• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys vs. Eagles

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, Cowboys fan here. Congrats on a good season so far. I can't help but think that the Cowboys and Eagles are destined to fight it out for the top seed in the NFC. The NFC south is a train wreck, the NFC west has a lot of good teams and will beat each other up, and I don't see the Packers or Lions winning as many games as the East champion. How do you guys think your team matches up with the Cowboys? That game @ Philly in the middle of December could decide everything. Win or lose, I'm looking forward to thanksgiving

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't worried about the Cowboys game. They play the Cardinals next.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams look to be headed for a clash for sure. Right now, I am afraid that Dallas would win. Fortunately the actual matchups don't happen for another month, and by then Philly's offensive line should be back to full strength.

And of course we know what happens to Romo when December comes, so there's that...
:pound:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams look to be headed for a clash for sure. Right now, I am afraid that Dallas would win. Fortunately the actual matchups don't happen for another month, and by then Philly's offensive line should be back to full strength.

And of course we know what happens to Romo when December comes, so there's that...

The difference is the Boys finally got smart and now know how to utilize Murray and putting less pressure on Romo. If they keep going with this recipe, December is irrelevant for Romo and his struggles in the month of December. That being said, the way Murray is being used now, history shows that Murray will break down.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the two teams will most likely come down to the head to head games. Only way we win the division & get HFA is if we sweep 'em. IMO.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the two teams will most likely come down to the head to head games. Only way we win the division & get HFA is if we sweep 'em. IMO.

Agree and I think we split. We lose on thanksgiving unfortunately.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanksgiving Day!!

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and I think we split. We lose on thanksgiving unfortunately.

Ive noticed a weird pattern about the Cowboys / Eagles matchups. Usually the Cowboys win in Philly and usually the Eagles win in Dallas.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboy game is still a ways away. I don't think either defense is great. Because of that both offenses will be able to score. It may just come down to Special Teams play and I think we have the edge there. Again, we play the Cards this weekend so I am focused more on that game. :D

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I swear im not trying to trash talk but... seriously, have cowgirl fans not seen this story enough?

Somehow, the cowgirls always come down to losing to us and finishing 8-8. Its like god hates cowgirl fans, and lets them get all excited, just to tear off the bandage at the last possible second lol.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I swear im not trying to trash talk but... seriously, have cowgirl fans not seen this story enough?

Somehow, the cowgirls always come down to losing to us and finishing 8-8. Its like god hates cowgirl fans, and lets them get all excited, just to tear off the bandage at the last possible second lol.

What you're saying is true..... We have been choking a lot the last few years and you guys have bragging rights at the moment. I guarantee you tho, we will NOT finish 8-8 this year unless Murray, Romo, and Dez are injured and out for the year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO at Eagles fan. When the highlight of your shit franchise is watching Jaws get spattered in the Super Bowl, you should really stick to your own board. At least our QB's aren't so chickenshit scared that they throw up on the field. :clap:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um. This is our board.

PS Cowboys have one playoff win since 1996. So don't talk trash...

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um. This is our board.

PS Cowboys have one playoff win since 1996. So don't talk trash...

Ignore that guy..... I'm well aware that this is the Eagles board, you guys won the division last year, and are doing well so far this year. Only a fucking idiot would trash talk the Eagles right now.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at Eagles fan. When the highlight of your shit franchise is watching Jaws get spattered in the Super Bowl, you should really stick to your own board. At least our QB's aren't so chickenshit scared that they throw up on the field. :clap:

The highlight of the franchise is most likely the 3 NFL championships they won. Or do you think the NFL started in 1967? LMAO!

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, this is our board.

Second, there are different eras of football as far as I am concerned. There was still professional football being played in the 1920's. Yes, way before my time! I remember the free agency era and the Cowboys and Niners were the dominate franchises in that period. Look at players like Sanders and Haley who have rings with both teams.

We are now in the Salary Cap era of football. This is the era where the Cowboys haven't been successful at all. I would say the Patriots are probably the most dominate team in this era. The Eagles have done really well but still haven't won a SuperBowl. I hope one day we will.

You can talk about your rings if you want to but the last one was won almost 20 years ago. My oldest son is 20 so my guess is people 30 years old or younger probably don't even remember watching a dominate Cowboys team. I am not saying your team doesn't look good this year but it is still October.

Lets take a look at an irrelevant historical event. The Eagles and the Brooklyn Dodgers played the first televised football game in 1939. We were also the first team to lose on television. :doh: You guys didn't show up until 21 years after that. In 1960 you were first known as the Steers and then the Rangers. They changed the name to the Cowboys to avoid confusion.

No one one this board that knows football is going to argue that Dallas isn't one of the most successful franchises in football. Not just its' SuperBowl wins but they built one of the strongest sports brands ever. I am sure most Cowboys fans know this but if you don't you can find it on the History Channel under Champions of the previous Century. You will find us there winning the NFL Championship in 1960.

Both are so far in history now they just don't matter. I guess you can say at least your games were broadcast in color. :lol:

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is the Boys finally got smart and now know how to utilize Murray and putting less pressure on Romo. If they keep going with this recipe, December is irrelevant for Romo and his struggles in the month of December. That being said, the way Murray is being used now, history shows that Murray will break down.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5742736-post26.html

They're running Murray into the ground.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we really gonna play like the Nazi forums in HoopLand and start with the 'this is our board' crap?

Come on guys.... KFFL it......slam the dude , don't play the 'it's my turf' game.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man that educational system down there in texas is amazing. THIS IS OUR BOARD MORON. You came here uninvited. You can tell its mid to late october as the cockroaches are out of the woodwork. Luckily, once thanksgiving hits and the cowboys start their annual collapse, their "fans" will scurry back into hiding.