• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henderson and the NFL took too long to give their ruling, had they made this call about 6 hours ago Elliott would have to rely on the Judge putting the suspension on hold. As of right now Zeke is suspended weeks 2 through 7, unless a Judge rules otherwise.

I already thought that when I posted. Still thought it was stupid.

But he was suspended already

The appeal took too long. The NFL said he'd play week one after the appeal went past a certain point in fairness for both teams to game plan. Otherwise the appeal could be ruled Sunday morning and both teams would have to plan on him playing. All it does is push it back, it doesn't lessen the punishment. So now instead of missing the Giants game he misses the Chiefs.

Now for the real reason......

Dan GrazianoESPN Staff Writer
i

When I asked why Ezekiel Elliott is allowed to play in Week 1 even though suspension was upheld, I got this answer: "It was a question asked by the judge in court before a ruling came down. In deference, and as to not rush the judge, league attorneys agreed to permit him to play week 1. Nothing to do with an illusory 4 p.m. Tuesday deadline."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already thought that when I posted. Still thought it was stupid.

Now for the real reason......

When I asked why Ezekiel Elliott is allowed to play in Week 1 even though suspension was upheld, I got this answer: "It was a question asked by the judge in court before a ruling came down. In deference, and as to not rush the judge, league attorneys agreed to permit him to play week 1. Nothing to do with an illusory 4 p.m. Tuesday deadline."

I wonder if this is a sign the Judge will suspend the suspension, until the case runs it's course. Now of course it will get scary for Dallas fans if the team is doing well and the case sounds like it will end around week 12 or so.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing the league does should shock anyone? We all know they just do whatever the hell they want, whenever the hell they want
Well it's the situation most employees face. I could go to work tomorrow and my employer could say he's letting me go without giving a reason ( most likely tell me they decided to go in a different direction ).

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised by the time of the decision to uphold the suspension. I don't think the extra 7 hours he took changed his mind one way or another. I also wonder if the Union filing a lawsuit played in the decision not to reduce it. Kind of, "Oh Yeah? Well show you".

Like I asked... where are all the Mara conspiracy theorists now? lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, ok thank you for the clarification. Guess the league wants to do everything it can to have the Gmen lose... I'm ok wit that, lol

As long as the Giants have Bad Eli.....the League doesn't need to do anything to help the Giants lose. They can do it all on their own with Bad Eli at the helm.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I asked... where are all the Mara conspiracy theorists now? lol
Why don't you just that Giants flag on you profile already.

By the way a Judge forced the NFL to make the call one way or another. I'm betting they felt had they said its undetermined yet, the Judge would have made a decision they wouldn't like.
Don't try to act for one second the Giants don't get special treatment.
Josh Brown? How many games did your coach gey suspended for ILLEGAL walkie talkies?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this is a sign the Judge will suspend the suspension, until the case runs it's course. Now of course it will get scary for Dallas fans if the team is doing well and the case sounds like it will end around week 12 or so.

Exactly. I don't know what or if Zeke did anything to that woman. All I know is if I didn't touch her, then I'm fighting this and suing the NFL for defamation! Even if it means I miss the end of a season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elliott can somehow through the courts take away Goodells GOD Power its a win for all teams and players.
I think I recall some fans saying that about a year ago. Wierd lots of other fans didn't agree. Funny how times change.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me the Giants game is more important to have Zeke than the Chiefs game.
The Giants are in our division the chiefs aren't even in our Conference (for tie breaking situations)

As for whoever said, not bad for the other teams & players. I tend to disagree. Now that the NFL is setting this "new" precedent. If the NFL doesnt react the same to other teams & players with allegedly not proven accusations. The Jerry Jones & Robert Krafts of the NFL would be open to litigate against the NFL for (forgive me to the lawyer types on here as I assume I am using the wrong words but you get the idea) Discriminating against them as owners which in turn cost them money. Picking & choosing select teams to attack as a commissioner helping other teams.... Well that would sound like a court case in the waiting. So I kinda think Commissioner Corruption will cover his bases & come down on other teams players as well. (this is where Pandora's box enters the story)
Atleast for awhile.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I recall some fans saying that about a year ago. Wierd lots of other fans didn't agree. Funny how times change.
We have different veiws on what Brady knew/didn't know. IMO big difference is Bradys case was on field related Zekes case is public law related. My hope is a judge will rule the Article 46 violates labor law.
I will grant you its a long shot but what does he have to lose?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have different veiws on what Brady knew/didn't know. IMO big difference is Bradys case was on field related Zekes case is public law related. My hope is a judge will rule the Article 46 violates labor law.
I will grant you its a long shot but what does he have to lose?
Yeah we have different views. TB didn't do anything wrong. You know the song and dance IGL...
But when TB took it to court to fight Article 46 the haters came out in droves, including your owner. Karma's a bitch.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL may have secretly wanted Elliott to play week 1. Cowboys vs. Giants in prime time on Sunday Night Football? Beckham will be out. Could they afford to lose another star player?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you just that Giants flag on you profile already.

By the way a Judge forced the NFL to make the call one way or another. I'm betting they felt had they said its undetermined yet, the Judge would have made a decision they wouldn't like.
Don't try to act for one second the Giants don't get special treatment.
Josh Brown? How many games did your coach gey suspended for ILLEGAL walkie talkies?

Lol

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me the Giants game is more important to have Zeke than the Chiefs game.
The Giants are in our division the chiefs aren't even in our Conference (for tie breaking situations)

As for whoever said, not bad for the other teams & players. I tend to disagree. Now that the NFL is setting this "new" precedent. If the NFL doesnt react the same to other teams & players with allegedly not proven accusations. The Jerry Jones & Robert Krafts of the NFL would be open to litigate against the NFL for (forgive me to the lawyer types on here as I assume I am using the wrong words but you get the idea) Discriminating against them as owners which in turn cost them money. Picking & choosing select teams to attack as a commissioner helping other teams.... Well that would sound like a court case in the waiting. So I kinda think Commissioner Corruption will cover his bases & come down on other teams players as well. (this is where Pandora's box enters the story)
Atleast for awhile.

99.9% of the league doesn't care cause they don't find themselves in the situation Zeke has and they know they never will

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Giants have Bad Eli.....the League doesn't need to do anything to help the Giants lose. They can do it all on their own with Bad Eli at the helm.

Oh look, another Pick 6

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's the situation most employees face. I could go to work tomorrow and my employer could say he's letting me go without giving a reason ( most likely tell me they decided to go in a different direction ).

It's not as bad as getting "laid off" on a Monday but yet having to work the entire day

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders fan

Lmao

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More likely... it comes down to this;

...As the case continues in the Eastern District of Texas, Judge Mazzant will weigh whether Elliott meets the criteria required to receive an injunction, which would likely keep Elliott on the field for the remainder of the NFL season as the league appeals.

Elliott must be able to prove four elements:
- A likelihood of success on the merits of the case;
- A substantial threat to suffering irreparable harm;
- Threatened injury that outweighs any damage the injunction might cause the NFL;
- No disservice to the public interest from the injunction.

The only real question, law experts say, is being able to prove likelihood of success.

Mazzant said he'd spent the Labor Day weekend reading through Elliott's court filings and documents, and that he's looked at the cases of Brady and NFL running back Adrian Peterson.

Kate Hairopoulos , Staff Writer Dallas Morning News

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All shitting aside, the text messages from this girl should convince this judge Zeke at least has a case here