the wood in the blocking game .... Not afraid to get there hands dirty ...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenders complaining about being hit hard by offensive players has a whiny ring to it. Take advantage of the 9 other plays out of 10 when you get to tee off on them and get over it already.

I hope Tate smacks another Cowboy this weekend. That would be a good show.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that hit....Hines knocked the piss out of him LOL

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lead with the helmet, not legal at all....

He led with his shoulder, that's why his arms extended when he hit him. Unfortunately heads are permanent parts of the body, he can't unscrew it to ensure that it stays completely out of the hit.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led with his shoulder, that's why his arms extended when he hit him. Unfortunately heads are permanent parts of the body, he can't unscrew it to ensure that it stays completely out of the hit.

Then don't launch yourself and lower your head like a torpedo. Clearly the crown of the helmet blasted the guy. And comparing Tate to Ward isn't a good thing. Ward had been known to cherry pick his blocks on unassuming players.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems borderline whether it was legal/illegal, but cheap? I don't get that. It was in the context of the play. It's not like the whistle blew or Tate came across the field and sought out a player who wasn't able to defend himself and blindsided him. It was a big hit on a bigger player. Boo hoo.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that Cowboys players should be worried about the other Lions WR, some guy named Calvin Johnson, word is he's a decent WR.:rollseyes:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that Cowboys players should be worried about the other Lions WR, some guy named Calvin Johnson, word is he's a decent WR.:rollseyes:

The concerns for most Cowboys fans are in the right place ...and one of those places is CJ, bad ankle or not.