• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Versus Browns

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what Dak has been doing the cowboys should definitely pay him and make him the highest paid QB behind Mahomes. If Dak were to test the free agent market it would not take long for a team like the Bears, Colts, or Panthers to pay and sign him.
Him and 30 other QBs I think the days of having shut down defenses like the Steelers and Ravens are behind us I think the future of the NFL is whos offense can score 40 points first.

I think you are own to something here. GB and NO last week - sure they have good offenses , but both were missing their stud WR. Both are considered to have good defenses. They both put up 30 plus. Thats one reason I thought the defense played OK vs the Seahawks. 7 punts and 1 turnover. That’s 8 possessions with 0 points.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thank god you’re not a GM of any sort in the NFL
Well thank god you’re not a GM of any sort in the NFL.
Your opinion and you are welcome to it. I know my opinion goes against the popular one on the board and that’s fine. I hope I’m wrong but when you pay him if you don’t draft perfectly and sign the right FA’s I fear yesterday is what we are looking at for the Cowboys future. We shall see and again I hope I’m wrong.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s your plan then?
you get a mid range vet like Fitzpatrick or Dalton to bridge And you draft a Qb to groom every other year.
Of course you have to have a Qb talent evaluator that is good and a QB Teacher that is good. A QB that takes up 20% of your cap Is not Managing your cap assets smart. I know most wont agree.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion and you are welcome to it. I know my opinion goes against the popular one on the board and that’s fine. I hope I’m wrong but when you pay him if you don’t draft perfectly and sign the right FA’s I fear yesterday is what we are looking at for the Cowboys future. We shall see and again I hope I’m wrong.

I totally get your point. The Eagles offense looks really bad. Wentz is having to run the ball a lot just to give them a chance. His WRs are not good. The Rams offense is nothing like it was 2 years ago. The Vikings have gotten worse as well. Paying a heavy price for a Qb is tough to do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t see the game yesterday because I am away For a few days. I listened to the beginning on the radio and followed online on and off. Didn’t get much out of this thread in the way of specifics on the game (individual plays, etc), more just venting at what seemed another horrible defensive effort

what was the interception like at the end? I read someone saying it looked like Cooper gave up on the route. Bad throw/decision or last second desperation play or on cooper?

on the secondary was it blown coverages or just guys getting beat? Both? I assume run defense poor again as well?

I struggle to think how this team Felt it was better off Cutting HHCD. Not a star by any means, but we need help

how did Knight play? Or was it Steele?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t see the game yesterday because I am away For a few days. I listened to the beginning on the radio and followed online on and off. Didn’t get much out of this thread in the way of specifics on the game (individual plays, etc), more just venting at what seemed another horrible defensive effort

what was the interception like at the end? I read someone saying it looked like Cooper gave up on the route. Bad throw/decision or last second desperation play or on cooper?

on the secondary was it blown coverages or just guys getting beat? Both? I assume run defense poor again as well?

I struggle to think how this team Felt it was better off Cutting HHCD. Not a star by any means, but we need help

Copper made a Deion “business” decision he just slowed down because he was gonna get hit.
Right tackle is going to b a problem all year with Collins out .
Defense well this sums it up What defense? No pass rush LB’s were really bad along with the secondary again.
If Dix could not play on this defense he must be done.
Nolan as Defense coach sure does not look like the answer.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somehow we gave up 34 unanswered points. Baker was pretty good. Nothing great. They rolled him out a lot. Not sure if he ever got hit. No pass rush. The Browns played 4 RBs. Every one of them had carries that they were not touched until 7 or 8 yards down the field. Chubb looked great until he got hurt. Hunt looked really good as well. Then the 3rd stringer looked as good if not better than both of them. They all hit the hole very quick. Odell was awesome. Cleveland’s defense wasn’t that bad. They had good coverage a lot of times. Dak just made good throws for the most part. They did go prevent in the fourth. The Cooper pay was wierd. It looked like he was just running a pattern to draw coverage and wasn’t expecting the ball. St the last second he turned around. Not sure if he could have caught it but he could have broken it up. Cleveland got their hands on a lot of balls it seemed. I think Steele started but was replaced by Knight. They got to Dak a few times but for the most part he had time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be time to give ole Coach Wade a call
I’m Wondering if it’s more a player overhaul that’s needed on defense at this point. maybe just start blitzing the heck out of teams. We are already giving up the big plays so maybe try to make something happen To offset them instead of sitting back and getting destroyed any way

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too old.
He is that but he
I’m Wondering if it’s more a player overhaul that’s needed on defense at this point. maybe just start blitzing the heck out of teams. We are already giving up the big plays so maybe try to make something happen To offset them instead of sitting back and getting destroyed any way

Yesterday was about as bad as I’ve seen. Their RBs were just awesome. The 3rd stringer looked like he was playing to stay on the team. Ran extremely hard with plenty of shake. Hunt looked like a blur.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right on the overhaul. They did blitz some yesterday with mixed results of course.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is that but he

Yesterday was about as bad as I’ve seen. Their RBs were just awesome. The 3rd stringer looked like he was playing to stay on the team. Ran extremely hard with plenty of shake. Hunt looked like a blur.
The Browns are loaded with talent.